Bob De Quatre

LEGO Sci-Fi 2014 Pictures and Rumors

This thread is for discussing the 2014 LEGO Sci-Fi sets (including Galaxy Squad).

Stay on topic. Do not post fabricated information, which could lead to your account being banned.

If you find images stamped with a 'Confidential' mark, do not embed them.

Thanks.

70816 Benny's Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP!

70816_brickset.jpg

Go intergalactic with The LEGO® Movie Benny’s Spaceship, spaceship, SPACESHIP! with detachable wing flyers plus Robo Police interceptor.

Review on Eurobricks

Subtheme: The Lego Movie
Price: $99.99 USD

$119.99 CDN

899,00 DKK

€99.99 EUR

GBP £79.99

Pieces: 940
Minifigures: Benny, Robo Emmet, Space Wyldstyle and Robo Pilot, Astro Kitty
Sources: shop.lego.com

21109 Exo Suit

14667740331_a23f98232a.jpg

Unearth the LEGO® Ideas Exo Suit with posable limbs, opening cockpit, grabbing claws, intricate design, robot turtle and 2 minifigures.

Review on Eurobricks

Subtheme: Lego Ideas
Price: $34.99 USD
Pieces: 321
Minifigures: Pete, Yve, robot turtle
Sources: shop.lego.com

First "official" set of the year is 70816 Benny’s Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP! from the LEGO Movie:

ll-929sml.png

11599705254_fa55713074_c.jpg

Great work Bob :thumbup:

That classic spaceship is awesome! I will transfer this one to my "must buy" list :sweet::thumbup:

Don't forget about that Cuusoo Mech, Sci Fi based. I remember that it was passed to be made. Is Galaxy Squad going to continue? I was under the impression that it was canned, as no other info has surfaced about new set/s. As for the 919, Benny's Space ship, word's can not encapsulate how entirely spectacular it is. A day one purchase, I believe.

Edited by Dr Leg O Brick

Don't forget about that Cuusoo Mech, Sci Fi based. I remember that it was passed to be made. Is Galaxy Squad going to continue? I was under the impression that it was canned, as no other info has surfaced about new set/s. As for the 919, Benny's Space ship, word's can not encapsulate how entirely spectacular it is. A day one purchase, I believe.

I'll add the Cuusoo Exo suit to the first post when we'll have further information.

Looking at Benny's spaceship, it seems to have 2 small craft attached to the wings. And I'm wondering how the small grey engines are attached to the blue fins...

And I'm wondering how the small grey engines are attached to the blue fins...

Donut tile + Jumper plate.

No, I was speaking of this part. The jumper plate's stud goes into the hole, which allows to mount the engines upside down.

Edited by Leewan

No, I was speaking of this part. The jumper plate's stud goes into the hole, which allows to mount the engines upside down.

Oh ok... That's a new part I'm not familiar with... But I will :sweet:

That's fine, I just thought with you mentioning 2014 Space stuff, I'd put down the mech. Apparently, if I remember correctly from a post in The Lego Movie Topic, 919's nose cone detaches, the back acts as a sort of escape pod (I'll use it as a lab), and as you say Bob De Quatre, the far end wings look like they can detach, particularly if you look at the first pick, it looks like these small shuttles have foldable wings. With all this hype, and (Spoilers from the Lego Movie) the appearance of more Classic Space in the film (somehow), I'm hoping that we'll get a full blown come-back. Hopeless, I know, but I can still dream.

I'm praying those classic space slopes / wings are printed parts and not stickers... and also gold like the originals. Fingers crossed!

That's fine, I just thought with you mentioning 2014 Space stuff, I'd put down the mech.

I'm totally excited for the exo-suit, provided it has the classic white space man. Anything classic-space, or neo-classic space, is an insta-buy.

Apparently, if I remember correctly from a post in The Lego Movie Topic, 919's nose cone detaches, the back acts as a sort of escape pod (I'll use it as a lab), and as you say Bob De Quatre, the far end wings look like they can detach, particularly if you look at the first pick, it looks like these small shuttles have foldable wings. With all this hype, and (Spoilers from the Lego Movie) the appearance of more Classic Space in the film (somehow), I'm hoping that we'll get a full blown come-back. Hopeless, I know, but I can still dream.

There's never been a better time to hope for a Classic Space come-back, what with Benny's ship and the exo-suit, as well as Peter Reid's space book. Hopefully, if Lego prints those slopes, they'll look for more opportunities to use them!

Speaking of Benny's ship, it looks like there are two little folded up robots underneath the radar dish. Also I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned those "competition cannons" at the base of each wing.

I'm praying those classic space slopes / wings are printed parts and not stickers... and also gold like the originals. Fingers crossed!

Me too!

Seriously, this is the most excited I've ever been about Lego since I was a kid. Benny's spaceship is literally a dream come true. (Yes I have dreams about Lego making space sets again, quite often in fact.)

That ship is amazing and a must buy when it comes out. The directors of TLM were instrumental it seems in having CS heavily used in the film, apparently one of their childhood CS sets is going to cameo in it. :laugh:

The exo suit and more so the ship are so good that it looks like a great year for space even with no sign of a theme of its own and I fell odd saying that but 1 great set is better than 4 ok ones.

I'm wondering what set number Benny's spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! :) will get. I know Lego switched to a 5-digit numbering system, and 3-digit set numbers were abandoned long ago, but I don't think there ever was a set #929 - at least I found no info on a set with that number...

And they often sneak in the set number on the set itself, most notably on the classic LL918, LL924 and LL928 ships, 929s ancestors, so it would be really cool if they did that here, aswell.

Or at least chose something like 10929

Edited by Roger_Smith

I'm wondering what set number Benny's spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! :) will get. I know Lego switched to a 5-digit numbering system, and 3-digit set numbers were abandoned long ago, but I don't think there ever was a set #929 - at least I found no info on a set with that number...

And they often sneak in the set number on the set itself, most notably on the classic LL918, LL924 and LL928 ships, 929s ancestors, so it would be really cool if they did that here, aswell.

Or at least chose something like 10929

70816 :wink:

That must've just been a European thing.

In North America, the galaxy explorer LL928 set was # 497 (as opposed to 928) and the LL924 space cruiser (aka space transporter) was # 487.

Seriously, this is the most excited I've ever been about Lego since I was a kid. Benny's spaceship is literally a dream come true. (Yes I have dreams about Lego making space sets again, quite often in fact.)

Agreed. i hope that if this set proves successful enough, MAYBE just maybe that could be the catalyst to revive of a line of retro classic space. That would be so cool.

That must've just been a European thing.

In North America, the galaxy explorer LL928 set was # 497 (as opposed to 928) and the LL924 space cruiser (aka space transporter) was # 487.

Yep, it was.

Bummer on them not seizing this opportunity.

Edited by Roger_Smith

Very cool details. Interesting to see Uni-Kitty hanging out in the back of the ship - I hadn't seen that before (Though I'd notice Classic Space Uni Kitty in someone's signature).

Anyway - the more I see of the ship, the more I like it! Pitch-perfect design for a throwback ship.

Wow! Lego really pull out some old set designs and really get us hooked on new look! 1978 YELLOW CASTLE PLEASE! XD