Gwail

MOC - friendly Corvette 1957

Let Andrea take you today for the little time trip to the classic era, back in America!

There are some excellent Vettes' models, but I havent noticed this specific one in this scale - 6-wide Chevrolet Corvette 1957 convertible. This is the first non heavy duty car of my collection, due to the wheels mounting and fragile parts of body, sticked by one stud, like rear fenders. It was tricky to make the openable doors and maintain the thin gap between doors and rear wheels, but the final effect is satisfatory to me. Thanks to Aurie from Chrome Block City the car shines like a christmas tree, but it gives the required look, I think ;). My personal favourite.

Of course, there are still some disadvantages:

• Yellow 1x2 panels with the "foot holder" instead of white ones - quite rare in my country, on BL wanted list, obviously.
  • Central part of front bumpers - the red 2x1 plates with arms up are temporary, I'd like to take a try with the chrome knives in 1x1 horizontal clips, but still failed to hunt them down (there are so many single parts available in separate stores, can't afford to buy them all :)).
  • Wheels! Both look (I don't have experience with custom wheels, I have to take some lessons from the master ER0L ;)) and mounting - sticking via 1x1 round plate to the half-pin isn't too effective, I will have to research the possibility of using bars 3L / wheels on full pin.
  • Rear lights? Whooops... But hell, who needs them, the chrome exhausts look much better ;).

14385311427_d19b921517_c.jpg

14385311637_25e0250d4d_c.jpg

14591839663_1e4f8f70bf_c.jpg

14591838623_bc0713e8fb_c.jpg

14385119338_f44723571a_c.jpg

More shots on my flick page.

My previous presentations:

14541283676_d0eab6ac41_t.jpg 14551184925_5d319e05ba_t.jpg 14356400238_269d1fb81a_t.jpg

Yep, nailed it you did 'Gwail'.......totally perfect in style and colour......Brick On Race On with your Friend's 'Gwail' ! :grin:

As I said on Flickr: I think this is the best one you've posted yet. Lovely work!

Another very stylish car from you, packed with great ideas. That door design is especially nice, like this you can open and close the doors without problems. But it's all very well done.

Wheels: You definitely need some whitewall tires here ... :wink:

Thanks, ER0L, your constructive notes always have a great value.

Wheels: You definitely need some whitewall tires here ... :wink:

Right, exactly :). Can you help me a bit? I was thinking about something similiar to your Impala solution:

11887063345_74da3e11a4_n.jpg

The white wheels are #3139, right? And how about #132 put on it, will it be suitable? I'd like to maintain the 21 mm diameter of my #50861 tire, I've been already forced to make some room for the front rear (that's why my Vette seems to be lowered at the end).

This one may be my favorite. My grandpa had a '62 in these colors, though I never got to see it. This is still an awesome one to have. I live the detail in the chrome grill :classic:

Sorry, I missed your question concerning the whitewalls. Maybe something like this fits better (same diameter):

7020251727_25417aa483_n.jpg

This one may be my favorite. My grandpa had a '62 in these colors, though I never got to see it. This is still an awesome one to have. I live the detail in the chrome grill :classic:

Indeed, the car looks beautifully.

Looks great, and the chrome grille is lovely.

Thanks, I've seen many solutions and I wanted to make something fresh.

Sorry, I missed your question concerning the whitewalls. Maybe something like this fits better (same diameter):

Thanks, I've seen this solution, too, I will try it if others fail. I'd prefer something with pinned wheel hubs, it won't force me to rebuild the chassis.

Gwail, you should put your "friendly" cars on Lego Ideas. I can definetely see the potential for a lot of votes, as well as LEGO realizing this concept since the number of parts are fairly small. I would buy every single one of your cars if they were official sets. But if this is not going to happen, maybe you could sell lxf files/instructions?

Wow! You've really nailed the model.... So many good details, but I really like to mention the way you've done the headlights. With tha minifig back/neck bracket you've created a very subtle slope. First time I've seen this.