Gwail

friendly Lamborghini Gallardo

Here we are with Emma again in sunny Italy, Sant'Agata Bolognese, at the Lamborghini headquarters! This is a good time to present the main italian rival of my Ferrari Italia - Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder [WIP].

Just like with Ferrari Italia, I didn't try to recreate the exact shapes of the front bonnet, for the same reasons, just wanted to make it enough "lamborghinable". Additionaly, the driver's chamber in Gallardo is moved forward a bit, I had some riddles to solve, how to arrange it with the doors system. The effects? Judge by yourself :).

14599591423_4aa162741c_c.jpg

14599591643_50a68c717a_c.jpg

14577707744_bd1bb797ab_c.jpg

Wait a minute... Something's wrong. Where are the mirrors, must-be lifted doors, where is the "WIP" status? Right, it isn't finished project. I didn't want another generic 3 x 6 slope windscreen, time to make it custom - classical, with hose and hands. There are some reasons - better look first of all, the second - no room for lifted doors and mirrors. The MOC could be finished, but I've just screwed up last BLinking, and ordered riggid hose instead of pneumatic :). Take a look, how it looks now.

14577707944_28beeabb81_c.jpg

14599590613_42bd252b02_c.jpg

14392864048_dfd207102c_c.jpg

More shots on my flick page.

And this is my last presented MOC for now, I won't bother you anymore for a while :wink: . Thanks for stopping by and commenting, have a good time and stay tuned!

My previous presentations:

14541283676_d0eab6ac41_t.jpg 14551184925_5d319e05ba_t.jpg 14356400238_269d1fb81a_t.jpg 14385311427_d19b921517_t.jpg

Edited by Gwail

All your cars are great. They are sleek and it's easy to recognize them. They really look great, I'm not bothered with the photos :classic:

Brick on Gwail :grin:

First of all: Your photography is nothing to be ashamed of! I have to say that I like this one - the rear end in particular is very easily recognisable as a Gallardo. In general, I prefer your rear end designs to your front end ones - I don't quite know why, but they're certainly very good.

This is a great car, I love how you've done the doors and I'd like to see how the model looks when you're completely done with it. I also really like the fact that your cars accommodate the Friends Minidolls without any other compromises at all - they are all recognisable as the cars you intended them to be, with appropriate colours. For me this helps "normalise" the Minidolls more, and I applaud you for that, as well as your building.

Maybe you said something about your photos as others are commenting? Speaking as an RA teacher (ie a real stickler for pictures :wink:), I think your pictures are really good. They show your MOCs off really well, they're in focus and the colours and lighting are good. Most importantly, too, you've presented your MOCs against a white background, so we can see them so much better, so I really think you should feel good about your pictures. :thumbup:

I hope there will be more to come.

Another awesome street machine......I really like it, you have nail this one for sure 'Gwail'......Brick On Race On with your Friend's 'Gwail' ! :grin:

Another great car, the scissor doors are a nice feature, you don't see something like this very often at this scale. I even like the tire/rim combination here - both in black look quite nice for a Lambo.

The rear end is very well done, concerning the front I'd like to draw you attention to the great 6w+ Lamborghini Reventon from Dohoon Kim, built as early as 2009: http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/126123 Maybe tilting the whole frontend section would be an option here, too.

Looking forward to the next batch! :thumbup:

I'm really loving these six-wide creations - it's inspiring me to fire up LDD and try some of my own! :)

Thank you for so many comments, glad you like such version of Lambo!

First of all: Your photography is nothing to be ashamed of! I have to say that I like this one - the rear end in particular is very easily recognisable as a Gallardo. In general, I prefer your rear end designs to your front end ones - I don't quite know why, but they're certainly very good.

Well, maybe because the rear is less fancy curved and complicated ;). In fact, I spend much more time trying to make the good looking front (over 10 combinations for every MOC, especially Ferrari and Lambo), the rear is made very quick, sometimes I have only to figure how to stick smoothly the exhaust. There were less problems with roadsters, though.

all of your cars are great...and ldd files to share? :wub:

Sure, got 2 LDD files - for Mustang and Cobra (the second needs some update), will make it and share in respective topics.

This is a great car, I love how you've done the doors and i'd like to see how the model looks when you're completely done with it. I also really like the fact that your cars accommodate the Friends Minidolls without any other compromises at all - they are all recognisable as the cars you intended them to be, with appropriate colours. For me this helps "normalise" the Minidolls more, and I applaud you for that, as well as your building.

Maybe you said something about your photos as others are commenting? Speaking as an RA teacher (ie a real stickler for pictures :wink:), I think your pictures are really good. They show your MOCs off really well, they're in focus and the colours and lighting are good. Most importantly, too, you've presented your MOCs against a white background, so we can see them so much better, so I really think you should feel good about your pictures. :thumbup:

I hope there will be more to come.

Well, the Friends dolls always make some troubles, due to longer legs when sitting - they take so much space... but I like the challenge, as you've said, no compromises ;). Speaking of photography, I know a bit about it, so I know my pics "ain't bad", but there are some mistakes, the main was too small depth of field - happily I was able to make again some shots, so the final effect is satisfactory :). Oh, and please don't mind about "bothering", it wasn't serious (that joking emoticon at the end... :)).

Another awesome street machine......I really like it, you have nail this one for sure 'Gwail'......Brick On Race On with your Friend's 'Gwail' ! :grin:

Thanks, LT, I see I can always count on you :thumbup:!

Another great car, the scissor doors are a nice feature, you don't see something like this very often at this scale. I even like the tire/rim combination here - both in black look quite nice for a Lambo.

The rear end is very well done, concerning the front I'd like to draw you attention to the great 6w+ Lamborghini Reventon from Dohoon Kim, built as early as 2009: http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/126123 Maybe tilting the whole frontend section would be an option here, too.

Looking forward to the next batch! :thumbup:

Thanks, ER0L. I'm rather sure I've seen that MOC before, same about this Ford GT. I've even made the version similiar to the Reventon you've pointed (no tilting, only the surface solution, I've even hunted down pretty rare 2x2 transparent plates), but I wasn't satisfied with effects. It's clear I have to practise more.

The new wheels are tricky, they don't fit every MOC, you have to know when to use it. I wish TLG would release the reinforced wheel holder 2x2 plate, one-sided.

I'm really loving these six-wide creations - it's inspiring me to fire up LDD and try some of my own! :)

Glad you like them and good luck :)!

This looks really cool, but the Gallardo doesn't have scissor doors.

Thanks Nigthfall, I know it (now), I wanted to make a scissor doors car so badly, that I haven't even noticed it. I'll carry on with it, all in all, you can always customize them ;).

Another fantastic super car. Great job constructing its face, looks quite intricate. You friends figs must be living the good life :classic:

Great car mod and thoughtful idea. It's a color palette that wouldn't be in Friends line, and I'd love to see more fashion-forward cars for minidolls.

Jody Meyer, I've just posted the Shelby Cobra LDD file in its topic, if you're still interested. I've checked the Mustang file, too, but it's too old and messy, have to rework it, but not earlier than in 2-3 weeks.

Another fantastic super car. Great job constructing its face, looks quite intricate. You friends figs must be living the good life :classic:

Thanks! Indeed they do, luckily my younger daughter loves to play with them, so my wife tolerates the hobby ;).

These are stunning, whats next?

Well, I'm not sure, matter of free time and the funds, haven't building for few months. I'm thinking about something german :).

Great car mod and thoughtful idea. It's a color palette that wouldn't be in Friends line, and I'd love to see more fashion-forward cars for minidolls.

Thank you! Have you seen the other cars? Links below:

14541283676_d0eab6ac41_t.jpg 14551184925_5d319e05ba_t.jpg 14356400238_269d1fb81a_t.jpg 14385311427_d19b921517_t.jpg

It's really cool, with the door opened, and the car as a whole.

thanks, I have the cobra will be working on it today...can't wait for the others. :sweet::thumbup:

Edited by Jody Meyer

It's really cool, with the door opened, and the car as a whole.

Thanks, Yooha! The scissor doors arouse many controversies with this MOC, but hell, I had to make them :wink: .

I like the nose of this supercar but the whole MOC looks totally cool!

The back of the car is just perfect!

Many thanks, I'm glad you like it!

Marvelous job! Completely in design with the Friends catalogue. I'm lovin' it!

Thank you. However, it contains too few lime and violet pieces to fit the Friends line, I suspect :wink: .

thanks, I have the cobra will be working on it today...can't wait for the others. :sweet::thumbup:

I've just published the LDD file for Mustang GT-500. Let me know how is it going with Cobra. I'm still thinking about the update, including adaptation to the standard city minifigs :classic: .

All of your cars are great, and very reconizable. I hope to see you post more soon. It would be cool to see you try different types of vehicles like a minivan or something. :wink:

Excellent MOC, and instantly recognizable as a Lambo.

Do you take requests? How about a Porsche Boxster S? (in British Racing Green if possible) :sweet:

All of your cars are great, and very reconizable. I hope to see you post more soon. It would be cool to see you try different types of vehicles like a minivan or something. :wink:

Thank you! Well, I haven't considered any minivan so far (except the remade minvan from the Friends Summer Riding Camp for my daughter), but how about some SUV Coupé (or SAC - Sports Activity Coupé, as it's called by manufacturer) :wink: ?

14828915282_8b878961b0.jpg

:blush: Could you share the lxf file? :grin:

Well, yes, fresh file, still hot: gwl Gallardo LDD file. The LDD model is prepared for custom windscreen (made of riggid hose and minifig hands) - the original MOC is ready, waiting for the normal camera to make some good shots.

Excellent MOC, and instantly recognizable as a Lambo.

Do you take requests? How about a Porsche Boxster S? (in British Racing Green if possible) :sweet:

Thanks a lot :classic: ! Well, I'm considering making a Porsche, but I was thinking about 911 Turbo (the first version didn't survive interior quality tests ;)), however it's very difficult to make something looking good at least a half as the excellent model from Zeto Vince :wink: . Your Boxster S is a nice challenge, who knows, perhaps I'll take it - there are already some nifty solutions in my mind to check out. But rather don't count on such exotic color :classic: .

Awesome details and it's a beautiful car!

Many thanks, Behemoth :classic: .

Thanks a lot :classic: ! Well, I'm considering making a Porsche, but I was thinking about 911 Turbo (the first version didn't survive interior quality tests ;)), however it's very difficult to make something looking good at least a half as the excellent model from Zeto Vince :wink: . Your Boxster S is a nice challenge, who knows, perhaps I'll take it - there are already some nifty solutions in my mind to check out. But rather don't count on such exotic color :classic: .

A 911 would appeal to a wider audience; I am fond of the mid-engine setup the Boxster has. Plus, I have a green one. :grin:

I'd be happy to any Porsche along the lines of your other MOCs.