199 members have voted

1. 1. How Do You Rate This Set?

The 3L bar did the trick, those pieces aren't going any where now.

Really fun set. The more I play with it the more I want to customize it. Different arm attachments, maybe add some color. I think a blue torso with a trans yellow windscreen would look awesome.

Fed-Ex are taking their sweet time getting mine to me. I submitted my order at 12 AM Pacific time 1 Aug, and in the last four days, the package has only moved from the Olive Branch sorting facility to Southaven, a town about 30 minutes away, and is due to be delivered here in Spokane, WA on Thursday, according to the tracking feature.

Fed-Ex- Moving at the speed of smell! :)

Really fun set. The more I play with it the more I want to customize it. Different arm attachments, maybe add some color. I think a blue torso with a trans yellow windscreen would look awesome.

yeah that was a really weak part cant believe it past testing should have had the bar to start with

yeah that was a really weak part cant believe it past testing should have had the bar to start with

When building it this morning I was really surprised. I don't understand how that passed the quality test. :sceptic:

The robot in the promotionnal classic white spaceman has a 3L bar!

I reckon because the 3L bar is of Chinese origin, and the whole set is made in Europe and Mexico, it wasn't put into the set because it may have bumped up the price a little more.

I received mine today, and the box looks pretty cool, but I can't open it until my birthday. I'm just happy to know I got one before it sold out.

Edited by Captain Settle

My Lego store had five left with a limit of one per family. Of course I picked one up. I love it so much! Great build, it looks fantastic, great poseability... I don't have any 3L grey bars though. Trans red and brown will have to do for now.

Great, great set.

I'm regretting my hesitation the other night when the website was going through all the problems. I'm jealous of you all. I'm hoping this means a second run in time for my Tumbler purchase on September 1 in order to get the exo-suit and free shipping.

...mine is on backorder per my order history under my Lego account online.

Now I am getting nervous - the website now says temporaily sold out and I ordered it the morning of August 2nd. If I miss this set, I'm going cry...I really want this thing.

I reckon because the 3L bar is of Chinese origin, and the whole set is made in Europe and Mexico, it wasn't put into the set because it may have bumped up the price a little more.

Actually there was a posting somewhere that indicated that the issue there is the classic robot arms. The test builds were all fine, but the production ones don't have quite the same clutch power. At some point After they made the ExoSuit they ended up having to replace the original 30 year old mold for that part.

Actually there was a posting somewhere that indicated that the issue there is the classic robot arms. The test builds were all fine, but the production ones don't have quite the same clutch power. At some point After they made the ExoSuit they ended up having to replace the original 30 year old mold for that part.

So if you were to put them in, they'd be a bit loose, or too tight?

Haven't gotten mine yet, but it's listed as shipped! :)

Just got mine, 1 day ahead of FedEx's estimate. I now need to order a couple of 3L light bluish gray bars to fix those feeble shoulder greebles.

Just got mine, 1 day ahead of FedEx's estimate. I now need to order a couple of 3L light bluish gray bars to fix those feeble shoulder greebles.

Feeble greebles. Niiice.

SHIPPED!

If you had an estimate of August 15th like I did, yours might be on it's way to you already!

In the Netherlands the status changed from 'expected september 11th', to sold out. Strange, because today I read they will be doing more production runs.

Yes been on holiday a week and uk site says the same, sure it said last week when I looked on my phone available sep...

Come on TLG sort it out, no point having ideas system if you mess up the launch! ;-)

In the Netherlands the status changed from 'expected september 11th', to sold out. Strange, because today I read they will be doing more production runs.

sold out in uk not a good sign are they really making more or just covering what they have sold already, still had them in Milton Keynes yesterday

Got around to building mine today, pretty cool little build. Fits right in with the old stuff, imo.

So if you were to put them in, they'd be a bit loose, or too tight?

Haven't gotten mine yet, but it's listed as shipped! :)

The stud receiver side of the arms clutches a little too loose. You can also see the same issue, just not as bad, with the small robots in Benny's ssS. The mold problem apparently got worse in the exo suit. After the Exosuit they had to retire the mold and had a new one made. This was apparently the original 30+ year old classic space robot arm mold that finally wore out. somehow it seems rather fitting for its last run to be the ExoSuit.

The stud receiver side of the arms clutches a little too loose. You can also see the same issue, just not as bad, with the small robots in Benny's ssS. The mold problem apparently got worse in the exo suit. After the Exosuit they had to retire the mold and had a new one made. This was apparently the original 30+ year old classic space robot arm mold that finally wore out. somehow it seems rather fitting for its last run to be the ExoSuit.

Sounds very credible - how do you get this kind of info?