mccoyed

Free Build - On A Tropical Island

14397390198_29c35e898e_z.jpg

Poor Rolfi the Mitgardian sailor is trapped on a deserted island and boy is he hungry!

I too love the base. Very nice use of colours to create the desired effect.

It's terrific.

Great work, that palm tree is great, and I like how you snotted the water to show the depth :thumbup:. As one nitpick however, I would probably not snot the land in this scenario, as it is exactly at sea level in this case.

I like that part of the island is at sea level. It shows me that the elevation is very low, maybe that part is flooded when the tide comes.

Thanks everyone!

I snotted the land as an experiment to see if it looked enough like beach that would sorta disappear with a low tide. The lighter blue bits (I don't have very many or I'd have used them more) are to simulate depth so it looks more naturally like a low-tide environment where the water can easily lap over the sand anytime.

Nice work again man, love the subtle details in this build. The snotted landscape is very cool and really works well for the ride effect you're going for.

The snot base works nicely here and I like how you set the studs up plates at an angle :thumbup:

Thanks SK. I wanted to try SNOTed water/landscaping and I find it works okay but it's not my favorite technique. I prefer the studs-up approach with texturing from SNOT and other techniques, like my WotN Phase 3 build.