It's been a very productive day for me today, I've now got a small mecha (my first one actually) to show. I decided that my custom Stringer minifig needed a mech of his own (saw him getting jealous of my custom painted Nex piloting my revamped Evo Walker Turret thing :laugh: ), so I created this small mech which I call "Stringer Sonic Machine", in keeping with Stringer's typical soundwave and sonic theme. It's equipped with a sonic blaster, a sound blade and an enormous speaker on the back, to which Stringer can pump out the tunes of that one genre of music known to bring down the Beasts... teen pop :tongue: (I'm joking by the way). Here's some pics (I realise I forgot to change the dark bley lever to a black one, please ignore that):

Front:

14604852394_cebb4ee68b_z.jpg

LEGO Hero Factory MOC - Stringer Sonic Machine (1) by TheOneVeyronian, on Flickr

Back:

14420465997_543897f1dc_z.jpg

LEGO Hero Factory MOC - Stringer Sonic Machine (2) by TheOneVeyronian, on Flickr

Pose:

14420224710_c81a8d38fb_z.jpg

LEGO Hero Factory MOC - Stringer Sonic Machine (3) by TheOneVeyronian, on Flickr

I couldn't quite work out if this little mech would be better with or without a windscreen: what do you think?

14420259088_3764091b60_z.jpg

LEGO Hero Factory MOC - Stringer Sonic Machine (4) by TheOneVeyronian, on Flickr

One thing that irritates me is that I was forced to use orange in this MOC... I wish those seats were blue at the very least to match Stringer's colour scheme :hmpf_bad: But otherwise, that's all for now. Hope you enjoyed looking at this MOC! :grin:

Looks pretty good, though the thin lower arms and legs are a bit jarring. Personal preference, I guess.

And actually, the orange seat is okay with me considering Stringer's 1.0 form (and 3.0 form, for that matter) had orange. A nice throwback to that.

Nice, I like how you covered the back, that's a smart idea. I like the MOC better without the windscreen. And I think teen pop would be a terrible weapon against every evil mastermind (and Beasts too, ofc). :tongue:

And actually, the orange seat is okay with me considering Stringer's 1.0 form (and 3.0 form, for that matter) had orange. A nice throwback to that.

I agree. Which makes me think... have you tried to replace the trans-dark blue by orange ? It would be more faithful to his original color scheme (but that's a personal preference, I like orange and black better than blue and black ^^). Also, why silver hands ? Did you run out of black ones ?

Great MOC! I like it better without the windscreen; perhaps you could attach something else to those clips in its place. And for that matter, I think you should actually switch the black lever for another dark gray one; that way they'll be identifiable as levers the fig is holding instead of blending into the fig itself.

Simple, but nice MOC. As it said Leewan, cleverly made ​​armor on the back. And the mech looks better without windscreen :tongue:

Sweet Stringer minifigure.

-H.unter

Looks pretty good, though the thin lower arms and legs are a bit jarring. Personal preference, I guess.

Probably personal preference. I thought it looked disproportionate with longer limbs. And good point actually - I don't think I paid much attention to the 1.0 Heroes (having only got on board with HF in 2011). I heard orange and blue are supposed to be complementary colours anyway :classic:

Nice, I like how you covered the back, that's a smart idea. I like the MOC better without the windscreen. And I think teen pop would be a terrible weapon against every evil mastermind (and Beasts too, ofc). :tongue:

I agree. Which makes me think... have you tried to replace the trans-dark blue by orange ? It would be more faithful to his original color scheme (but that's a personal preference, I like orange and black better than blue and black ^^). Also, why silver hands ? Did you run out of black ones ?

Yep, give me alternative rock and metal any day of the week over teen pop :tongue: And about the silver hands: I did run out of black ones believe it or not... I might see what it looks like with orange instead of blue, good idea.

Great MOC! I like it better without the windscreen; perhaps you could attach something else to those clips in its place. And for that matter, I think you should actually switch the black lever for another dark gray one; that way they'll be identifiable as levers the fig is holding instead of blending into the fig itself.

Good point about the levers actually, the dark grey one does look better looking at it again.

And I do agree with all of you that it looks better without the windscreen... it's why the main photos show the mech without it actually :sweet:

I actually quite like it with the windscreen. It adds to the bulky upper part of the mech. And the skinny lower limbs help with that too. I like it!

I'm not so fond of the light silvery bits though. Too different from black. Maybe replace with dark silvery metal (or whatever the actual colour is called, you should know what I mean!!!)

Thanks for the comments! I changed around some of the parts, so now you can see what it looks like with orange armour and black hands (yeah I did manage to find some black hands!). Plus, you can see the deadly speaker in action against the atrocity that is my twice-modded Flyer Beast:

14608115341_1bc40eece1_z.jpg

LEGO Hero Factory MOC - Stringer Sonic Machine (5) by TheOneVeyronian, on Flickr

Stringer: "Let's see what this thing can do"

Speaker: "Baby, baby, uh-huh..."

Flyer Beast: "ARGH! Turn it off! Turn it off!!!"

Stringer: "Lucky I have my own headphones on playing death metal, so I can do this safely!" :tongue:

Sorry, I couldn't resist doing that :laugh: So anyway, which version do you prefer?

And as a little bonus, here's an LDD file of the model if you fancy building one yourself. Stringer is decapitated, but that's a known fault in LDD.

Stringer Sonic Machine.lxf

Well done, it's much better that way, IMO.

Also, I see that you found a way to "recycle" your expensive bat-wings. :grin:

For me, both versions look good. I like trans blue, but bright orange looks nice too. And silver hands haven't bothered me.

By the way, pretty cool Flyer Beast.

-H.unter

Also, I see that you found a way to "recycle" your expensive bat-wings. :grin:

Yep, I did that mod late last night after deciding I didn't like my Braptor MOC that much. I did a mod to Flyer Beast about 7 months ago (it might not appear through that link yet though, Flickr's having loads of issues at the moment... :hmpf_bad: ), but I couldn't get the wings right then. The bat wings look much better I think. But that's not the focus of thos topic...

For me, both versions look good. I like trans blue, but bright orange looks nice too. And silver hands haven't bothered me.

By the way, pretty cool Flyer Beast.

-H.unter

Thanks very much, glad you like both versions :grin:

Thanks for the comments! I changed around some of the parts, so now you can see what it looks like with orange armour and black hands (yeah I did manage to find some black hands!). Plus, you can see the deadly speaker in action against the atrocity that is my twice-modded Flyer Beast:

14608115341_1bc40eece1_z.jpg

LEGO Hero Factory MOC - Stringer Sonic Machine (5) by TheOneVeyronian, on Flickr

Stringer: "Let's see what this thing can do"

Speaker: "Baby, baby, uh-huh..."

Flyer Beast: "ARGH! Turn it off! Turn it off!!!"

Stringer: "Lucky I have my own headphones on playing death metal, so I can do this safely!" :tongue:

Sorry, I couldn't resist doing that :laugh: So anyway, which version do you prefer?

And as a little bonus, here's an LDD file of the model if you fancy building one yourself. Stringer is decapitated, but that's a known fault in LDD.

Stringer Sonic Machine.lxf

Wow just amazing. this has given me some ideas.