tkatt

MOD: Blue Grocer

It seems great minds may think alike :wink: .

I have a sand blue grocer done too! I just need to get pictures of mine. I need to finish my first floor shop before I get pictures though.

Mine is a little different though since I altered the size of the front area with the curved windows.

But I also used regular green for the awning and dark green for the curtains. Funny how that is.

A while ago I bricklinked a blue grocer too thinking I would never get a real one. However, I was lucky enough to get a real one a couple of months ago but after building it I couldn't bring myself to dismantle the blue grocer that had taken me many months and BL orders to complete so now they both have a place on my street.

The photo shows both together and you can see where I have made a few changes to hide the fact that I couldn't economically get a few of the parts e.g. the 1x4 tiles around the main door.

14697864867_216e200bfc_z.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/107549298@N08/14697864867/

These look amazing :wub:

I placed a number of Bricklink orders today, so unless I forgot something or miscalculated one of the many brick replacements I undertook, I'll soon have on of my own. Hope the bricklink orders get here fast, I look forward to building this very much. I'll also put some more interior in the upstairs rooms, but I'll just use bricks left over from the Pet Shop I sacrificed for this.

Little fun fact: I also ordered green bows instead of blue ones for the store's canopy, just like you guys did :laugh: . The blue ones are ridiculously expensive, and the green gives a much nicer contrast anyway.

Ivan001 - Interesting seeing them side by side. I don't think I've seen that before. It is interesting in that picture how bright the sand blue is. It really pops. I love how mine looks. Since you have 2 grocers now, you could/should mirror build one and place it elsewhere in the line-up. That way they won't clash with each other? Just a thought.

Roger_Smith - Is that an American Dad reference or is that your name? :classic: And welcome to the club of having a sand blue grocer. It really is a sight to behold.

Roger_Smith - Is that an American Dad reference or is that your name? :classic: And welcome to the club of having a sand blue grocer. It really is a sight to behold.

Still waiting for the parts, but soon :laugh:

You guessed correct, my screenname is an American Dad reference.

A while ago I bricklinked a blue grocer too thinking I would never get a real one. However, I was lucky enough to get a real one a couple of months ago but after building it I couldn't bring myself to dismantle the blue grocer that had taken me many months and BL orders to complete so now they both have a place on my street.

The photo shows both together and you can see where I have made a few changes to hide the fact that I couldn't economically get a few of the parts e.g. the 1x4 tiles around the main door.

14697864867_216e200bfc_z.jpg

https://www.flickr.c...08/14697864867/

They look great side by side.

I prefer the bluegrocer - great work! Do you had an LDD file of the mods you made, or just did them as you built/collected parts?

I decided on most of the changes as I was collecting the parts. I didn't keep any real record of the mods, just a part list I printed from Brickset with a bunch of tally marks on it.

They look great side by side.

It would be cool if you reversed the blue one so that the bay window is on the left hand side. This is more often how these buildings are done when there is more than one in a row on the same street.

Wow, the Sand Blue looks really nice. I am about to brinklink myself a Green Grocer and I think I'll go for the blue as well. Thanks for sharing!

Looks better than its green companion. I love the way the Joker has infiltrated Lego City, but no need to worry because there is a Ninja Turtle ready to stop him. Its one heck of a great crossover.

Joker Brand Products! Where you get a grin, again, and again. I like the comparison of the two colors and it does look good in blue. Might have to build this one some day.