Sign in to follow this  
Combee

[MOC] Ogre Encampment

Sorry to revive this so far after the original convo, but I just found this. These are amazing Combee!!!! And double thanks for the tent tutorial. How did you get the roof angles on the watchtower? Those seem super cool and potentially scale-able to larger, Warcraft inspired orc/ogre fortresses.

I absolutely love the tower! I made a wish list post in the 2016 Castle thread and that tower was kind of what I was picturing with one of the sets. A nice rickety look out tower for the bad guys. The only difference is I would make it shorter so it fit the $20 price slot and probably get rid of the hut on top in favor of some railing or spikes.

So much love for this. Such un-blocky structures with such a blocky medium. I keep looking at the swampy water. Is it actually a different shade at the edges? Or is than an illusion of the photograph?

Edited by Cloveapple

The variation in the water comes from varying the colour of the plates beneath the transparent tiles. I would guess it's bright green around the edge and dark green in the middle but it could well be a different combination to provide the graduation between light and dark.

Thank you again everyone! To answer some of your questions:

How did you get the roof angles on the watchtower? Those seem super cool and potentially scale-able to larger, Warcraft inspired orc/ogre fortresses.

It's pretty simple. I just have hinge plates underneath the wedge plates to create the angles. I would love to build some larger Warcraft creations, it's just hard to find the time.

I keep looking at the swampy water. Is it actually a different shade at the edges? Or is than an illusion of the photograph?

It's just like The_Cook said. I had white plates around the edges and brown in the center under the trans-green tiles. Bright green would have probably looked better rather than the white, as it is I think the contrast is to great between the shades.