Sign in to follow this  
cesbrick

[MOC] Medieval Tavern

We are both new here! Of course I had to left a comment about your beautiful tavern here too. I loved the colors on it. I wish you many others creations and posts.

Very cool. As a recent recruit in GoH, I understand what you mean by the information load. I spent a lot of time looking at all the MOCs and back-reading the old threads from Book 1 before I ever joined. There's a lot to learn and you'll have questions as you go, but the group is very friendly and will answer anything. My gateway in was a progressive build project called Age of Mitgardia which encourages you to start with a basic build and then carry it through. Of course, I soon bit off more than I could chew with a ship project and then cross-built for another Guild's community challenge. Haha. Right now there's a relatively small challenge going called Mount Up!.

The big story stuff is in a holding pattern while the next chunk is prepared. It's a great time to start up with GoH.

We are both new here! Of course I had to left a comment about your beautiful tavern here too. I loved the colors on it. I wish you many others creations and posts.

Thank you Adolfo! :classic:

Very cool. As a recent recruit in GoH, I understand what you mean by the information load. I spent a lot of time looking at all the MOCs and back-reading the old threads from Book 1 before I ever joined. There's a lot to learn and you'll have questions as you go, but the group is very friendly and will answer anything. My gateway in was a progressive build project called Age of Mitgardia which encourages you to start with a basic build and then carry it through. Of course, I soon bit off more than I could chew with a ship project and then cross-built for another Guild's community challenge. Haha. Right now there's a relatively small challenge going called Mount Up!.

The big story stuff is in a holding pattern while the next chunk is prepared. It's a great time to start up with GoH.

Thank you for the information! Yes, the information is a little bit overwhelming. I'm trying to read as much as I can right now and I will soon mostly certainly join (if they take me of course) GoH. trying to decide which Guild to choose and what Sig Fig. :classic:

Such a beautiful build, there's so much to appreciate here. The half-timbered techniques you used are fantastic, as is the color scheme and the whole layout of the build. I absolutely love that old, crumbly chimney and those trees. Very nice job! You would be very welcome in the Guilds (especially if you went to the dark side!). I definitely look forward to more of your work!

Such a beautiful build, there's so much to appreciate here. The half-timbered techniques you used are fantastic, as is the color scheme and the whole layout of the build. I absolutely love that old, crumbly chimney and those trees. Very nice job! You would be very welcome in the Guilds (especially if you went to the dark side!). I definitely look forward to more of your work!

Thank you very much for yor kind comments. :) Glad you like it.

That's great! And fresh out of the dark ages too! You must've kept some of your building skill with you, huh!

Thank you!

Yes, I left dark ages in may after seeing Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory playing with the Star Wars Death Star! :classic:

Simply gorgeous!! :grin:

Thanks!! :wink:

Nice work - some excellent detail work there.

Thank you!

Edited by cesbrick

There is so much to love about this build but my favorite part has to be the way you solved the joining of the two different angled parts of the roof with the clip hinges and tiles. I may have to borrow that technique sometime as I have had trouble with that same issue. And you should definitely join GoH!

Thank you very much for your kind comments. And yes, I will join GoH very soon... :)

Good lord this is gorgeous!

Thanks!