199 members have voted

1. 1. How Do You Rate This Set?

Also available again in NL. My order from august 5 is still in backorder, but today the exo suit went from sold out to expected delivery. Just ordered another one and tomorrow Ill give cs a call to combine the orders. If I need to ask something let me know.

Thats great. Cant even find it on the uk site. No hope of getting it at a decent price. Complete balls up from them about the whole thing. Why did they even bother with all the marketing for it and massive hype build up? It was always going to sell with such a limited run they would have had no problem selling them all with minimal build up/marketing. Instead they make so much hype which rubs it in the face of those that cant get one. Lovely.

Thats great. Cant even find it on the uk site. No hope of getting it at a decent price. Complete balls up from them about the whole thing. Why did they even bother with all the marketing for it and massive hype build up? It was always going to sell with such a limited run they would have had no problem selling them all with minimal build up/marketing. Instead they make so much hype which rubs it in the face of those that cant get one. Lovely.

As far as I know, it isn't a limited run. I think it was said on Brother Brick.

Maybe it was different in your market but I didn't see any hype at all from LEGO, even on Shop at Home. Also, I don't think LEGO ever said it was a limited one-time run, officially or unofficially. The only place I heard that was from one of The Brick Show videos, and it obviously turned out to not be true since there will be more.

Edited by m0dulo

I should have bought a set when I posted they were back on S@H in the US. That's what I get for hesitating.

I'm now checking the site a few times a day with my credit card in hand. :sweet:

I don't think LEGO ever said it was a limited one-time run, officially or unofficially. The only place I heard that was from one of The Brick Show videos, and it obviously turned out to not be true since there will be more.

It was a lot of rumor-mongering from scalpers and pessimists in my opinion. From what I recall, the basis of the limited run talk was that Mark Stafford, designer of the set(from TLG's end) said on Reddit it was going to be a single run. Subsequently he said runs can be as small as 10,000 sets. From this people conflated the two separate factoids into one: it was to be a single 10,000 set run. Panic ensued.

Later I read that all the Cuusoo/LEGO Ideas sets started as a single run, and it would make sense that they do this as opposed to the multiple production runs of more popular mass retail sets like Star Wars, Marvel etc. Even if the Cuusoo/LEGO Ideas sets sell well, they are limited to online and limited brick & mortar release so it wouldn't take as many sets to stock the shelves. That may be hard to see in light of the sell-outs of the Exo-Suit but let's see where we are in six months regarding availability of that set. I recall several Cuusoo sets sold out initially and are easily available today(along with a couple that are not).

Picked up the Exo Suit (finally) yesterday at the Mall of America LEGO Store. They had around 20, but they kept restocking it while I was in there so there had to be more.

Just to show that it isn't completely gone yet. :classic:

EDIT: Went back again today and they still had a lot!

-Sci

Edited by CM4Sci

Try calling your nearest lego store, Just bought one from the Milton Keynes store, they had 2 but they were only letting people buy one each.

Picked up the Exo Suit (finally) yesterday at the Mall of America LEGO Store. They had around 20, but I they kept restocking it while I was in there so there had to be more.

Just to show that it isn't completely gone yet. :classic:

-Sci

Thanks for the tip, CM4Sci! Went to MoA tonight and got my own! :)

Finished the build just now....a great building experience. Well the build is like if you are building a Technic set....

Little disappointed with some parts that they feel loose while attaching!

Overall, nice set and I am glad to have it!

Cheers! and wish those who still didnt get it to get it soon!

Edited by VintageLegoEra

The lego exo suit is still available at the Lego Store in Vienna Donau Centrum..

It seems no one is buying them, but still they limit it to one Exo suit per customer.

I bought one yesterday, then today I got an email from S@H that my online order of 2 exosuits were finally shipped!

20140825_112558_zps5ad3570d.jpg

Edited by CisFran

No stickers at all - FINALY, FINALY, FINALYYYYYY!!! :grin:

Being really happy having new neo classic minifig in new color of green (so now we have 6 classic space mimifig colors, yayks! :sweet: ) with our lovely gold planet logo on it (ehm, is it still gold, right??? :look: ) - if for anything else I like this set for this fact alone, really... :grin::tongue::devil:

The lego exo suit is still available at the Lego Store in Vienna Donau Centrum..

It seems no one is buying them, but still they limit it to one Exo suit per customer.

I bought one yesterday, then today I got an email from S@H that my online order of 2 exosuits were finally shipped!

Can you tell how much it costs down there in Vienna? I could go there - it is pretty close from here near borders - to buy one if it is for a reasonable price...like <= 30€+/-

Edited by bublible

Finally got my Exo Suit today, in my opinion its the BEST Space set LEGO have produced in at least 2 decades (the Spaceship Spaceship SPACESHIP! doesn't count in my book because its a LEGO Movie set and not a Space set but the Exo Suit is clearly a Space set through and through)

Its certainly got the most detailing of any Space set I can think of (and the only parts in the set that are anywhere near "large" are the 8x8 plate and the brick separator, the rest are all very small and cool.

Its also the only Ideas set to date with no real-world prototype to match to (the research lab is a replica of real-world objects like the T-Rex skeleton so it doesn't really count)

It's a lovely set indeed.

I ordered one along with the Research Institute and the Ectomobile on August 1st - all three of the most recent CUUSOO / Ideas sets at once, the same day the last two were released. I actually checked out the site early that morning and started putting my order together but didn't pull the trigger right away; at that time, both the new sets were limited to two per person / order, and I was trying to decide whether to buy additional copies, which I'd really like but ultimately decided I couldn't afford right away. When I checked out the site again a little while later, the limit had gone down to one of each. I took the hint and bought my sets then, and by that time they already had stuff on backorder... so that my three sets (actually four, with the free promo mini Mini Cooper) came in three shipments. But I got them all, and they're all great.

The Exo-Suit turned out to be quite an impressive build. The posability of the legs is pretty amazing - they're actually kind of tough to find a perfect "default" standing position for, given the range of movement. The arms aren't quite so extreme, and given how flexible the legs are, I'm a little surprised they don't straighten out at the elbows, but they're plenty posable all the same. I might mod mine to be able to straighten out, though. I definitely do notice the relative looseness of those shoulder greeblies as well, but they're not a deal killer or anything like that.

I love, love, *LOVE* the classic spacefolk in green. Like many of us I have a deep and abiding passion for classic Space, and green has always been my favorite color, so including even one them here is a dream come true; having two in the set seems an embarrassment of riches. I don't know if I'll be able to get another, but I'd dearly love to have a whole bunch more.

What an awesome set, all told. I also just received the classic spaceman set with a later order, and put it together with the Exo-Suit, and the three spacepeople , two robots, platform o' canisters and giant mech look great together. I do get the observation that the mech itself actually deviates quite a bit from the aesthetic of actual historic CS sets, what with the insane greebling and the paucity of the classic secondary colors blue and trans-yellow, but it's still lovely to have. I'll probably try to rebuild it with a stronger CS vibe sometime, but I also love it as-is. And what a crazy awesome parts pack! I'd love more just for the bits...

Edited by Blondie-Wan

So when in the world is S@H going to have the Exo Suit in stock again? I have VIP points and a free shipping card for it, so I don't want to buy it anywhere else. It's been out of stock for a really long time.

I got mine and a LOVE it. I will say that while it's sturdy for posing once built, one of the trickier parts of the build is finding places to hold onto while you're putting some piece or other into a clip, and I kept knocking off little greebles. Doesn't bother me because you just put them back on and, oh em gee, neo-Classic Space LEGO! Might be frustrating for a kid though.

One thing that bothers me about the final product, would be the ball joints. Occasionally there is too much weight on some action poses and then when you release the suit, it just collapses. However, other than this I have had no problems with the set. I currently display it with my Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP!!!.

These are coming back to Lego stores. Just found maybe 12 at the local store. It is limit one per family, though.