Bob De Quatre

AG - Rules and FAQ

One thing the home planet would offer over others is civilization. If you want to build cities or roads, pretty much you are talking your home planet.

Yeah, from a story standpoint home planets offer that. Although, so do other planets once dominated. Can just as easily make the case that a city was built there. Or, if you are NuckElBerg, you could just bring one along. :laugh::wink:

Yeah, from a story standpoint home planets offer that. Although, so do other planets once dominated. Can just as easily make the case that a city was built there. Or, if you are NuckElBerg, you could just bring one along. :laugh::wink:

Well, when the easiest route is not possible, you have to come up with creative solutions... interestingly enough, it's often those solutions that are more interesting...

Also LPJ, the current "week" lasts until 10am GMT on Monday 24th Aug, because it was extended. Then the "week" after that is extended to end on the 7th, to make room for the challenge.

Be sure to message Narbilu to get added to our 2 standard PM chains :classic:

No.

OK.

Also LPJ, the current "week" lasts until 10am GMT on Monday 24th Aug, because it was extended. Then the "week" after that is extended to end on the 7th, to make room for the challenge.

Be sure to message Narbilu to get added to our 2 standard PM chains :classic:

Got it.

Bob, can you please change my picture in the Planets & Players index to this one?

20013430563_6e2e00feb1_t.jpg

Bob (or other AG staff) I know you're super busy, but I'm trying to figure out how many credits I actually have. In the player index it shows that I have 33 credits, but I don't think that's including my last request for a credit transfer to NuckElBerg. My most recent weekly build has also not been added yet. I'm assuming I received 33 credits from it also, but again am not sure whether it's just the link to the entry that hasn't been updated or whether it's both that and the credits. Take a look at it when you can, thanks.

Bob (or other AG staff) I know you're super busy, but I'm trying to figure out how many credits I actually have. In the player index it shows that I have 33 credits, but I don't think that's including my last request for a credit transfer to NuckElBerg. My most recent weekly build has also not been added yet. I'm assuming I received 33 credits from it also, but again am not sure whether it's just the link to the entry that hasn't been updated or whether it's both that and the credits. Take a look at it when you can, thanks.

I updated the players index. You currently have 33 credits.

ender.png

Hi Bob... Sorry to bother you, but the player index says I have 0 credits and have earned 501. I know I have transferred 500 credits exactly as last week I transferred 42 instead of 43. Please, could it be updated so I can have my all-important one credit? :tongue::look:

I updated the players index. You currently have 33 credits.

You're the best Bob!

Sorry if I sound whiny or something. I realize what a huge work it have been to create and maintain this game. I just have a few questions or unbalance issues with the expensive tech.

First the Pirate hat say “When you build on a planet controlled by another corporation ”

Shouldn't it be a piracy build? Otherwise it seams overpowered based on other items for the same price.

Actually, the other two look rather underpowered.

The Art of space war are basically doing the same thing as Domination for dummies but with no effect on planets where other companies haven't built yet. (you could use it to get a planet down to zero but that's not realistic) My suggestion would be to give one extra domination AND reduce one for other companies on that planet.

Stealth mode too isn't all that good. You could use it to get rare resources but it would take a long time. I can't see a tactical use to place a build far from your territory. You can't even help an allied company as your domination don't stack and removing domination would effect both other companies. The only use I can see (besides slow mining of rare resources) is for story. If you want to interact with people or planets far away.

Unlike Pirate hat, Stealth mode require a spy build and it would make Spy suit useless if you have it. You should at least get 500 discount if you already had the spy suit and I feel it should normally be cheaper too, like 1000 credits.

Well, that's my opinion at least.

Although I agree that the other two might be under-powered a little, I certainly would not suggest trying to lower the power of the Pirate Hat - if you think it is best, just get it instead of one of the other ones! Restricting it to only piracy builds would lower it drastically in the estimation of those (including myself!) who do not want to just be building spy or piracy actions all the time. I do agree that The Art of Space War would be greatly improved by your suggestion though :wink:

As far as the stealth mode goes, I see no reason to give a discount to the people who have spying outfits - when those who have spying outfits bought them, they should have been considering the fact that it would lose its value if the owner later bought Stealth Mode. Possibly a deal could be made where you trade in the spying outfit for the other one and pay the difference, but I'm not sure about that... I don't really think it needs to be cheapened though, as it gives its owner the ability to build wherever he wants, which is not bad for the current price, if you ask me. As I said about the Pirate Hat though, I personally would far prefer getting Stealth Mode if it didn't have the spying requirement! :grin:

Yes, if the pirate hat isnt going to have a piracy criteria then stealth mode shoudent either. (Which would almost justefy its price) I woud really like that. Call it long range jump or something and let rich people explore the other planets without spying. Also, traiding in the spy suit or not doesent mater, it get totaly wortless if you get the stealth mode.

I like the art of space war and pirate hat as they are.

It is supposed to be hard to get the art of space war - second domination point bonus (well, -1 for other corporations, but pretty much the same thing). Even though its "worth" is the same as DforD, it is meant to be harder to get than the DforD book.

To me, the stealth ship makes sense that you have to spy. Going to any planet you want and then build whatever?

For the Pirate hat I like that you don't need to make it a piracy build (unless that was its intention and accidentally left out). You can damage other corporations' resources with military builds, sabotage, or "blocking" their transporation paths by putting a big spaceship in the atmosphere. Furthermore, it helps in that you can't use the pirate hat if you build on a planet already held by your corporation. You can only use it if you're building on a planet controlled by another corp.

It would be cool if stealth mode were discounted a little if you already have a spying outfit, but eh, perhaps it is already discounted since it's so nice that you can build wherever you want!

Edited by David FNJ

...To me, the stealth ship makes sense that you have to spy. Going to any planet you want and then build whatever? ...

Which apparently is pretty much what spying is anyways. :tongue:

Still, you've got to admit, that ruins some really nice vacation breaks. :laugh:

Which apparently is pretty much what spying is anyways. :tongue:

Heh, yeah it does have a lot of options.

"gathering intels, hacking computers or sabotaging any other corporation equipment"

Special forces in general have lots of job options, though I've already done a few builds that didn't get the 3 credit bonus.

Still, you've got to admit, that ruins some really nice vacation breaks. :laugh:

Haha, I was actually thinking that! Poor Octan won't be able to send it's operatives on special vacations.

Is there an overview or map or something of this? There are soo many numbers and abbreviations I'm not following. Ag06? I'm guessing a planet, but what else?

Also, what's the idea of aliens if aliens can't really do a anything?

Is there an F. A. Q. That's doesn't devolve into lots of questions and post backs?

Is there an overview or map or something of this? There are soo many numbers and abbreviations I'm not following. Ag06? I'm guessing a planet, but what else?

Also, what's the idea of aliens if aliens can't really do a anything?

Is there an F. A. Q. That's doesn't devolve into lots of questions and post backs?

Maybe we need a "introduction to new players" with links and summary on what's happened in large. Still, the first post in this thread explain a lot. It also link to the galaxy map.

The first post in the Introduction and Discussion thread give some background to the game and later you can check Technologies Tree and Personal Equipements for player rewards. As you say Aliens can't get much equipment or have any particular goal like the companies do but they can attack companies and remove domination points from planets (or just build for fun in this universe).

I don't know if it's in the first rule post or just in comments somewhere but every weekly build start with the same code (within brackets) O/K/M or A for your company and then the galaxy coordinates (one letter and two digits).

Edited by EpsilonEta

Update to the core rules!

Fleet system

The Corporation Fleets:

• Each corporation have a fleet on the map, starting at the home planets.
  • Each week the CEO (or one designated officer) can move the fleet to an adjacent planet.
  • The CEO or designated officer, must inform AG staff of the movement at latest Monday 9 AM GMT.
  • If no move was announced by then, the fleet stays at the planet it was the week before.
  • The move will occur after the weekly builds are judged.
  • Only "buildable" planets can be protected by the fleet (Controlled planets and adjacents).
  • There can be multiple fleets at a single planet.

Alien fleets

• 3 alien fleets are be on the map, starting at C06, F04 and F08.
  • Each week, the alien fleets will move randomly to an adjacent planet or stay on the same planet.

Rewards and restrictions:

• An alien build on a planet where an alien fleet is present will cause a loss of -2 domination points for the corporations.
  • Corporations can't build on a planet where an alien fleet is present, unless their own fleet is also present.
  • Building on a planet with your own fleet on it grants a bonus of +1 domination point.
  • Other corporations cannot build on a protected planet, unless their own fleet is also present.
  • When the corporation fleet is at the same planet as the alien fleet, both benefits are reduced by 1.