Sign in to follow this  
TheOneVeyronian

[MOC] Mighty Steed

14579554703_98d9a50daa_z.jpg

The other day I got the inspiration to try and build a horse out of constraction parts, so my numerous constraction figures actually had something to ride (other than motorbikes that were slightly too small or too large for them). What resulted is some vaguely horse-like alien creature which does fulfill it's purpose. As yet I haven't named the creation, so for now I'm calling it simply "Mighty Steed". I've decided it's a species of alien horse in my universe, which has 2 red and 2 green eyes, extremely thick lip hairs, long skinny legs and a typically black and dark red colouring. Their owners often equip them with silver or gold armour, especially around the front.

Here's some shots of Mighty Steed without a mount or rider:

14557826424_c05e39a693_z.jpg

14372778160_b726fb8ac6_z.jpg

14536378036_2d57a942e5_z.jpg

And some with a rider. The rider is an old MOC containing custom head and armour parts of mine which I frequently use as my avatar (if you remember Gigacranius, I used the same figure as a comparison shot), but it's not the focus of this MOC.

14559456205_c3034bd58b_z.jpg

14372854349_53b1530ec0_z.jpg

14558618012_ccd20fc085_z.jpg

That's all for now, please enjoy! :grin:

The head is reaaaally creepy. :laugh: And the legs are a bit too thin, IMO. But the MOC, overall, isn't bad.

The head is reaaaally creepy. :laugh: And the legs are a bit too thin, IMO. But the MOC, overall, isn't bad.

I do think the legs (the front more than the back) need a bit of extra bulk (but not too much, it is essentially a horse after all :wink: but it might be the rider's quite thick limbs causing the steed's to look thin, who knows?), but as is the way with the world, all my Technic 3M liftarms with ball joint are tied up in another, even bigger MOC. I can never ever have enough of those! :laugh:

If you want pictures with a different rider on it, I don't mind doing that either.

all my Technic 3M liftarms with ball joint are tied up in another, even bigger MOC. I can never ever have enough of those! :laugh:

I know the struggle... :laugh:

Actually, the rear legs are nice, but the front ones are really skeletal, I don't think it's in any way related to the rider. You could maybe beef up the shoulders with these (or even the Breakout variant). And then replace the #6 black armors with the #8 armors.

I know the struggle... :laugh:

Actually, the rear legs are nice, but the front ones are really skeletal, I don't think it's in any way related to the rider. You could maybe beef up the shoulders with these (or even the Breakout variant). And then replace the #6 black armors with the #8 armors.

That's a good idea, I just need to go and find some more silver torso armours to do just that (but I think this MOC has already used all the ones I had!). It'll also free the shin armours so I can then put them on the back legs. I shall give that a try tomorrow :classic:

legs are a bit thin, head is way too big, in my opinion, but it is a very impressive looking moc

just fix the legs, and make it a lot bulkier

I really like its head and torso. Legs are thin, but I think, that thanks to them, your Mighty Steed looks creepier :wink: Good work.

-H.unter

Edited by Hunter1

This is a really interesting moc. In fact, I think interesting would be the best way to describe it. It obviously has problems, and clearly isn't perfect, but the longer I stare at it the more I like it. If you were going for a straight up "creepy" look, I think you really nailed it. The odd proportions look physically impossible for a creature this size, and overall it gives a really "off" vibe, as in, it feels like something isn't quite right with it. For suggestions, I'd say that maybe focusing more on massing and shaping the moc would help, as it feels a big jumbled right now. Again, if that was the point, then you succeeded, but it really isn't that great of a look otherwise. I'd also say that making a longer and or larger tail would be worthwhile. I know that this thing stands already, but with that monster head it looks ridiculously un-balanced, so just in general, extending and thickening the tail, I think, would make it's design flow more naturally. I give it a 7/10. It's a REALLY interesting moc, and I'm very interested in seeing more 'rahi' flavored mocs from you.