Sign in to follow this  
The Joker1

Should we have a Suffolk brick show?

Hi guys, Was just reading the Ipswich (Queensland) brick event page and i noticed multiple disappointing comments from people thinking it was the Ipswich in Suffolk. So to cut a long story short would there be enough interest to have a Lego event in Suffolk. I am personally from bury st edmunds and know of several people who would partake in one around here. If anyone has any opinions or ideas please do post them, Who knows , this could be the start of a Suffolk Lego show that could take the AFOL world by storm. :grin:

I'd go but couldn't contribute anything. (Almost) All my Lego is in a storage unit in Canberra.

My UK Lego collection consists of the Parisian Restaurant, the Ghostbusters set (awaiting assembly), the yellow racing car creator set (ditto), a brick calendar, a set of Simpsons minifigs, the panda bear minifig from the Movie series, a balloon seller polybag and a handful of other random minifigs. I almost bought a yellow cargo train mega pack when I was in Amsterdam, which was great value at 169 Euro but had other cities to visit and didn't want to be lugging a massive box of Lego around with me.

:classic: :classic:

Edited by AussieJimbo

If you do hold one, make it the same weekend as ours next year, to really cause confusion.

Then maybe we could set up webcams and stream live to each other's shows. Though with the time difference, we'll probably just be looking at empty halls most of the day.

You really should get together with your fellow AFOLs and put on an event though, they really are great to do.

...If you do hold one, make it the same weekend as ours next year, to really cause confusion.

Then maybe we could set up webcams and stream live to each other's shows. Though with the time difference, we'll probably just be looking at empty halls most of the day...

Lol :classic:

Hi guys, Was just reading the Ipswich (Queensland) brick event page and i noticed multiple disappointing comments from people thinking it was the Ipswich in Suffolk. So to cut a long story short would there be enough interest to have a Lego event in Suffolk. I am personally from bury st edmunds and know of several people who would partake in one around here. If anyone has any opinions or ideas please do post them, Who knows , this could be the start of a Suffolk Lego show that could take the AFOL world by storm. :grin:

Yep. I'm most definitely in :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Don't know if I could contribute much though. I have an electric wheelchair, I could direct parking! :classic::classic::classic:

Edited by grum64