Thanks

It seems i have a gap in my tire portfolio

Part of set 8041, one of the worst Technic sets ever IMO. Nice tires though.

A TLG-style masterpiece :thumbup:

BTW, have you considered trying some vehicle with more functions (like construction machines)?

Everything about this model is right on par with what you would see come from from an official Lego designer.. There are only a few people on this planet that could produce something like this... You have my complete respect.. I could never build anything like this...

I think you are selling yourself a bit short. :laugh: That new car that you built is pretty amazing and on another level itself.

Thank you all! And yes, I need axles 4.5L with stop and thicker tires. :wink:

If I had 19L soft axles in black, I would build another Vette in black!

You have no idea how tempted I am to buy those 4 black ones on bricklink to build this beauty in black.

You have no idea how tempted I am to buy those 4 black ones on bricklink to build this beauty in black.

Too late :laugh:

Great MOC Madoca, outstanding job! Have put this MOC on my to build list too... :thumbup::laugh:

This is the best LEGO Technic Corvette ever!!! I will be building this one. Thanks for posting on Rebrickable.

Absolutely beautiful Madoca. Fantastic model of a very difficult and ambitious subject. I love it

Black Tire 56 x 28 ZR Street :wink:

http://www.bricklink...tem.asp?P=41897

I got these tires from the set 8041. They are proper to my mid scale cars. But BrickLink taught me that they are not common in recent years... :cry_sad:Thicker tire (62.4 x 20) would be accurate, but it requires me to build larger scale model.

It was the birth of this MOC when I found that LBG axles fit to the chrome front bumper of Corvette C3. Subsequent WIP pictures are as below. :classic:

002%20(550x310).jpg

001%20(550x310).jpg

002%20(550x310)%20(1).jpg

And the final version.

017%20(640x360).jpg

Edited by Madoca 1977

Madoca: I'm going to build it in black, got all the parts for it. Will snap a pic when I'm done.

This may be the first moc I make myself. However, 1 of the main parts I do not own is the rechargeable battery box. Would the 88000 AAA battery box be able to handle the car? I was also thinking of making it non rc with a fake motor and transmission.

This may be the first moc I make myself. However, 1 of the main parts I do not own is the rechargeable battery box. Would the 88000 AAA battery box be able to handle the car? I was also thinking of making it non rc with a fake motor and transmission.

It doesn't matter if you use the rechargable one or the AAA battery one. They are both the same (except that the rechargable one is of course rechargable and it has a speed switch). But, the only thing that matters is the size and they have both the same size.

I always use the AAA one instead of the rechargeable one when I build someone's moc, because it's cheaper :wink:

Isn't it a problem that the front wheels steer a little to the sides when the servo is in neutral position?

Anyway this looks stunning. When I see you posted a new MOC, I check immediately, because I know the quality will be exceptional. I envy your building skill, grats!

I've just finished the chassis and about to start the bodywork and I can already tell this is another masterpiece. I take my hat off to you, Madoca, you're a damn fine Lego Technic engineer.

Oh, and it's going to look real purty in black :blush::wub:

Edited by jantjeuh

Speaking of battery packs -- would it take much work to get an 8881 pack in there while still keeping most of the shape of the boot? Just picking up some last few pieces before starting this build :)

Speaking of battery packs -- would it take much work to get an 8881 pack in there while still keeping most of the shape of the boot? Just picking up some last few pieces before starting this build :)

8881 definitely would not fit.

Just noticed the impossible #3 red connectors. So, if I were to build this in black, any impossible parts besides the 19l black hose, soft axle? Thanks

Just noticed the impossible #3 red connectors. So, if I were to build this in black, any impossible parts besides the 19l black hose, soft axle? Thanks

Not really, though if you want to go black all the way like I'm doing now, you will also need black axle pins, 3L pins, and various black axles of odd length. I'm also making the upholstery tan to improve the contrast, which also requires several rare pieces. White would be a cheaper option for that. I will post an in-progress picture soon.

cheers. Ended up ordering up a rechargeable pack anyway, about time :)

They're pricy but well worth it IMO. I've got two of them now.

Edited by jantjeuh

I am still missing a few parts needed to complete the body work, mostly the new 3l pins with axles. This is an epic build I would recommend anyone building!

Only major change I have made is replacing the clutch 24t gears with regular 24t gears. Not much jerking in the drive, but now I can drive it on carpet.

Thank you for a great moc and instructions! It was more of a challenge than 1 piece at a time, and I loved every minute of it.

Glenn