Sign in to follow this  
Concore

[MOC] Doctor Who: An Unearthly Child

Have you ever thought what it's like to be wanderers in the Fourth Dimension? Have you? To be exiles? Susan and I are cut off from our own planet - without friends or protection. But one day we shall get back. Yes, one day….The Doctor

1478670-Wsoftboxtardisall4-full_zps3e8546d1.jpg

1478682-WTotters_Lane_Tardis-full_zps619be5b0.jpg

1478775-WTotters_Lane_Minifig-full_zps06104071.jpg

All four minifigures are custom designed to represent the first ever Doctor and companions. The featured models were created in Bricksmith, converted LeoCAD, and imported and rendered in Cinema 4d, these images are some of set for project over on LEGO Ideas, you can go further into the history and check out the full proposal, or if you want to see this as a set, please vote for it there.

I like it. Well done :thumbup:

My only critique would be to give Susan Foreman longer legs, as she was about the same size as the adults in the episode.

Sweet! Love it! It would be neat to replace the coloured bricks with grey ones so it would be like the black and white episode! Nice job!

I can't explain what it is, but your Susan Foreman captures her face so perfectly. Not an easy thing to do in such a simplified medium!

Nice ! The scene is good, the figs are great, and the renders are beautiful. I think your Tardis is a bit too simple, but the rest is perfect.

Thanks for all the positive comments guys. It seems that this project has picked up a bit of media attention as it's been making the rounds on a number of Doctor Who fan and tumblr sites, and also featured on the frontpage of The Nerdist website, which is awesome!

My only critique would be to give Susan Foreman longer legs, as she was about the same size as the adults in the episode.

I did consider this, however because of her large hair mold when she's stood next to the Doctor she's taller than him, which just looked weird.

Nice ! The scene is good, the figs are great, and the renders are beautiful. I think your Tardis is a bit too simple, but the rest is perfect.

Thanks, I did try to pack in as much detail into the TARDIS without having to resort to illegal techniques, it was also important that the door functioned as well, there's no point having a TARDIS you can't get into. ^_^