Bob De Quatre

AG - Rules and FAQ

There is no requirement to build every week.... In fact Kawashita has had builders that have have skipped a week or two. I think things should remain the same unless the judges are having trouble finding the time to do the judging every week.... There probably will be times I will not build a weekly, but it is nice to have the weekly there to keep me from procrastinating working on a build until the following week.

I am very much enjoying weekly building. The constant pressure is exciting, both because of the scramble for tactics and the build rush. It keeps the pace up for the strategy game, and frankly it was kinda fun when I had been piecing together a larger build over a few weeks that I got to unveil it as just another part of the weekly games. Slowing it down would mean that the game would go from being ~9 months long to being ~18 months, and take away some of the frantic energy. If you would personally like to build bi-weekly, go for it! No-one will pressure anyone here.

I'm only getting a handful of hours of free time each week around my studies, so this is edging out my other main hobby. If I wanted, I'd slow down and do that instead, but frankly I find this super enjoyable and am happy spending my free time here. Thanks to Bob and co for that.

Edited by Commander Turtle

I am very much enjoying weekly building. The constant pressure is exciting, both because of the scramble for tactics . It keeps the pace up for the strategy game, and frankly it was kinda fun when I had been piecing together a larger build over a few weeks that I got to unveil it as just another part of the weekly games. Slowing it down would mean that the game would go from being ~9 months long to being ~18 months, and take away some of the frantic energy. If you would personally like to build bi-weekly, go for it! No-one will pressure anyone here.

I'm only getting a handful of hours of free time each week around my studies, so this is edging out my other main hobby. If I wanted, I'd slow down and do that instead, but frankly I find this super enjoyable and am happy spending my free time here. Thanks to Bob and co for that.

I second this completely (except I have more time to build :blush: ). Maybe a one week break after the challenge ends at the end of August, but otherwise let's keep it going!

I think we need a clarification about whether a home planet can be taken over by another team.

There is no weekly build requirement for AG. It is all optional. I would really hate to base AG's schedule around another RBG because not everyone will be a member of that other RBG. We have people in here who do SoNE and AG but not GoH. And some that do GoH and AG but not SoNE. Trying to accommodate everyone's schedule will make things pretty challenging. I think the game just moves on and when you are able to participate you can.

And some of us are just plain stupid and try to build for all 3!

Bob- Does the purple speaking backpack great +5 resources per build, or +5 per domination point? If I score a 4 would it grant me 45 or 60 resources? Thanks. (I hope it is 60 I want to want it sooo bad)

Aliens can buy anything that you guys can, but most equipment is less valuable to us as most equipment is geared towards helping your corporation with resources and domination points.

I'm saving up for an alien emblem that's the first cool thing I can buy.

I think it's been mentioned somewhere, but I'd like to second an incentive to build on the home planets. Right now there is no point as far as I know as they cannot even be taken, so it's more advantageous to go build on some other awesomnium-rich planet. I think an incentive to build there might be nice to explore cities, the capitol, and story-based builds whereas now it seems like a little bit of a waste to do so since strategically-minded play would encourage a home planet to be the last place anyone builds.

Edited by aeralure

So for the past 10 weeks everyone has build solely in a strategic way, and now you ask for an incentive for building storywise?

Now when almost all planets are taken we can build on the home planet just as any awesomnium planet, we don't need to make it more rewarding. But I was thinking something simular, what if say 100 domination gave another bonus. I know it helps Octan who have the most planets but it also rewards building at home rather then going to war for extra recorses (wich is a bit unrealistic)

Edited by EpsilonEta

Now when almost all planets are taken we can build on the home planet just as any awesomnium planet, we don't need to make it more rewarding. But I was thinking something simular, what if say 100 domination gave another bonus. I know it helps Octan who have the most planets but it also rewards building at home rather then going to war for extra recorses (wich is a bit unrealistic)

That's where you're wrong, Octan will be the less helped by something like that. We have the less domination points per planets of the three corps, and by far!

That's where you're wrong, Octan will be the less helped by something like that. We have the less domination points per planets of the three corps, and by far!

But in the long run you would get the most planetary bonusses as you have the most planets

In the very long run then... Currently we have 47,2 DP per planet, where Kawashita has 58.6 and Mantis 73.5.

In complement, Octan has placed 51 DP on planets we don't have control, Kawashita 191 and Mantis 177.

I think a Homeworld bonus would be nice. That makes us decide between building on our homeworld and recieving the bonus, or posting strategically on border worlds.

That's actually a really interesting stat. Shows that people haven't been fighting Octan hard enough! :laugh:

Octan is a "nice" Corp. We don't fight with others: we assimilate others. "Join Octan: It'll happen eventually."

Also, tbh, that just shows how efficient we've been.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

In complement, Octan has placed 51 DP on planets we don't have control, Kawashita 191 and Mantis 177.

The vast majority of the Kawa/Mantis points come from A06. Drop that planet from consideration and all 3 corps are suddenly very similar in point totals. :wink:

False, just Kawashita. (We have 69 on undominated planets and 100 from A06, which is most of it.) MANTIS points are from all their wastage as they defended E02, F02, D04, C04, B06...

The vast majority of the Kawa/Mantis points come from A06. Drop that planet from consideration and all 3 corps are suddenly very similar in point totals. :wink:

Everything discused yet have been efficency numbers rather then company strenght. The total amount of domination points each corperation have placed on the map would be a more interesting number.

So for the past 10 weeks everyone has build solely in a strategic way, and now you ask for an incentive for building storywise?

No not a story building incentive. I was trying to think of a reason home planets might be used. Right now the only purpose they serve is to make certain a corporation does not get knocked out of the game, but I think it is realistically impossible that a corporation would fail to control even a single planet. It's not coming from nowhere - someone else raised it. I was just reminded of it when looking at the map and thinking "well, were I to build on Orinshi, I'd do this, but that will never happen" since there is absolutely no reason. Thought that was a just a wasted opportunity, mechanically speaking. Story-wise one can always come up with a reason to build anywhere, of course, but having no reason at all to on a given planet we of course see no builds on any home planet and that just strikes me as really odd. Thinking of other strategic games the home location would be the most important, most defended, or somehow really useful. Just raising that I felt that way again when looking at the map.

Edited by aeralure