Sign in to follow this  
jaapxaap

Mount up!: Riding Nestor

Here's my entry for the mount up challenge: Riding Nestor:

14564163405_e17091594e_z.jpg

It's an "animal" that lives in the swamps of Nocturnus. most people are afraid of them, but there are some warriors that train them to fight or for transportation....

nobody knows the name of this kind of animal, I can only tell you that this one is called Nestor(because I was inspired by nessie the loch ness monster ^^), and that he loves Mitgardians...

... to eat

14560776091_2446849ed9_z.jpg

I hope you enjoyed,

jaapxaap

Edited by ZCerberus
spelling corrections

Very cool build. I really like how the nestor is moving through the swamp.

Very nice work! I like the half-submerged effect and Nestor, especially the tail. The red color is also an excellent contrast to the green swamp. Mmmm Mitgardians.

Edited by Scaevola

how cool is that?

WOW man! gonna use that design in my next large MOC ofr sure...

So cool. Great presentation too. So far these builds for Mount Up have felt like the definition of how these builds should be done. Does that make sense? I guess I'm saying that this is going exactly like I imagined it would!

Great curved effect with the body there! :thumbup: I'd like to know what happens when the serpent dives though... :grin:

Nice effect with the creature moving through the swamp :thumbup: I really like it's overall shape, but the perhaps head could have used a bit more detail. Great work with the lighting/photograpy too.

My Lego-ignorant girlfriend has just seen this and said it looks like the Loch Ness Monster! Great work, I love the curves- creative mount!

Great curved effect with the body there! :thumbup: I'd like to know what happens when the serpent dives though... :grin:

Exactly what I was thinking. Wouldn't the rider be diving under the water constantly?

I'm not a fan of this creature's diet, but I love the creature itself! Amazing work! Are those Mixel ball-joints in the middle section or some other piece I'm just not identifying right away?

everybody thanks for the compliments!!

Nice effect with the creature moving through the swamp :thumbup: I really like it's overall shape, but the perhaps head could have used a bit more detail. Great work with the lighting/photograpy too.

ehm... I made this photo with the 8MP camera of my smartphone :blush:

it's hard to train, but it's possible to let them swim without diving... (but with diving is funnier.... for the viewer.

Edited by jaapxaap

Great idea for the mount up challenge. I like the purple red colorscheme and the repeated patterns in the body and neck look really cool :thumbup:

Great idea, and you've portrayed it beautifully. I love this mount!