Sign in to follow this  
morris

Guys, don't worry about the gold C3P0

You know what would really make me laugh, is that next year TLC releases in a huge set (like my most anticipated RBR playset) that golden C3-PO just to piss off all the guys that paid a huge load of money for them X-D

Erm, no!Actually it should be an Army Builder set, coming with one gold and two silver chromed droids! ;-)

Erm, no!Actually it should be an Army Builder set, coming with one gold and two silver chromed droids! ;-)

Yeay !! and add a chrome headed R2 :-P That would make the old C3PO really expensive X-D

*yoda*

First one on bricklink but definitely not the 1st one found, or the first one on ebay.

This guy has been buying out golden 3POs on ebay at <$250 a piece, and has bought several already. Crazy!!

Yeah,as fas as I know this is one of those 250$ figs, resold by the bricklinker...

Yeah,as fas as I know this is one of those 250$ figs, resold by the bricklinker...

Yeah, actually this was talked about in BSTF, he was indeed the one who bought it for $250US via Buy It Now |-/

Yeah, actually this was talked about in BSTF, he was indeed the one who bought it for $250US via Buy It Now |-/

So what

Yes *yoda*, hurry up before the mighty Swedes by up all of them with our thick wallets filled with our oilmoney ....... ups - that

guys...........you don't have to get it now fo 400USD each.......

like i told you, there will be enough for everyone who wants one.

just look at jango and watto.

guys...........you don't have to get it now fo 400USD each.......

like i told you, there will be enough for everyone who wants one.

just look at jango and watto.

There were more than 10000 Jango and watto figs. And I'm guaranteeing you that more than 10000 people world-wide will want this fig. Heck, more than 10k people just in the US will want this fig.

Edited by Starwars4J

Oh my god! Those figs are so expensive that my eyes hurt when I'm looking at the price! :-X I can't believe that some guys are ready to pay so much money for those C-3POs.... :-| And I don't want to know how much those real gold C-3POs will cost. I get a headache when I think about it. X-D

More and more of these are appearing on ebay everyday. The bad thing is that all the ones nearest to ending are all going for about $250, and looks like it may go up further!! :-|

Sigh... guess market value is defined at ~$250 for now. WAYYY out of my budget.

More and more of these are appearing on ebay everyday. The bad thing is that all the ones nearest to ending are all going for about $250, and looks like it may go up further!! :-|

Hopefully that will go way down when they start being available in actual sets in stores, and not just from CIV. Unless supply somehow loses its inverse relationship with demand 8-|

There were more than 10000 Jango and watto figs. And I'm guaranteeing you that more than 10000 people world-wide will want this fig. Heck, more than 10k people just in the US will want this fig.

how do you know that more than 10,000 peole world wide will want this fig?

Oh my god! Those figs are so expensive that my eyes hurt when I'm looking at the price! :-X I can't believe that some guys are ready to pay so much money for those C-3POs.... :-| And I don't want to know how much those real gold C-3POs will cost. I get a headache when I think about it. X-D

Hopefully that will go way down when they start being available in actual sets in stores, and not just from CIV. Unless supply somehow loses its inverse relationship with demand 8-|

guys, like i have said, stop worrying about it.

soon the market will be "flooded" with this golden C3PO.

just get one by then.

Well, first of all a lot of them will just get ruined and thrown away by children. Secondly a lot will remain in the box for those MIB fanatics. That leaves MAYBE 5000

And even if it was all 10000, there are many more people than that, who would want it

guys, like i have said, stop worrying about it.

soon the market will be "flooded" with this golden C3PO.

just get one by then.

This is just wishful thinking at best and delusional at worst. As long as Lego does not produce these gold droids in any other sets, the price on them is going to be outrageous.

Well, first of all a lot of them will just get ruined and thrown away by children. Secondly a lot will remain in the box for those MIB fanatics. That leaves MAYBE 5000

And even if it was all 10000, there are many more people than that, who would want it

i seriously doubt it, anyone who really has an interest in SW lego would open any 2007 sets they have to gain a chance to find the golden C3PO, plus, how many MISB fanatics are there?not much.

This is just wishful thinking at best and delusional at worst. As long as Lego does not produce these gold droids in any other sets, the price on them is going to be outrageous.

it really depends on what you define by "outrageous"

for example, "expensive" and "cheap" are just relative, no definite definition

is 100USD "expensive" ?

to a person living on a street, yes

to Bill Gates, no.

Morris, I know your intentions are good, but let's be realistic here.

Many people who are not fanatics, if they find the gold 3po, they will keep it. It doesn't make economic sense (they can buy about $250 more of lego if the price point remains as it is today if they sell it on ebay), but hey, why would non-fanatics know this thing is worth so much? Its shiny and cool, so they keep it in their little box of lego figs. There.

Also, you forgot to account for that fact that some people want MULTIPLES of this, and will pay lots of money for it. Trade_express has already bought about 3-4 of these, at $250-300 a piece. A few of the big ebay lego sellers have bought one too, and we all know there are a good 50odd big time (meaning their ratings is >1000) lego sellers on ebay, so if they all buy at least one that depletes the supply as well.

All in all, I think the best is to let time tell, but since I don't see how more than about 1-2 can pop up each day, we need all the people who are really willing to pay to be depleted, and I don't see that as a possibility in the near future.

I do hope lego releases him in a set tho :-)

Well put, supernova.

i seriously doubt it, anyone who really has an interest in SW lego would open any 2007 sets they have to gain a chance to find the golden C3PO, plus, how many MISB fanatics are there?not much.

it really depends on what you define by "outrageous"

for example, "expensive" and "cheap" are just relative, no definite definition

is 100USD "expensive" ?

to a person living on a street, yes

to Bill Gates, no.

Except that not everyone knows about the event period, that automatically takes out those that remain MIB and those that children open (not to mention the collectors who will keep sets MIB to sell later with the tag "Could have a golden 3PO!"). And besides, there are millions of lego fans out there. Most of them will want to keep this if they get it. 10000 is a drop in the bucket next to even one million.

And as for Bill Gates, you're right. However Bill Gates won't be looking for this, and the majority of fans are nowhere near his tax bracket.

Morris, I know your intentions are good, but let's be realistic here.

Many people who are not fanatics, if they find the gold 3po, they will keep it. It doesn't make economic sense (they can buy about $250 more of lego if the price point remains as it is today if they sell it on ebay), but hey, why would non-fanatics know this thing is worth so much? Its shiny and cool, so they keep it in their little box of lego figs. There.

Also, you forgot to account for that fact that some people want MULTIPLES of this, and will pay lots of money for it. Trade_express has already bought about 3-4 of these, at $250-300 a piece. A few of the big ebay lego sellers have bought one too, and we all know there are a good 50odd big time (meaning their ratings is >1000) lego sellers on ebay, so if they all buy at least one that depletes the supply as well.

do you remember what happened when the PSP and PS3 were first released?

the price goes up, and then it goes down. i know these consoles are not limited to 10,000 units

but then, then are more game players than star wars lego collectors

so price will be UP, and then DOWN.

However Bill Gates won't be looking for this

i really don't know whether Bill Gates is looking for this or not.

how do you know Bill Gates is not looking for this?

do you remember what happened when the PSP and PS3 were first released?

the price goes up, and then it goes down. i know these consoles are not limited to 10,000 units

but then, then are more game players than star wars lego collectors

so price will be UP, and then DOWN.

Except that those were high at the start because of limited demand. Then more were made, enough so EVERYONE could have one, so there was less competition. However the number of available figs will never increase, it will just go down, and slowly they will start disappearing off ebay till there's 1 or 2 a week at the most. The price will be UP, then it will MAYBE go down to $200/fig, and then it will SKYROCKET back up to probably $300-400US when the supply runs out.

i really don't know whether Bill Gates is looking for this or not.

how do you know Bill Gates is not looking for this?

That's really not the point...

Edited by Starwars4J

I think we will see more of an inelastic relationship than a perfectly inverse one ;)

->small quantity with a large demand

->precious metal

->'collectability' driven mostly by afols

unless i am mistaken.

are these c3po s going to be solid gold? I havnt heard much about them