Piranha

Blue Coats, Red Coats, or Green Coats

I chose the Blue Coats.

Why? Because the first pirateset I ever had included one (6245 Harbor Sentry), got it back in 1990....

*y*

imperial soldiers of course!

reasons:

Napoleon

from the first pirate sets

they got me into lego pirates

they... can camouflage into the water? X-D

Plus the red soldiers were so few... More officers than soldiers...

Gaetano

I voted Guards (red ones) even though, I have 73 soldiers and only 12 guards - but I haven't finished buying *wub*

It's such a beautiful torso - and a little harder to get ( or at least a lot more expensive).

Plus it reminds me a little about the danish uniforms from 1837-64 (which I btw. are planning to make a little number of).

danske_uniformer_1837-64.jpg

Edited by Jesper

From what I see, it would be quite easy to build those Dannish troops - with red coats and blue trousers.

Anyway, I voted for soldiers some time ago, but now I'll explain why. I like them more because they were the first ones introduced, and the Imperial Guards looked the same but with different colours. What a lack of originality! If Lego had made them more innovative, then I'd like them more. They should've introduced red uniform, but with slightly different design, not a copy of the blue one. As it is, I always considered redcoats a rip-off of the bluecoats, and thus they were always inferior to me.

Iprefer the Imperial Guards because Impreial Flasgship i much better than the Caribean Clipper...and ITP is much better than EF, and red is my favourite colour

In any case i like the blue guys too...EF and Lagoon Lock up are really good sets

I chose the Soldiers, because they remind me of American Revolutionary Army Soldiers. They were the figs I used for my American army in battles against a friend of mine who used the Imperial Guards as British Red Coats.

However they're both good, and LEGO should make more of 'em, IMO.

Really they both work well for those of you with British MOCs. The blues can be naval officers (especially the rare Blue Admiral fig) and the reds can be Marines.

I like both; after much internal strife I voted for Soldiers. First, because I can use them for the French, Spanish, and Americans. Second, blue makes me happy :)

I prefer the recoats, because I love the British idea of it all. And this is coming from someone, by the way, who had a dozen bluecoats and only TWO redcoats as a child :-P

I prefer the recoats, because I love the British idea of it all. And this is coming from someone, by the way, who had a dozen bluecoats and only TWO redcoats as a child

Same. I pefer the Imperial Guards/Red Coats. The guards look like British soldiers and can therefore easily be turned into redcoats.

However, like you Sir Norman Ray, I have more soldiers minifigs than I have guards (I only have 5 of them along with 2 officers)...

Same. I pefer the Imperial Guards/Red Coats. The guards look like British soldiers and can therefore easily be turned into redcoats.

However, like you Sir Norman Ray, I have more soldiers minifigs than I have guards (I only have 5 of them along with 2 officers)...

All changed now :D I have LOTS of redcoats!

Blue figs before the guards. Always, they're navy men while the guards are marines, and what's better than marines? Navy men. Ain't nothing going to beat that. :-P

They're naval officers while the redcoats are marines. I still prefer naval officers though.

Edited by Hairy Ruben

Going to have to vote for the Guards, simply because of the whole British thing.

On me the Empire! Redcoats ofcourse... though I have equal numbers of both.

Would now be a good time to throw a spanner into the works and advocate my imperial greens :-P

Imperial Gaurds all the way! I really like both, but the Imperial Gaurds remind me of Britain, and Imperialism, The Honourable East India Company, the conquer of the east, "PWNING" the Spanish in the Caribbean, and other British-y things. Plus, the IS look a little to "French-ish" for my taste..\

Also, for those refernces threads, you forgot mine:My thread

Imperial Guards since I am a British Red Coat!

March On Troops

Heres the British March from oo7s Tavern

Nice one oo7

Good to see all us descreet redcoats are finally rallying here... this forum has been way too dominated by the continentals (both sides of the Atlantic), time to remind all these blues who really runs the show. :-P

I definitely prefer Red Coats as they were introduced around the time i got into Pirate Lego and I prefer Red way over Blue (Manchester United supporter X-D )