I'd like to receive one UoP credit for manufacturing [Trade and Law].

Mattiusxavier suggested that I build a MOC showing maple syrup being made, I thought it was a great idea (my family actually makes our own Maple Syrup every year) and after finishing some other builds was able to make this. The process of making Maple Syrup is pretty simple, in the later winter/early spring you tap Maple trees and hang buckets to collect their sap. Then that sap is gathered and heated to evaporate much of the water from the sap and make syrup. There is a full interior in the cabin.

Sugaring season is always a pleasant time in Mitgardia: whole families work together to tap the Maple trees and then gather the sap and boil it to make the delicous syrup that is commonly used for flavoring.

overview-67.jpg

left.JPG

right.JPG

back.JPG

fire2.JPG

i.JPG

Any Comments/Criticism welcome :classic:

Edited by soccerkid6

I love maple syrup - we get ours from a neighbor who taps the trees along our road.

Nice build (as per usual) - I'm really liking the tree design (though they look like they would fit nicely in Nocturnus too).

Great little buid SK, really like the way you did the roof, the irregular base, and the log cabin. My only nitpicks would be the door doesn't quite stand out enough, and the tree trunks are a little large for the rest of the tree (but since you had to stick a technic pin in there, I can understand that).

+1 on the UoP credit!

Edited by Kai NRG

Great work, I like how you put snow on the trees, as well as the smoke emitting from the chimney

I love the log-work for the cabin and the taps in the trees! Great job!

Nice civilian build SK. I really like the slight droop in the roof's peak and the seamless integration of the chimney. :thumbup:

That's a pretty drafty cabin too!

Yeah, more "log" bricks and fewer cylinders would go a long way IMHO. It's pretty chilly up in the north! :laugh:

Excellent late-winter atmosphere you've achieved here! This reminds me of when I was living in Canada for a while and visited a maple syrup producing farm :classic:

The trees are also really nice, as well as the design of the cottage (I especially like the corners).

UoP +1 for manufacturing [Trade and Law].

Awesome build, SK, great job with the irregular base, trees and path :sweet:

Excellent cabin as well, especially the roof and chimney; I also like the taps in the trees :thumbup:

I have to say, it took me a long time to find the door though :grin:

Excellent build here!

What I really like is the irregular base, you should do them more often, because a base like that works really well and looks great.

The hut is also well built, that technique you have used looks quite interesting and it is something I might try someday too.

The textures of the ground are also well done, I like that you have mixed plates with studs and tiles and the little path that leads to the hut is also nice to look at.

Wow, so much detail in this wonderful scene SK! I love the subtle but very effective slope to the roof as well as the nicely detailed landscaping. The technique you used where the timber sections meet up is nicely done. Those trees are great and I agree, don't be surprised if you see some of these pop up in Nocturnus!

Nice scene! The remained snow on the trees look good. I don't know anything about maple syrup, so I thought I will see trees in the summertime, but if that's the way it's done, so it is.

I love maple syrup - we get ours from a neighbor who taps the trees along our road.

Nice build (as per usual) - I'm really liking the tree design (though they look like they would fit nicely in Nocturnus too).

Thanks Emma!

Great little buid SK, really like the way you did the roof, the irregular base, and the log cabin. My only nitpicks would be the door doesn't quite stand out enough, and the tree trunks are a little large for the rest of the tree (but since you had to stick a technic pin in there, I can understand that).

+1 on the UoP credit!

Thanks Kai, I almost did just normal bricks for the door to make it stand out more but ended up going with the log bricks :classic:

Awesome! A familiar scene here in Canada, eh? :laugh:

Thanks, and I would think so :classic:

UoP DoH +1

Thank you :classic:

Awesome build! Love the hut, especially the roof, and the irregular base.

Thanks LV, glad you like the roof :classic:

Great work, I like how you put snow on the trees, as well as the smoke emitting from the chimney

Thank you, I thought the clips for snow might look too square, but they worked pretty well :classic:

Nice! I really like the irregular base. That's a pretty drafty cabin too!

Thanks Carson, and this cabin is only drafty because whoever was supposed to fill the gaps with mud didn't do a very good job :wink:

I love the log-work for the cabin and the taps in the trees! Great job!

Thanks MKJ :classic:

Nice civilian build SK. I really like the slight droop in the roof's peak and the seamless integration of the chimney. :thumbup:

Yeah, more "log" bricks and fewer cylinders would go a long way IMHO. It's pretty chilly up in the north! :laugh:

Thanks mrcp6d, happy to hear that you noticed the sag in the roof. As far as log bricks vs bricks rounds, I like the texture of bricks rounds, I think it matches the real cabins better. Of course when they built real log cabins they stuffed mud in all the gaps...

Excellent late-winter atmosphere you've achieved here! This reminds me of when I was living in Canada for a while and visited a maple syrup producing farm :classic:

The trees are also really nice, as well as the design of the cottage (I especially like the corners).

Thanks Gideon!

Awesome build, SK, great job with the irregular base, trees and path :sweet:

Excellent cabin as well, especially the roof and chimney; I also like the taps in the trees :thumbup:

I have to say, it took me a long time to find the door though :grin:

Thanks Garmadon :classic:

Excellent build here!

What I really like is the irregular base, you should do them more often, because a base like that works really well and looks great.

The hut is also well built, that technique you have used looks quite interesting and it is something I might try someday too.

The textures of the ground are also well done, I like that you have mixed plates with studs and tiles and the little path that leads to the hut is also nice to look at.

Thanks WT, I'll do more irregular bases in the future :classic:

Wow, so much detail in this wonderful scene SK! I love the subtle but very effective slope to the roof as well as the nicely detailed landscaping. The technique you used where the timber sections meet up is nicely done. Those trees are great and I agree, don't be surprised if you see some of these pop up in Nocturnus!

Thanks ME, glad you noticed the roof slope. And yeah those trees would fit well in a Nocty environment :classic:

Is it very cold, because the house is missing a wall?

I made the back wall a cut-away so you could see inside easily :classic:

Nice scene! The remained snow on the trees look good. I don't know anything about maple syrup, so I thought I will see trees in the summertime, but if that's the way it's done, so it is.

Thanks Yooha, maple syrup is made in late winter/early spring before the trees have their leaves out :classic:

Wow, this is a really fun little build, and I really like the interior! And the icy/snowy/slushy stuff on the ground is terrific. :classic:

+1 on the UoP credit!

UoP DoH +1

:thumbup: UoP +1 for Trade and Law: Manufacturing and that makes four!

Nice!I love maple syrup, there are several places around here that make it, and it is sooo delicious. I like the layout of the base, and the cabin and trees look good. Although around here trees just loose their leaves in winter, not turn black.

Do you ship to Avalonia?

Wow, this is a really fun little build, and I really like the interior! And the icy/snowy/slushy stuff on the ground is terrific. :classic:

:thumbup: UoP +1 for Trade and Law: Manufacturing and that makes four!

Thanks! I really enjoy building snowy/slushy builds, glad you like it :classic:

Wow, nice build! That log cabin turned out very nice!

Thank you :classic:

Nice!I love maple syrup, there are several places around here that make it, and it is sooo delicious. I like the layout of the base, and the cabin and trees look good. Although around here trees just loose their leaves in winter, not turn black.

Do you ship to Avalonia?

Thanks, I did the trees in black because that was the only color I had enough bars and clips in. And Mitgardia exports lots of syrup to Avalonia and the other guilds :classic:

Great little build SK, i really like the log cabin, especially the crossed-log corners and the roof. :thumbup: My only suggestion would have been to make the door a different texture or colour to make it stand out more.

UoP +1 for Manufacturing. (Trade and Law)

Those look like Black Nocturnus Fire Maples to me. Are you sure you didn't cross the border to tap those trees? Tapping another man's tree is a serious offense you know!

Inderesting colour scheme there Isaac, something different, more dark for you :) Well made scene and inderesting tree design :classic: