mpoh98

The Final Duel - Inigo Vs. Count Rugen

14587434171_0c07e694cb_b.jpg

Inigo Vs. Count Rugen - The Princess Bride Collaboration

A part of the nine-builders/friends, fourteen-builds collaboration at BrickWorld 2014 this year. This MOC depicts the scene where Inigo finally tracks down Count Rugen after many years of searching for him, and kills him.

Be sure to explore the rest of the builds or watch this interview with Beyond the Brick:

img_8386.jpg

img_8388.jpg

img_8389.jpg

The Nine Collaborators are:

Paul Vermeesch

Dan Church

Max Pointner

Ian Spacek

Casey McCoy

Philip Berntson

Matthew Oh - Me

Ben Merrill

Lee Muzzy

14587434171_0c07e694cb_b.jpg

Enjoy!

Soli Deo Gloria!

~Matthew~

Never seen the movie, but it looks great mpoh. The floor is interesting. I really like the candles and the stairs illusion.

I love your candles, your forced perspective stairs, and your floor! :wub: This was one of my favorite out of the colab. Great job!

One of my favorite movies! An outstanding build representing it! Love the stairs and the candles. The floor is superb.

Such a great movie, and this creation reflects the scene perfectly. :thumbup: I absolutely love that stair technique you used, too, along with the SNOT area and the tiling on the floor. :wub:

Mandy Patinkin was so good in that film that I didn't recognize him later in Dead Like Me and Criminal Minds. He did all his own swordwork for the film. Wonderful depiction.

I hadn't noticed that the stairs were forced perspective until reading the comments; now I've gone back drooling over that and all the other great details here, very well done!

Just saw the movie today (so I put off comenting until I had seen it) - all the vignettes are fantastic! I admire your candles+candlesticks, and of course, your forced perspective stairs are brilliant! Kudos to you and your fellow collaborators.

Thank you everyone! Glad you like my part of our collaboration! :)

Edited by mpoh98

Great, absolut great!

How you build the floor i can only say superb!

Really stunning MOC!

markus

My name is Indigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die. Errr, I mean awesome build. The details, the figures and their poses, the structure, and those stairs are amongst the most innovative, creative things I've seen done with LEGO in a long time!

...your forced perspective stairs

I do not think it means what you think it means. The stairs are an an example of a trompe-l'oeil, not forced perspective.

But I agree that the illusion is very clever as is the rest of the MOC. Great job!

I do not think it means what you think it means. The stairs are an an example of a trompe-l'oeil, not forced perspective.

But I agree that the illusion is very clever as is the rest of the MOC. Great job!

when looking at this the first time, i didnt quite get, what was going on with these stairs =D

really like the amount of detail and moreover the floor / wall texture !

Amazing build. Love this movie. Great candles and stairs, never seen those techniques. The bonfire also looks better than most similar attempts I've seen!

Inconceivable!

Learned something new, just now.

Easily my favorite movie. And this MOC is fitting.

The stair effect is neat. I hadn't noticed it wasn't real stairs until I looked at it again.

The candles are really neat. I didn't know those pieces came in that color.

The flooring is neat. I haven't seen that effect in a while.

Good work.

That staircase illusion is absolutely amazing!!! Great Moc Mpoh!

Such a beautiful moc mate... But that staircase is poor win :thumbup: