This is my newest Car, the Phantasm Twin Turbo. I have some new Titanium colored Chrome wheels and Medium Gray Backdrop Photo paper on the way, but I don't know when they'll get here, so I figured that I would post up a few pics of a new car that I have been working on for the last few months... The pictures are not the best because it is difficult to photograph white, which is why I had the gray paper ordered..I've been wanting to design a unique original Supercar in white with parts that were not too rare.... My goal was to avoid #4 connectors and 3L pins with stop bush... I only used 2 of the 3L pins and zero #4 connectors... There are Five 19L flexible axles though....In order to get a unique look for a new car, I had to try and come up with something different for the front end.. I had been playing around with figuring out the best way to get the small panels to line up together to form the headlight shape, which was a bit difficult because they are off 1/2 a stud both ways...I also wanted to come up with an whole new mechanism for scissor/butterfly doors that could be operated from the rear of the car.. These doors open in 2 stages at the same time both forward and outwards when you roll a 12 tooth bevel gear forward, and close them when you roll them backwards.. The gears are located on each side of the Hand of God 20 tooth Bevel gear behind the rear mounted V8 engine... The doors also use the new style steering arms for their "outwards" motion. I am going to add a GIF of how this mechanism works..The gearbox is based on the same one that was in my Vampire GT, but this one is not All Wheel Drive and the Hand of God steering passes through it rather than under or around it...I used the older style black hubs with the new steering arms on all 4 wheels... I also found a great use for this new piece 15100.jpgfor the H.O.G. steering in the rear 5 x 11 open frame liftarm and 2 of them for the sides of the windshield..Many of the body components are built in a modular style and simply plug into their proper location...I am probably going to change the white parts of the interior to tan because I think that there is just too much white.. I already have the parts ordered...I am really happy with how the lines in this model turned out.. I am going to try and start getting some build pictures posted in the next few weeks..

Edit: I got my Titanium Chromed Wheels in courtesy of Gábor Révai and they look absolutely Amazing... New Pictures have been posted 8-28-2014...

phantasm140.jpg

phantasm199.jpg.jpg

phantasm256.jpg.jpg

phantasm257.jpg.jpg

phantasm254.jpg.jpg

phantasm259.jpg

phantasm263.jpg

phantasm263.jpg.jpg

phantasm266.jpg.jpg

phantasm252.jpg.jpg

phantasm269.jpg.jpg

phantasm270.jpg

zdoor3.gif

zdoor4.gif

Edited by Paul Boratko

Great job as always, Paul. Can't wait to get my hands on the instructions. Very cool.... Better start stocking up on white now

Wow, that's one nice looking supercar! For some reason I like it is not a copy of any existing car.

I'd wish you found how to workaround those 19L flex axles.

You are truly a gifted designer, i love the look of the front and back. The amazing part for me is that you are able to create a cool looking car and not a rebuild of a specific car (which i also like

Wow, that is just beautiful.

I love the lines and it looks exceptional from every angle.

Interesting use of the 4L differential housings...

Your new car looks amazing overall as always,although I am not to fond of the front corners....their shaping does not tie into the rest of the car very well.

I am also not a fan of the gap at the back of the front wheel arch.

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

For me the hardest thing is to invent a car and make it look real, congratulations :thumbup: , I like front lights, I am waiting for the GIF and I want this new pieces they look very useful :sweet: .

I like the way you reuted the steering through the gearbox. I also really like the headlights, nice idea.

Instead of you making a model based on a real car, the car company should make a car based on your model.

Great design, just great

This is truly a master piece and your design of a not existing model is out of this world.

Perfect moc Paul :thumbup::wub::thumbup:

Beautiful car, i love the back lights and the black white color scheme. :wub:

I think it looks from the sides as a porsche carrera gt and from the back a crossing of a zonda and a 458 :laugh:

Also, i like the way you filled almost every gap with a panel :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Tibivi

The white car on grey background looks really menacing, the design is really nice and if the design was of a real car I'd really want to have one :grin:

Awesome looking car. Really great lines! Cool idea of running the HoG steering through the gearbox.

Pity that the past few weeks it seems there was suddenly a buying spree on white 19L's soft axles, because this car looks awesome in white. I remember looking at the axles a few weeks ago, because I wanted some spares (I got 6 on the Mustang) and perhaps built some cars of my own in white with it in the future and there were plenty on bricklink, but looks like no spares for me for a while.

Edited by Appie

It's interesting that you still use the 3L axle with stop instead of the new 2Lpin+axle part. Is there a reason for that? Maybe just easier assembly?