Piranha

Blue Coats, Red Coats, or Green Coats

Redcoats for me, somehow they just look better, and they also have a nicer ship.

I really wish they'd had a nice big fort though.

Blue! More classy, and yes, remind me of French Troops due to colour! I love the CC, and the colour blue is less striking on the eyes. Plus, though they do not look as tough, I sure do imagine them as being high in number! Like BD's.

In the back of my mind, I always thought the blue coats were always the navy sailors and

the red coats (imperials) were the land-based marines.

Maybe, I'm too Ango-focused....

:jollyroger:

As far as prefence goes, I thought the red coats were "cooler" but the blue ones only definitely

belonged.... so I chose blue!

Ben M.

Imperial Guards since I am a British Red Coat!

March On Troops

Heres the British March from oo7s Tavern

Nice one oo7

Thanks for that! I have allways wondered what that song was. I know it was British, as I first heard it in the English ports in Sid Meier's Pirates, and I heard it in the "Crown and ROse" at the UK palivion at EPCOT. Then I went and meet Mary Poppins. :pir-tongue:

It's ironic that I'm such a Anglo-phile, considering I'm more than half French.

Edited by Norrington

Somehow, I just came across into this poll and find it very interesting.

I voted for Soldiers (Blue coats) There is no particular reasons, just find blue coat looks much beautiful. This is my personal opnion. Just love these blue soldiers. I always think red is refer to as general/commander. I am not an expert in pirates stuff. Maybe, I should do some reading up, digging up some old topics. :pir-tongue:

I only had the bluecoats when I was a kid, so I'm going with them. I thought the redcoats were ace when I saw them years later - like the bluecoats only... red!

Still, I'm sentimental so blue blue blue for me.

While I had more Imperial Guards as a kid and red is my favourite colour, I chose the Soldiers who I have since warmed to. Personally I have a 4 on 4 battle going on with the Soldiers as French, Guards as British, Armada as Spanish and the Pirates as... Pirates!

I voted redcoats but bluecoats are cool aswell.

The 'reds' are just harder to come by then the 'blues' so that makes redcoats more precious to me.

My current total : 14 redcoats 17 bluecoats and each with 2 cannons.

bleu coats..

Remind me of the wonder i felt viewing the first lego pirate sets back in 1989....

Especially Eldorado Fortress 6276 here, which i got for my birthday that year... :pir-cry_happy:

Spend hours in the shop just looking at the box art... Must have driven my parents nuts. :pir-tongue:

Edited by Teddy

I choose the redcoats because one of my favorite movies of all time is Zulu Dawn, and the redcoats remind me of the British soldiers in that movie. I like the blue coats also, but I use them more as elite guards or cavalry while the redcoats are usually foot soldiers. You've got to love the foot soldiers of that era, they were willing to stand yards away from the enemy in formation and fire single shot muskets/rifles.

When I post pictures of my Brigade, you will see a slight resemblance to Zulu Dawn.

I choose the redcoats because one of my favorite movies of all time is Zulu Dawn, and the redcoats remind me of the British soldiers in that movie. I like the blue coats also, but I use them more as elite guards or cavalry while the redcoats are usually foot soldiers. You've got to love the foot soldiers of that era, they were willing to stand yards away from the enemy in formation and fire single shot muskets/rifles.

When I post pictures of my Brigade, you will see a slight resemblance to Zulu Dawn.

I choose bluecoats without a particular reason, probably because I have more of them :pir_laugh2:

I also use them combined into one army most of the time; my redcoats are used as cavalry then, and as the personal guards of my generals. Only when I make a Napoleonic scene, I divide them between Brits and Frenchies, and I use Pirate Captains torsos to form some German units (or Austrian Landwehr)

I like the blue coats because in British history, the red coats were army and the blue coats navy. So on my ships I have blue officers and red marines. I like the blues better because of this.

:pir-hmpf_bad: Oh No! I hoped my vote would tip the poll in the guards favour, but alas I was wrong!

I know that both can be used as the British technically, but red and white are the colours of England, my homeland. :pir-blush:

Soldiers (the blue coats) [ 65 ] ** [50.00%]

Imperial Guards (the read coats) [ 65 ] ** [50.00%]

huh, the result after my vote.. perfect 50% !

Imperial Gaurds all the way! I really like both, but the Imperial Gaurds remind me of Britain, and Imperialism, The Honourable East India Company, the conquer of the east, "PWNING" the Spanish in the Caribbean, and other British-y things. Plus, the IS look a little to "French-ish" for my taste..\

The words were taken out of my mouth! Red coats all the way, and i believe they have just taken the lead with my vote!

I do however, think that the sails of the caribean clipper look mighty fine as a navy-ship, over those of the red soldiers - but i'm sure that would go in a completely different topic. So in terms of just the soldiers, the red ones win it for me!

even with your vote... someone else surely voted, the result is still 50/50 , funny

They were obviously a blue soldier, poised and ready to retaliate as soon as the reds took a step forward *nods*

these blue soldiers are real ninja ^^ oh, someone voted, red wons^^

The blue soldiers look better in their red boats, a red guy in a red boat is not the way to go!

I voted blue.

Rubbish! It's just camoflauge! :pir_laugh2: Gee LKOE...