199 members have voted

1. 1. How Do You Rate This Set?

Ordered my 2 Exo suits yesterday and got the package TODAY! :grin:

Whoaaa what? That was fast!

Ordered mine yesterday, and the tracking says that it's estimated to be delivered today.

Very interesting....

Lego S&H delivery times are very fast since they opened a new hub last year in Zwolle NL. New sets are usually deliverd the next day, at least that has been my experience with my last few orders...

I demand pics of an Exo-Suit carrying new lengths of track to expand or repair your monorail! :grin:

Well since you asked so nicely. :wink:

14626063158_bb38110d7a_o.jpgExo-suit Monorail Lifter

I was going to get 2 of these but the local Lego store had a limit of one per household. If it is actually that much in demand TLC would be dumb not to do another production run.

I am kind of dissappointed with the joints though. (I knew I would be) Those crappy bionicle ball and socket joints haven't gotten any better. The slightest bump and they flop right over. Useless for actually playing with. Give me some old school turntable sliding legs that I can actually make walk like 6882 over those. Sure it looks better the way it is but I prefer fucntion over form everytime. As a static display model I still think the exo-suit looks awesome though.

I just wish they had limited it to one per customer on the online shop, wouldn't have sold so fast and would have given more people a chance to get one.

Well since you asked so nicely. :wink:

That picture has made me a lot more excited for this set. Thanks! Now all I need is for my order to turn from being processed to actually being shipped.

I am kind of dissappointed with the joints though. (I knew I would be) Those crappy bionicle ball and socket joints haven't gotten any better. The slightest bump and they flop right over. Useless for actually playing with. Give me some old school turntable sliding legs that I can actually make walk like 6882 over those. Sure it looks better the way it is but I prefer fucntion over form everytime. As a static display model I still think the exo-suit looks awesome though.

As a longtime user of Bionicle, I would guess that you just didn't get very lucky with your parts. The tolerance for error in the Bionicle joints is a little problematic sometimes, so while some of them stick very well, others don't.

I thought these are the newer Hero Factory type ball and sockets, that have a pretty solid amount of friction and hold poses well? They've used them in most of the other Space and Action Mecha with no real issues? The two GS mechs, the Samurai mech etc?

Some of the joint pieces might be new, HF ones, but a few are Creator additions (the ones with studs) while the rest have been around since early-to-mid-era Bionicle series.

Mine shipped today and the estimated delivery is for tomorrow. I find that quite strange as I ordered a much smaller set last month and it took 5 days to arrive.

Mine arrived yesterday, built it this morning. Great model, but has anyone else found the connection at the wrist, to the end of the barrel, to be really loose? It kinda surprised me as I thought the barrel was used to make the arm sturdier.

I think it's a fantastic model but I don't get a "classic space" feeling, except for the astronauts ofcourse... They look quite nice.

Mine arrived yesterday, built it this morning. Great model, but has anyone else found the connection at the wrist, to the end of the barrel, to be really loose? It kinda surprised me as I thought the barrel was used to make the arm sturdier.

One of the wrists on mine was loose. I moved a few identical parts around and got a good match though. What I think should and could have been better is the greebling at the shoulders and shins. Whenever I move the arms, I worry that those pieces are going to come apart (because they usually do).

Edited by m0dulo

What I think should and could have been better is the greebling at the shoulders and shins. Whenever I move the arms, I worry that those pieces are going to come apart (because they usually do).

Yeah the shoulders greebling especially is unbelievably loose. I think putting a 3L bar through the end will fix it, though.

Classic space was either blue/light grey/ trans-yellow, like the Galaxy Explorer; or just light grey, like the little mobile missile launcher, the tiny shuttles, and the one seater moon buggies. The Exo-Suit fits in perfectly with the latter.

Not really, since the exosuit has dark bley parts. Next to those sets, it would look like made of various bits of scrap metal. Not to mention its much more heavily greebled, which might add to the scrap metal look compared to the sleeker, simpler lines of these sets, but that but be chalked up to a more modern take on the theme.