Bob De Quatre

LEGO Sci-Fi 2014 Pictures and Rumors

That is good news. It means we will be able to aply stickers wherever we need on our MOCs. \o/

Exactly. While I can't say I prefer stickers (they do eventually wear out, more quickly than printing), I do appreciate their versatility.

Edited by rodiziorobs

Leg! :O

Never thought this day would come, but yes, I too am pleased with that news for the same reason.

We can therefore use the Classic logo stickers on any element in any colour.

We are getting the classic space logo sticker... ya :laugh:

I hope the stickers is trans around it and not having blue around the sticker because I really do not want to do some cutting.

very sad that there is no printing stickers suck and printing are great

I didn't quite mean to say that they took already designed Galaxy Squad sets and turned them into the other, but more that they figured that the hunger for space ships or buggish beasties could be satisfied by the other (and also that they wouldn't want another theme eating into possible Ninjago or Chima sales by having similar models).

A bit like releasing a Corsair ship or more in place of a line of pirate sets. "Hey, the pirate fans'll dig it"

I think it's more you are starting to be able to pick up on some of the design aesthetics of certain designers. And also the designers themselves will save and evolve design ideas. As an example Mark Stafford has worked on a lot of the recent Space and Action theme stuff over the past 6 or 7 years, starting with Agents or Space Police 3. If you look at a list of the sets he has designed or worked on you can easily start to recognize his design stylings. Not to say this is bad he designed some of the all time best modern sets. But you can see where he carries forward and evolves ideas. And yeah sometimes you do see things recycled in different ways. They had a second wave of Alien Conquest planned out and we have seen some concept art. Many of those ideas were rolled into Galaxy Squad and other themes. (That big blue squad tank drop ship clearly evolved from an AC design. The latest Ninjago waves always remind me a bit of Agents with a touch of AC.)

very sad that there is no printing stickers suck and printing are great

Agreed that stickers suck. I'd rather pay like $.25 more to cover the cost of printing those pieces.

Edited by danth

Has there been any news on the status of Galaxy Squad? I thought it was in the process of being retired? How much longer before sets fade from shelves?

Good news. We are getting printed pieces and stickers.

Awesome! Do you live in Canada, ghostmind?

That pic comes from ThriKr33n on Reddit, who (i think) was the one who first reported that SpaceshipX3 was available in his local LEGO store.

That pic comes from ThriKr33n on Reddit, who (i think) was the one who first reported that SpaceshipX3 was available in his local LEGO store.

Ah, must have missed that. Seems he's from Canada, though. Thanks!

couldn't find this topic maybe it should be pinned?

from http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-ideas-exo-suit-21109-pricing-revealed/

News coming out of Brickpicker from Ed is that the LEGO CUUSOO/Ideas Exo Suit will retail for $34.99. We already know that the release date will be sometime in August with the set number 21109. The LEGO Ideas team is finalizing the Exo Suit for the official reveal for sometime in the near future. Check out The New Elementary to see what the LEGO team has been working on.

Arghhh...

shipping date will be July 4th for (my?) Benny's Spaceship... They sold to fast for me!

Yeah, sold out in 1 day... not good. Been waiting for this set for months already.

Do you think Benny's Spaceship will be available for long? I don't want to risk waiting 6 months, and finding it's out of stock or something.

Do you think Benny's Spaceship will be available for long? I don't want to risk waiting 6 months, and finding it's out of stock or something.

It's selling like hot cakes (along with the Construct-O-Mech, but oddly enough the Police Dropship isn't selling as well as the other two from what I've seen), so I'm sure it will be around for a while. :classic:

It's selling like hot cakes (along with the Construct-O-Mech, but oddly enough the Police Dropship isn't selling as well as the other two from what I've seen), so I'm sure it will be around for a while. :classic:

I think there might be something about the MOC-like nature of the Construct-O-Mech that gives it a nice boost, plus some great play features, and there's a lot of pent-up demand for neo-Classic Space sets like Benny's Spaceship! (...). The Police Dropship, while certainly a very nice model, lacks that odd vibe.

Even though the Police Dropship has a nice minifig selection, it still feels expensive for what it is. There are so many other great sets in that same price range that I see people grabbing instead. Stuff like the Arctic Base Camp The Ultra Agents larger sets, etc. It just doesn't have the "must get now!" Vibe that the Spaceship has.

Even though the Police Dropship has a nice minifig selection, it still feels expensive for what it is. There are so many other great sets in that same price range that I see people grabbing instead. Stuff like the Arctic Base Camp The Ultra Agents larger sets, etc. It just doesn't have the "must get now!" Vibe that the Spaceship has.

Funny, because I'll be grabbing it as soon as possible. I won't be kragling mine though.

Funny, because I'll be grabbing it as soon as possible. I won't be kragling mine though.

... The Police Dropship, while certainly a very nice model, lacks that odd vibe.

As I said before, the Dropship lacks the "wow" factor of Benny's Spaceship!x3, but I have to agree with Artanis I's opinion. It is a good ship; it's just not quite as jaw-droppingly cool as the Spaceship, or at least not to me. And, since my Lego budget is a little sparse right now, I had to choose one or the other, and Benny one.

seeing as we have the next lego ideas set on the way any ideas (see what I did there) when we will see the Exo Suit and any idea how many they are making this might be one I have to grab as soon as I see it.

seeing as we have the next lego ideas set on the way any ideas (see what I did there) when we will see the Exo Suit and any idea how many they are making this might be one I have to grab as soon as I see it.

I almost get the impression that both the GB Ecto 1 and the research institute may have bumped ahead of it in release order. Just due to ease of converting them to a retail set. The Exosuit was really a fairly fragile and mostly static MOC that they are trying to convert to a sturdier more playable Mecha while still keeping the look and feel. They probably ran into design complications that are slowing things down. My suspicion would be that part of the delay was waiting for the new small ball joints to become more widely available for use in set design. But I thought I saw somewhere that it had been designed without them?

As far as how many they will make? Hard to guess, but if I had to speculate I would say at the lower end of the spectrum. Maybe somewhere around the Curiousity Rovers numbers. Definitely not in numbers like the DeLorean or Ecto 1. So buy it fast when you see it.

I almost get the impression that both the GB Ecto 1 and the research institute may have bumped ahead of it in release order. Just due to ease of converting them to a retail set. The Exosuit was really a fairly fragile and mostly static MOC that they are trying to convert to a sturdier more playable Mecha while still keeping the look and feel. They probably ran into design complications that are slowing things down. My suspicion would be that part of the delay was waiting for the new small ball joints to become more widely available for use in set design. But I thought I saw somewhere that it had been designed without them?

As far as how many they will make? Hard to guess, but if I had to speculate I would say at the lower end of the spectrum. Maybe somewhere around the Curiousity Rovers numbers. Definitely not in numbers like the DeLorean or Ecto 1. So buy it fast when you see it.

I thought that they announced that Ghostbusters bumped ahead of it to better coincide with the movie's anniversary?

Yeah I could understand Ghostbusters because of the anniversary and maybe the license had started so wanted to get in out there but they must have some big problems or plans for the research institute to get ahead of it. I say big plans because maybe they are waiting for a part like a new classic space helmet. The delay seems to mean they don't care about it that much or they are planning something bigger. Yes the Exosuit looked really fragile but how long would it take to fix that?