Bob De Quatre

AG - Rules and FAQ

Just to clarify, this does not refer to tags alongside the post, as in, when you're ready to make a post you type the title, and then there's a section for "tags", but rather it refers to the words that are supposed to be put in the actual body of the post right after the Location section. (eg., Tags: aa, bb, cc - all that, including the tags label)

Wait, what? Are we supposed to put the mission specific "tags" (words) in the text of the post? (with the words “tag:” first)

I thought we called them tags because we should use the forums built in tag system.

Wait, what? Are we supposed to put the mission specific "tags" (words) in the text of the post? (with the words “tag:” first)

I thought we called them tags because we should use the forums built in tag system.

Either solution works. But I'd prefer if they were written inside the post. I used the word "tag", and maybe that wasn't a good choice as it's confusing with that built in forum mechanic.

But the main problem isn't where people put the tags, but people who don't even post them, or tend to abuse the system by putting tags they shouldn't.

Like Bob said, the rules clearly suggest that the tags should be put at the head of the post, like so,

Tags: aa, bb, cc

It is a bit confusing with the forum tags also being called, well, tags.

And then, the location is usually put at the head of the title, ex,

[M, X00] How to Shower on a Planet that doesn't have Water

So I don't think very many people also put it at the head of their post, and I dare say I've forgotten a couple of times myself.

What are the tech levels of aliens in this? Can they be civilized or are they all primitive?

What are the tech levels of aliens in this? Can they be civilized or are they all primitive?

They can be of any tech level. Narbilu has presented several Alien species in his builds, all of a technologically advanced nature, and others have presented Alien species at lower tech levels. Feel free to invent your own species and such, or take inspiration from those others have created. :classic:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

They can be of any tech level. Narbilu has presented several Alien species in his builds, all of a technologically advanced nature, and others have presented Alien species at lower tech levels. Feel free to invent your own species and such, or take inspiration from those others have created. :classic:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Thats what I thought but I wasn't sure if making them technologically advanced would affect the overall storyline. Thanks! :)

Hi Bob!

Under the "AG - Technologies Tree and Personal Equipements"-topic it says the following:

Personnal Equipement effects do not cascade. for example if you own a Water extractor and a Bag of fertilizer, when earning biomass.png biomass, the Water extractor will produce water.png water, but that water do not trigger the Bag of fertilizer.

My question is: Does the random resource gained via Prospecting (which is a Technology and not a Personal Equipment) trigger Personal Equipment effects (i.e. would a Randomly gained Biomass when farming on a Water planet trigger Wolverine's bone? (also, if this is the case, would a randomly gained Biomass when farming on a Biomass planet trigger Wolverine's bone twice?))?

Thanks! :classic:

Could it be possible to change these rules a little? :D It would be nice (and more fun!) to have some synergy between equipment : ) Or maybe have some tech that allows the synergy. The possibilities are limitless :D

Could it be possible to change these rules a little? :D It would be nice (and more fun!) to have some synergy between equipment : ) Or maybe have some tech that allows the synergy. The possibilities are limitless :D

Exctly, the possibilities are endless: I could gain some biomass, that my water extractor would transform in water, that my bag of fertilizer would transform in biomass, that my water extractor would transform in water, that my bag of fertilizer would transform in biomass, that my water extractor would transform in water, that my bag of fertilizer would transform in biomass, that my water extractor would transform in water, that my bag of fertilizer would transform in biomass, that my water extractor would transform in water, that my bag of fertilizer would transform in biomass, that my water extractor would transform in water, that my bag of fertilizer would transform in biomass, that my water extractor would transform in water, that my bag of fertilizer would transform in biomass...

It does not have to be recursive :P The rule could be that one equipment triggers only once per build : )

Bob, I've rechecked the resources stats and found out that we have differences in Awesomnium amounts. I have 1310 and your data shows 1450. All other resources are on the same levels. Checked the timeline line-by-line.

Sorry if this has been asked before, I couldn't find anything in here. Is trading of equipment allowed?

No.

Don't have the link, but the question was certainly asked earlier.

I just rechecked this thread and Introduction and Discussion and no mention of this :/ Could you please find the question/answer?

The ghost from the past is still here, Bob.

Last week you manually changed one sector ID almost everywhere.... but not on the "Planets index" thread. :look:

So... What is the deal with using third party parts now?! :wacko: I'm seeing them every where, but I thought they were illegal!

So... What is the deal with using third party parts now?! :wacko: I'm seeing them every where, but I thought they were illegal!

Bob allows Alt Bricks leaves and grass stalks.

I believe it was announced in the very beginning that sigfigs didn't have to be purist. Not sure if that is what you're talking about, though.

Maybe it would be good to formalise it. E.g. if it's not visible on your sigfig, specifically ask whether the part is allowed. So the altbricks leaves have been allowed for example, and anything else not in your sigfig pic should be assumed not allowed until answered otherwise.