Bennemans

MOD - Petshop

A few days ago I asked the question "rebrick the modulars or keep them intact?" ( http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=97514 ) because I was in doubt wether to rebuild my store-bought Modulars to fit better with my existing MOCs, and I wanted to know what you guys do. The responses really pushed me to a decision; don't like it? change it!

The Petshop is my first victim; I really hated the insanely sparse interior (seriously? No bathroom? No living room even? No counterspace in the kitchen? And that freakin' tiny bed??) and that strange half wall in the shop (why have a front door if you can just jump into the shop from the stairs??)

I've decided to try to use as much of the original bricks as possible, so I could easily dismantle the whole thing again and rebuild the original. Also I wanted to keep the look and feel the same as the original.

Here's my result:

XJHAv37.jpg

The Petshop is better stocked; in the back to the right (under the stairs) are the animal pens. Terraria and aquaria are behind the counter, and the shelves are stuffed with food, birdhouses, toys etc.

kzdgMXF.jpg

There finally is a living room! And the kitchen has counterspace! Holy canoli!

QG4ZcyM.jpg

I've added an extra floor, there were just enough of those sand blue slotted pieces hidden through the original to make the facade!

I gave this floor a small teen-girl's room with desk and wardrobe (finally had a reason to use that dark purple train window I got in a batch of secondhand bricks! Glad I saved it), and a compact bathroom.

IEfE4jh.jpg

The master bedroom is on the top floor; this bed is way bigger than the original, and can actually fit not one, but even two minifigs! There's a washing machine on the landing.

soOzRVE.jpg

Another overview:

dyJR6yM.jpg

evxEQ9F.jpg

I will tile the inner edges of the walls as well when I get some cheap ones from BL.

As you might notice, my buildings don't have a 'functional' back (no windows, doors, etc), this is because in my setup the buildings stand back to back.

Thanks to everybody for giving me the push I needed to just go with my feelings!

Cool Mods! With that additional level and your builds you've managed to get so much more than normal.

I like it!

They are some modifications.......one could say MOC too, nice exterior and nice interior.....overall nice. :wink:

That style of washing machine I have seen before......ah, yes mine from 2011 hardware/electrical store :grin:

Keep up the great work and Brick On 'Bennemans' ! :grin:

Love your use of space with so much detail. Washer is nice; furniture looks great, too. Extra stuff in the shop is good because the original was just too sparse.

Way to go!

Love what you did with the interior, especially the kitchen and the main bedroom!

I really like the interior!! The washing machine outside the building would be a bad idea in the rather wet Netherlands.... it would rust away within a year or so... :laugh:

I really like the interior!! The washing machine outside the building would be a bad idea in the rather wet Netherlands.... it would rust away within a year or so... :laugh:

… The washing machine isn't outside? It's on the landing… (op de overloop)

… The washing machine isn't outside? It's on the landing… (op de overloop)

Maybe some pictures of the upper floor / roof would make it more easy to see how it is situated....?? I'm happy to see that the washing machine will last a bit longer than only one year... :sweet:

Maybe some pictures of the upper floor / roof would make it more easy to see how it is situated....?? I'm happy to see that the washing machine will last a bit longer than only one year... :sweet:

There you go :wink: :

jKgp75p.jpg

Well done! Good call in modifying instead of not using the features at all.

I really like the new Pets signage. Being centered really helps the design. The non-functional back adds a lot to what you can do with a design since you don't have to worry about pesky doors/windows.

I stick with the official height, so personally I don't add the extra layer, but it works that you do. I like the extra room available.

I like your new design. I've pondered the same thing as you, so it's really neat to see what you came up with. The tilting roof was a great idea!

So many nice details in this building, It looks so good! I especially like the washing machine and the extra bedroom.

Brilliant work on the interiors. Have the Pet shop myself. Wouldnt have dreamt of doing it this way. Very well done !

Love the washing machine (using the toilet seat i see :wink: )

Additional bathroom would be my next favourite and then finally the pink girls room...

Excellent stuff

This looks really great, and has been the direction I've been taking my modulars as well. I really like how many different rooms you added to really flesh out the house.