Gwail

MOC - friendly Ferrari Italia Spyder

There was already an american iconic muscle car and a classic roadster, now let me take you to the old continent, to the cradle of sports cars industry :). Here we go in Maranello, Italy, with one of the latest middle-engine cars - Ferrari 458 Italia Spyder.

Of course, one look is enough to notice, that it isn't the exact recreation, rather a "heavily inspired" MOC. The original shapes are too tricky, especially at this scale, so I've decided to take different principles - the goal number one was not to make the squary front-end. I've failed to recreate the exact shape of the bonnet and front lights (the huge mudguards didn't help at all ;)), so I've decided to make the car just low-profiled and smooth.

The rear part was tricky, too. The car's proportions forced me to make a half-stud offset - I've used over the dozen jumpers to make the rear (engine, axis and bumper) firmly fixed :).

As most of my MOCs, it was revised early in 2014, including use of 2x1 curved slopes and new style wheels - the first car I like their look - I've tried it with Cobra too, but it looked just ugly.

14541283676_d0eab6ac41_c.jpg

14563542332_815662e11e_c.jpg

14377695770_7fb7d580d4_c.jpg

14377786719_92cc6253c5_c.jpg

14377695400_72e80a4466_c.jpg

More photos on my flickr page.

My other presentations:

14551184925_5d319e05ba_t.jpg 14356400238_269d1fb81a_t.jpg 14385311427_d19b921517_t.jpg

Edited by Gwail

Excellent sports car......again, you'll need to make a showroom for them......Brick On Race On with your Friends 'Gwail' ! :grin:

It has the soul of the ferrari for sure but rather than an Italia It looks like testarossa to me

Awesome MOC Gwail! You have quite a knack for building great LEGO versions of these cars. I hope more are coming, maybe a Viper? :classic:

Excellent work! This looks great...I've seen a lot of car moc's similar to this but they had a "blocky" look to them, but yours is very smooth looking...you have talent.

Ah well, that's clearly a Ferrari. Lots of nice solutions. Love especially the rear, but the front section is done very well, too (rather yellow 1x1 round plate instead of black?). I'm not too fond of the new tire/rim combination, but here they work quite well.

Looking forward to more! :thumbup:

One hint: If you use the "Share this photo" function on Flickr (BBCode), clicking on the pic leads to the photo page on Flickr, not just to the pic.

Thanks again for all the comments, they're always warmly welcome :thumbup: !

Excellent sports car......again, you'll need to make a showroom for them......Brick On Race On with your Friends 'Gwail' ! :grin:

Thanks, LT, perhaps I'll order such room from my kids, I'd rather stick with car building ;).

It has the soul of the ferrari for sure but rather than an Italia It looks like testarossa to me

Yup, you're quite right (1984 Testarossa is my first Ferrari I felt in love ;)), I can even point you why you've got such feeling - straight front line of the car side view (no curve over the front wheel) and the 1x2 brick with grille behind the door, used irrationally ;).

Looks very swish. Nice use of the minidoll, too..!

Thank you, Tenor Penny!

Awesome MOC Gwail! You have quite a knack for building great LEGO versions of these cars. I hope more are coming, maybe a Viper? :classic:

Glad you like it, thanks! I've got many ideas of different cars, praying for enough funds and free time. I was considering Viper, too, but it's tricky to do it well in such scale.

Excellent work! This looks great...I've seen a lot of car moc's similar to this but they had a "blocky" look to them, but yours is very smooth looking...you have talent.

Thanks, that is always my goal, make the MOC eye-catching :).

Ah well, that's clearly a Ferrari. Lots of nice solutions. Love especially the rear, but the front section is done very well, too (rather yellow 1x1 round plate instead of black?). I'm not too fond of the new tire/rim combination, but here they work quite well.

Looking forward to more! :thumbup:

One hint: If you use the "Share this photo" function on Flickr (BBCode), clicking on the pic leads to the photo page on Flickr, not just to the pic.

Thanks, ER0L, I'm really content with the rear, too, the front is only "acceptable" (tried dozens solutions and combinations). In the very early version there was the 1x1 red plate on front, but in real Italia there is only a silver mark on the black background, so I've decided to make it black, too - the round shape is enough accent, IMO.

Thanks for the BBCode tip, I even didn't realize the forum script made the links from the images, I will fix it.

I was considering Viper, too, but it's tricky to do it well in such scale.

I can imagine. It doesn't have the sharpest or straightest lines :classic: