LEGO has introduced a lot of great themes over the years, only to cancel them after one or two waves. Are there any themes that you would like to see reintroduced, but this time with updated minifigures and building techniques? Personally, I'd take Alien Conquest and Monster Fighters over permanent themes like Legends of Chima any day.

Themes I would like to see get a reboot:

Ice Planet 2002

Classic Space

Blacktron

Forestmen

Model Team

I would like to see Alpha Team be rebooted, since the story was ended on a cliff-hanger. would give some closure and could possibly merge with other agent-style themes.

VIKINGS!! And of course the Black Falcons. Those have to be my favorite themes.

I am sure we will see Monster Fighters in some new form eventually. That was a completely new adventure theme, and to all appearence sit did well. While we will not see AC specifically again (parts of it did well, parts not so well with the retro 50's alien stuff doing meh) already GS was the spiritual and in some ways literal successor (using or reworking many of the designs planned for a second wave of AC.) taking the fight out to the aliens. So both of those concepts have and will appear again for use I am sure.

Chima is NOT a permanent theme. It is like Ninjago. (Or at least like Ninjago originally was) it is a planned multi wave theme, with deep media tie ins. But as it's initial target group ages out of it it will likely fade. Probably a 3 year cycle give or take. (Ninjago was cancelled, but then brought back because of fan demand. The first and only time that has happened with Lego. Since then it is in uncharted territory in terms of expected life cycle.)

Lego's Permanent or as they refer to them Evergreen themes are City (which is the one that is truly permanent and always on the shelf), Castle, Pirates, Creator, Star Wars and now Super Heroes (just added to the list). They also have the two overarching Evergreen themes of Space (of which AC was a part) and Action/Adventure (which MF was a subset of.) not all Evergreen themes will be on the shelf at the same time, but they are the ones expected to come back in regular cycles or rotation.

Pirates

Wild West

Forestmen

Ice Planet 2002

Classic Space

Whatever series they reboot next, my biggest hope is that the minifigures and parts are visually compatible with the originals. One of my biggest Lego pet peeves is when they reboot a theme but make the minifigures and stuff so vastly different that they can't be displayed next to the old ones. (Yeah, I'm looking at you, Lone Ranger cavalry.)

I'd love to see:

Black Falcons,

Forestmen,

Vikings,

Pirates,

Blacktron, and

Ice Planet 2002.

Having said that, I would prefer them to explore some imaginative new lines first and what I really want is an ancient world theme that is a bit better than the Atlantis line. Personally, I'd leave that one at the bottom of the ocean (bad joke intended).

Johnny Thunder Orient Expedition! That theme has some of my favorite LEGO sets. Johnny Thunder mad a cameo in The LEGO Movie so at least he isn't completely forgotten

Johnny Thunder have been rebooted

Most of the themes mentioned are before the grey/brown switch and will look odd next to new versions

I don't understand why people just don't buy those old sets of BL? There are plenty and MISB JT is not that expensive, I know as I've bought the nearly entire line + classic space/castle/technics and are working my way through town/train :wub:

Edited by 1974

As far as stuff that I think would work really well with a bit of updating?

A nice blending to sort of tie together the second and third generation of Lego Space would be cool. IE a Blacktron / Space Police / M Tron / Rock Raiders / Ice Planet type thing. I would settle for a new Space Police v Blacktron theme though.

A new full Pirates theme

A new Castle Fantasy Era theme

Vikings

Atlantis / Aquaraiders

Classic Castle: Bring back the crusaders, black falcons, black knights, forestmen, etc. These were neat factions with heraldry that looked historical. Would be neat to see this as opposed to the 2 faction thing that Castle has going for it lately.

Space: Bring back the peaceful explorers and traders. I know conflict sells, but it would be cool to get some type of "civilian" space set again.

I would like to see some more from the Classic Space revival. First THE LEGO MOVIE, then the Exo-Suit... it just seems like we're already moving in that direction.

Maybe some Rock Raiders or some Ice Planet? I want some more zany space themes with interesting locales. Galaxy Squad was awesome, don't get me wrong, but it was pretty bland in terms of cool locations. But it wasn't trying to have a cool location either. It was more focused on the conflict of space vehicles vs. bug monsters. So maybe what I really want is a non-conflict space theme.

I would love to see the Divers theme bought back. As a kid my two favourite themes were Divers and Arctic. Arctic is back with some excellent new sets, so I have all fingers and toes crossed for a similar reboot of the Divers theme.

And whilst not strictly a reboot I do wish Lego would bring out separate train carriages and wagons like they used to, to complement and expand the big sets.

I would like a revival of some of the old space themes, particularly Ice Planet 2002 and Blacktron. I am not so keen on a reboot of Classic Space but in a way it could be worked in with these, classic bits on ships for the Ice Planet theme or as adversaries of Blacktron, so we could encounter classic space and indeed Space Police in these themes as well. In fact I would be happy with a general Space theme that had sets covering the various older space factions brought up to date, maybe a set from each of them, spread over several years could build into quite a collection to revival Star Wars. After all in Star Wars you don't go through Empire years and then Rebellion Years and so on do you!

I would also like to see a redesign on a lot of the older train stuff from the 12V era upwards to bring it up to Power Functions spec and with new updated build methods and styling. Perhaps even reding some of the line side stuff.

I would love a Kingdoms, Johnny Thunder, Atlantis, Power Miners, Alien Conquest, Classic Space or Blacktron Reboot! Get rid of Chima!

Wow it's weird to me how much people dislike CHIMA.

I'd like to see a better Castle theme emerge, maybe something new. Barring that, a relaunch of Vikings that keeps the high level of minifig detail but drops the silly hats. Barring that, a full-on Greek mythology theme would be excellent.

For scifi, I think it's time TLG went Steampunk past what they flirted with in Monster Fighters.

Classic Space especially pastiches of the sets of the 1970s and early 1980s. The designs were iconic and deserve to be revisited.

Time Cruisers / Time Twisters. I'd very much like to see another stab at this concept, especially with modern parts, techniques, and design approaches.

I'd like to see pirates make a come back. Reboot service packs.

I'd like the homemaker sets to come back. When I had one, when I was a child, I was so impressed by the smoothness (it was the first studless theme) and colourfulness, but also by the playability provided by the maxifig scale.

I would love to see the Divers theme bought back. As a kid my two favourite themes were Divers and Arctic.

+1 for Divers. They were great sets with some really neat boats to offset the speed, police, coast guard, and cargo boats/ships. I'd also prefer the larger scale cars (T1, Beetle, Mini) be under the Model Team name rather than in Creator. So I guess in a way a new Model Team, as well :classic:

6 Classic space sets, all modern versions of the classics. have it as a one-year release.

I'd say Western. That theme ended to quickly. Allthough they might have done everything you'd expect from such a theme in that short run.

LEGO proved that it could make really good modern Western sets when it released the Lone Ranger product line last year. The fact that it was tied to a movie that bombed at the box office may have hurt sales a little, so I think that a new, generic Western theme would be a lot more successful. Especially if they remade Fort Legoredo (fingers crossed!).

Space, all the old ones were great! Aquazone, more subs, divers, with exploration. And definitely Adventurers! Please LEGO Please make a full Pirates theme next year!