Rail Co

A MOC I found That You guys should see!

Hey Guys I found This MOC Someone Made under name of "camlegofun" who made a great simple Lighted signal! I was unable to get the picture but you can see his/her work at LEGOIdeas: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/71391

Maybe we can make this become a reality?

Just thought it would be good to share it, Rail Co

Update: He has updated the page explaining it better and even a V2 design.

Edited by Rail Co

It would be great if he had more examples. Perhaps I'm unfamiliar with the interface but does he have just the one signal photo? I apologize but the ideas he describes are much more exciting than the first picture that came up. Visually, it seems really boring to me.

I am working on a different concept:

- a simple microcontroller in the signal

- a simple reedswitch

When the train is detected the signal goes to red and after some time it will go back to green again.

I am close to having this ready to release as a commercial product through my company, brickstuff.com. Please contact me through the website if you are interested. I agree it is time to have our signals light up!

He is My friend who is younger than 18 who needed me to post this for people to see! So if you guys have ANY suggestions I can shoot him and email or text him!

good info,I apologize but the ideas he describes are much more exciting than the first picture that came up. Visually, it seems really boring to me.thanks13.gif

It would be great if he had more examples. Perhaps I'm unfamiliar with the interface but does he have just the one signal photo? I apologize but the ideas he describes are much more exciting than the first picture that came up. Visually, it seems really boring to me.

If you guys could let me know of any suggestions i am sure he can change it if I contact him!

Like many, I too had attempted the same thing in the past and found the 3mm two color LEDs fit perfectly in the lego stud holes.

I am working on a different concept:

- a simple microcontroller in the signal

- a simple reedswitch

When the train is detected the signal goes to red and after some time it will go back to green again.

I am close to having this ready to release as a commercial product through my company, brickstuff.com. Please contact me through the website if you are interested. I agree it is time to have our signals light up!

All of this sounds like great ideas and I look forward to seeing more in future posts. If you are making this for the masses definitely keep the user interface simple, while allowing the user to select the duration of the red time (so that it works on both larger and smaller layouts).

my package from China is 'in transit' using DHL so hope to get some results soon.

Update: He has updated the page explaining it better and even a V2 design.

on behalf of "camlegofun" Thanks