raven1280

MOC/MOD Blue Bonnet SantaFe with B unit

Just need to get some Santa Fe stickers and then she will be complete.

DSCN1170.jpg

DSCN1168.jpg

DSCN1167.jpg

Heres the real thing

atsf338.jpg

Cool! Very well done.

Is the windshield modification a customer sticker? How did you make it?

Guy on ebay makes and sells them along with the windows.

Link

Looks great indeed!! Very appealing colors! (Let me know if I can help you out with the logo's, see my signature).

Looks great indeed!! Very appealing colors! (Let me know if I can help you out with the logo's, see my signature).

Oh yeah. I planned to get them from you're site. Just waiting to have the money to order. I need a lot of fan stickers :).

Looks great! Maybe yellow handrails?

I may order some to try it out. I found a LGB gauge model that had black handles and thats what I copied. I originally planned to go with blue handles until I found out how much money they were.

(I can always make you a price)! as long as you don't send that grim reaper to us!

I'd be interested in stickers for this. A blue Warbonnet would look great pulling freight cars.

Very nice! Are parts easier to find in these colours than for the original Lego Sante Fe model?
Yes and no. There are no 1x3x2 doors in light blueish gray so I had to substitute some LBG cabinets where the doors go. The blue curves aren't easy to find either. If you were going to do the red bonnet the undercarriage would be gray and I believe the LBG train wheels are a little harder to find. Plus the windows would need to be custom or changed to match the LBG bricks. Edited by raven1280

All the MOC is well done, but the front is a very special part in this kind of train and I like it. It's hard sometimes reproduce it. Good job!

Yes and no. There are no 1x3x2 doors in light blueish gray so I had to substitute some LBG cabinets where the doors go. The blue curves aren't easy to find either. If you were going to do the red bonnet the undercarriage would be gray and I believe the LBG train wheels are a little harder to find. Plus the windows would need to be custom or changed to match the LBG bricks.

Ah, thanks. I managed to get one original Sante Fe, but considering building another set - just don't want to spend silly money trying to replicate it! The blue and yellow does look really nice though, so might tempt me!

Ah, thanks. I managed to get one original Sante Fe, but considering building another set - just don't want to spend silly money trying to replicate it! The blue and yellow does look really nice though, so might tempt me!

Yeah I was in my "dark ages" when the Super Chief came out. I'm now thinking about building the red bonnet out of light blue gray like the blue one or I might do a yellow bonnet train. That is if my wife doesn't kill me first for starting another train.

You model is really wonderful.

Thank you for inspiring me to build my own Bluebonnet! :thumbup:

Edited by Murdoch17

I have been wanting one of these for ages, even with moden parts the grey under carage is mega bucks, now I think this is the way forward.

Added Power Functions battery box and IR receiver to the B unit and motors to both the B unit and the engine. I had to remove the dark blue gray tiles to get everything to look right and rework the roof the fit the IR in the B unit. I like the look of the engine now. The addition of the yellow tile adds to the curve of the yellow line. I know its small but it seems to make a big differences to me.

DSCN1596.jpg

DSCN1595.jpg

DSCN1590.jpg

DSCN1589.jpg

Edited by raven1280