Hey all!

First time I'm posting a MOC! I don't have a good camera, so I made the pics with my phone. Forgive me!

I wanna show you my grocery store. It's a small corner building in dark colors (mostly black, dark red and dark green). On the outside there are crates of fruits and vegetables, a tree pushing up the stones of the sidewalk, a dumpster around the corner, Chase McCain on patrol, and the entrances to the shop and the apartment above.

The roof plates will be replaced with a darker color, I was thinking dark brown or dark gray, but Kristel's suggestion of dark green got me thinking ;)

XfmSYMM.jpg

Inside the shop there are stocked shelves, a counter with a scale and a busy shop owner. What you can't see is the refrigerated area across from the counter and the restroom underneath the stairs behind the counter (even though the toilet is basically invisible, I want my buildings to be functional, and a place for the shop owner to lay a brick [badum tsh] is part of that)

UzT1Z1l.jpg

When we go upstairs, there's an apartment. First level is the kitchen (with toilet and laundry room), second the living room, and third the bedroom and bathroom with a small balcony.

YOYlIsK.jpg

I hope y'all like it! I've got some more MOCs I wanna show you when I get the chance!

[EDIT]

Just a few extra pics I had:

FLsbscl.jpg

Edited by Bennemans

I really like it. Especially the corner windows. Not sure about the red bricks around the windows and the grey plates on the top floor. But other than that I dig the dark color theme. Insides look superb! Do you have pictures of the back of the building?

Amazong!..just replace the grey plates at the top to white one and the red bricks arpund the windows to white too and there u go!...:-)

I really like it. Especially the corner windows. Not sure about the red bricks around the windows and the grey plates on the top floor. But other than that I dig the dark color theme. Insides look superb! Do you have pictures of the back of the building?

Those bricks are dark red, not red. I had to brighten up the photo in photoshop, so that's why it might look a little jarring. It's way more subtle irl, I assure you ;)

I feel the same about the roof; I wanna replace those plates with dark gray or dark brown tiles when I get them.

I do have pictures of the back, but they came out horrible!

Thanks for the compliments and critique!

Awesome MOC, it looks like it would fit well with the other tall LEGO building sets.

Lovely with those crates outside and all those things you can buy there. And the Fabuland sign :cry_happy:

This building has so much character! I really like how you have done the lower part of the building, with the details around the shopfront really bringing it to live. This interior is nicely done too, especially the kitchen and the bedroom. Well done!

Just one suggestion - maybe dark green plates for the roof would worker better than the grey ones?

Just one suggestion - maybe dark green plates for the roof would worker better than the grey ones?

Oooh! Dark green is a nice idea! I was thinking about using dark gray or dark brown tiles (as I've said before), but dark green is a great idea too! That would tie in nicely with the dark green shop windows and awning!

Thanks for the suggestion and the compliments! (especially coming from you, seeing as your work is a great inspiration to me ;) )