Sign in to follow this  
Gary The Procrastinator

Battle of The Wilderness Collaboration for Brickfair Virginia - Comple

For our second annual US Civil War Collaboration at Brickfair Virginia, we created a large display (4x8 of 32x32 stud baseplates) of the 1864 battle to commemorate the 150th Anniversary. John Rudy, Joshua Brooks, Patrick Taylor and I built 32 modules and invaded them with 179 confederates and 142 Federals:

14642226170_f0b2874d26.jpg 14642389337_5163b79ff5_n.jpg 14828915605_157117ed0a_n.jpg

---Click on the pictures for greater detail---

14826551734_005ac23661.jpg

While we had to compress the battlefield to get the Railroad Cut, Ny Stream, Brock Road and Widow Tap's Farm in, we were very careful to recreate the battle on May 6th, 1864 at 11:00 am, when General James Longstreet sent his Chief of Staff Lt Col Moxley Sorrel and four brigades sneaking along the Railroad Cut to surprise the Federals with a flank attack.

All four of us had a great time with this, and got to talk about history to those who otherwise didn't know about it. The display was popular with the public and AFOLs alike at Brickfair VA, and was nominated for the Best Historical award, but lost to another of my builds, the Battle of Rorke's Drift (post to follow soon).

Cheers,

Gary

Edited by Gary The Procrastinator

Looking amazing so far, can't wait to see it finished. I really much like it, Love the river, the road, the trees, all is amazing!

It's looking a little "naked", maybe you should add more vegetation like trees, bushes, and grass? Other than that I'm eager to see what it looks like when it's done.

Looks nice so far, can't wait to see the finished build! I'm sure there will be lots of detail once it's finished and fully assembled.

Looking amazing so far, can't wait to see it finished. I really much like it, Love the river, the road, the trees, all is amazing!

Thank you! I will update this post with the new photos as we complete them.

It's looking a little "naked", maybe you should add more vegetation like trees, bushes, and grass? Other than that I'm eager to see what it looks like when it's done.

Yes, as I said in one of the points above, it's a WIP and we will have a lot more ground cover as per the banks of the stream. Thank you, and more coming...

Looks nice so far, can't wait to see the finished build! I'm sure there will be lots of detail once it's finished and fully assembled.

Thank you!

I enjoyed seeing this in person at BrickFair VA this year! Great job to all who contributed!

This is wonderfull! I just sold 100 Old Western Cavalry figures, and already regret it haha

I enjoyed seeing this in person at BrickFair VA this year! Great job to all who contributed!

This is wonderfull! I just sold 100 Old Western Cavalry figures, and already regret it haha

Thank you both! Too bad about those Western Cavalry, but we can't keep everything forever, right?

As I said on Flickr, this is an awesome MOC. The scale of the action is increadible.Can't wait to see the Rorke's Drift!

Thank you so much Macsen, I appreciate it very much. I will be posting RD later today as soon as I get the photos' editing finished...

Edited by Gary The Procrastinator