Sign in to follow this  
Phreatobite

Difference between 4547 and 10002 - Club Car

Hi, Can anyone tell me the differences between the first and re-release versions of the Metroliner Club Car? I'm trying to identify which one I own.

The main diff was the the doors had stickers, but I think this was just the big doors which are not on this just the engines

The doors on mine are printed so is it the earlier version? I think it might be because the rest of the Lego I've inherited is all eighties / early-nineties.

The main diff was the the doors had stickers, but I think this was just the big doors which are not on this just the engines

Must have been a different run. I was given the 10002 Club Car for my 13th Bday back in 2000. I was fortunate to buy a second hand 4547 a year or two ago. Both have printed doors and I believe the exact same build. I do believe there may be a variation in the "sink" tile (2x2 white tile. black hole). I have seen them in two different size holes. I will try and locate the two and compare :classic:

How late in the year was your birthday? 10002 wasn't released until 2001..

I'm December, but got excited with the extra '0' :blush:

Here's how to identify 4547 from 10002:

Find this piece on your model:

4864apx10.jpg?1

If the top has solid studs, it's 4547. If the top has hollow studs, it's 10002.

How late in the year was your birthday? 10002 wasn't released until 2001..

Also, both 4547 and 10002 featured printed doors in both production runs. The doors Kieran is speaking of are in 4558 / 10001 Metroliner on the engine units, which were printed in the original run and stickered in the rerelease.

Thanks for clarifying, that is what I meant but did not get the point out to clearly, nice call on the top studs, that's a very easy way to spot the differance.