Piranha

Blue Coats, Red Coats, or Green Coats

Rubbish! It's just camoflauge! :pir_laugh2: Gee LKOE...

Well the blue guys just jump in the water and turn completely invisible (as someone already pointed out a year ago :pir_laugh2: ), while those red guys are stuck on their little boats trying to hide under the seats.

Another thing I don't like about the red enemies of the pirates is that they seem to brainwash pirates to work for them as slaves for rowing boats and carrying treasures. The blue force seems to be more civilized.

And oooof I had to think a while what LKOE meant, CZ

The blue soldiers look better in their red boats, a red guy in a red boat is not the way to go!

And that's why they also invented brown boats :pir-wink:. Go brown boats! They look nicer anyways.

Redboatscoats are way cooler than bluecoats, just look at their boats. I do have more bluecoats than redcoats, but that's probably because it's easier to get them (maybe they're the unwanted bunch :pir-tongue:).

Edited by Fluyt

(maybe they're the unwanted bunch :pir-tongue:).

Or maybe their looks have not been a reason for kids to use them to experiment with matches, fireworks and powertools or use them as pet toys.

I agree about the brown boats though, I think the only reason the red boat was ever designed, was because it looked good with the blue soldier. They should have made all boats (pirate and soldier) brown. Since they nearly all come with a flag anyway its not hard to tell who is who. Some redcoat sets had red boats though (eww!).

Or maybe their looks have not been a reason for kids to use them to experiment with matches, fireworks and powertools or use them as pet toys.

You got me there :pir-blush:, but how could someone do such a horrible things to the beloved redcoats?

I agree about the brown boats though, I think the only reason the red boat was ever designed, was because it looked good with the blue soldier. They should have made all boats (pirate and soldier) brown. Since they nearly all come with a flag anyway its not hard to tell who is who. Some redcoat sets had red boats though (eww!).

Didn't even realize that they also used red boats (and I even have the bounty boat set twice :pir-tongue:), indeed not a pretty sight, but in 2 out of 4 sets the boats where for the pirates that they fought.

Edited by Fluyt

I hear almost everybody talking about the British redcoats. But I think only marines and the army had redcoats, the navy used blue. Or am I wrong?

I would like to know which of the following do you like best.

The old Imperial Soilders(blue coats).

The old Imperial Gaurds(old red coats).

Or the New Red soilders from the 2009 pirate line.

My personal favorite is the Blue coats. :thumbup:

Edited by Broadside

I like the old Blue Coats or the new Reds the best although I haven't personally seen an actual new minifig so I can't really judge to well.

Hm, that's a hard one. All are good and useful.

But if I have to choose it would be the new red coat. I love that it is so detailed and since I like to make historical mocs I think this will fit perfectly for a Danish soldier. Then my Swedish carolean soldiers will have a classic enemy to fight :pir-classic: (a moc showing this will be built as soon as I got my S@H order)

it would be imperial guards, only because I haven't a bluecoat to determine which I like better. and I only have 1 old imperial guard. :/ so it would be the Imperials for me. :pir-sceptic:

And if anyone would like to send me a bluecoat, would be greatly appreciated. *PM me if you do. :)*

I would say the new red soldiers, because I think it has more detail than the older imperial figs.

Would anyone else like to see NEW bluecoats as much as I would? I hope that's in our not too distant future. But for me, I'd go with the old bluecoats first. The new reds are a close second, for sure.

Would anyone else like to see NEW bluecoats as much as I would? I hope that's in our not too distant future.

Sure, the more the merrier :pir-classic: It would add more variation of armies, suitable for French, American, Swedish and many others.

But in fact we got a bluecoat this year, well sort of: 973pb529c01.jpg

i like the red coats mainly the new ones and thats because of the printed hats and printed torsos front and back :pir_laugh2:

I came across this topic while browsing through my old post (yes I sometimes do that :pir-blush: )

Probably one of those questions that lasts forever

I had no idea it had come this far :pir_laugh2:

Blue coats are winning by 3 votes!! Way to crush the competition :cannon: (New emoticons! (to me anyway) )

I don't remember if I voted by it was probably for blue since I just like that color better

Blue coats are winning by 3 votes!! Way to crush the competition :cannon: (New emoticons! (to me anyway) )

And now by 4 :pir-grin: !

I also voted red coats, since I had the Imperial Flagship and Trading Post as a kid. I had so much fun playing with those amazing sets, so I guess I'm a bit biased.

Oh Yeah! The CC Rules! :pir_laugh2:
No, she don't. :pir-tongue: She has a too wide hull. The Imperial Flagship has a smaller hull, so more speed and greater movement. The Imperial Flagship has a working rudder. And more realistic rigging. She will send the CC crew to Davy Jones' locker! :jollyroger:

Besides of that, the Soldiers have a fortress and the guards a harbor, but still with some defends. What if the soldiers are empty of supplies? The guards can be supplied with the merchant ship. And no, the soldiers won't capture her, the Imperial Flagship will keep attackers off.

To make things clear, with Imperial Guards/Redcoats I only mean the 1992-1995 theme. The new minifigs are great, but the sts are very bad IMHO.

Edited by Richie