Piranha

Blue Coats, Red Coats, or Green Coats

The ministry of propaganda is the only thing that still works in the redcoat empire. Here is the truth.

15788396877_d52fce76e4.jpg

15786735758_66eab607ef.jpg

LOL. Those buildings seem a bit modern for the era. Can't believe it's been two years since the last Tournament Of Retribution. I wonder if we'll have another one. With the release of the new pirate sets next year, the new folks should be able to get some bluecoats for a good Redcoats vs bluecoats bashing.

I have to go with blue as well. When I was a kid they did have command of the BSB.

I grew up with the redcoats and armada soldiers. But looking back on these as an adult, there's no question in my mind that the bluecoats were the best. They not only have the best appearance, but with the exception of the trading post, the bluecoat sets were far superior to all of the other waves.

By the way, this debate reminds me of the Star Trek episode, "Let That Be Your Last Battlefield."

Lego had only made Redcoats and Bluecoats but not any other. So do you like Redcoats, Bluecoats or customize other color armies; if so what color and army. I like to get inspiration from this site and others like this.

Bluecoats. I love the french culture, flag, etc. and I love the blue uniforms (The overhauled bluecoat Imperial Soldiers in 2015 are amazing) and the white epaulets give a fine charm. There is nothing I love more than the bluecoats.

There is a third faction, the Armada, but they weren't around very long. pirate_classic.gif

Eh... The Imperial Armada was based more on the Conquistadors than the Yellowcoats/Whitecoats (which causes a historical confusion in LEGO Pirates) and they were more of a mix of Green and Red.

Merged!

Lego had only made Redcoats and Bluecoats but not any other. So do you like Redcoats, Bluecoats or customize other color armies; if so what color and army. I like to get inspiration from this site and others like this.

Talk about an age old question in the pirate forum. I am curious if you done a search before starting your topic?

This poll has been modified to include the Imperial Armada.

I chose The Soldiers because the red looks way cooler ;). But, the blue look more professional...

-TD

Uhhh... Aren't the Imperial Soldiers blue, and the Imperial Guards red? Did you make a naming mistake, or did you mean to say "But" and not "Because"?

Anyway, another reason why I like the Imperial Soldiers: Blue is a better camouflage than red. Blue fits in with the oceanic background and sky, while red is basically a target with legs shouting "Shoot Me!".

Edit: Wait a minute... Which page was a reading? I think that was an old post...

Edited by LeutinantBluecoat

I chose bluecoats. I don't think Armada counts as greencoats, they only have one guy wearing green, who is an officer, the other officer and soldiers all wear red.

I was fairly late to Lego pirates, and to that end I am a fan of the red coats. However with the new line out, I have found a new found love of the blue coats. Despite my naivety to the line, perhaps this is still a bit of nostalgia.

I never managed to get any of the Armada line

I never managed to get any of the Armada line

Yeah... There was only two sets and one of those were renewed in 2001. They weren't very big and the minifigures weren't very interesting in my opinion.

Edited by LeutinantBluecoat

I have switched sides many a time in this debate. However, I'm currently liking blue a lot. I feel like, at least with the classic design so we're fair since the newer redcoats design< new bluecoats design, the blue just looks better. I tend to think of myself as a "purple coat" as purple is not only one of my favorite colors but also red+blue=purple. Who knows. Maybe tomorrow I'll like red better.

Hmm. Questions, questions. I've never had a strong preference - I like them all. Blue has always been my favorite color but I like both the old and new versions of the Imperial Soldiers and Guards. The new navy blue admiral/governor torso is beautiful, and the 2009 admiral torso was pretty good too. The Armada is more specialized and would be my last choice of the three, but I still like the faction and the few minifigs I have of them. I, too, could be a "purple coat" (man that sounds funny). But if I had to pick just one I would say redcoats, specifically the King George's Officer from POTC. I know that isn't an option in this poll (well, not directly) but it is a redcoat even if it is licensed instead of System. I just really like that torso design, and I have exactly 50 of the complete minifigs to prove it.