Sign in to follow this  
MaxGoof

August Lego Store Calendar

The August 2014 Lego Store Calendar is up: http://www.bricksand...eleases-events/

August-2014-LEGO-Store-Calendar-196x300.jpg

I'm disappointed that we're only getting the Chima promo that's not the Phoenix in August. Maybe in September we'll get that one? I'm glad that we don't have to buy the full-size Mini Coop to get the Mini Mini Coop, though. The VIP Preview Set must be the Tumbler?

I almost was going to say the preview set was probably the other Ideas set The Exo-Suit. But I thought I read somewhere it was coming out August 1st...granted it isn't listed on this calendar so that can't be true either...

I really wish Lego would do just one type of promo for all regions rather than try to be specific. I understand how they cater to regions as they think different promos might sell better in an individual region however I think TLG is selling themselves short. TMNT may be more popular in North America but I would prefer the European promos. They should just do a promo each month to cover all the bases. That way AFOLs and kids can get access to all the polybag promotions over the course of the year.

I am finding it difficult to acquire certain polybags in my city as we only have one Toys R Us and they rarely have much of a selection. For instance they are still trying to unload the creator polybag turkey from last year!

Nothing worth getting from the store in August. I'll buy a few sets to get the special TMNT figure this month and jump over next month. I have a feeling I am going to be buying both trains when we get those double VIP points.

I guess with the Star Wars sets in August I'll be getting a couple mini-mini coopers. No sense in waiting till later in the month for the chima figure though...

At least this means I can save more $$$ for October. :P

With them having a free item at $50.00 and one at $99.00, does that mean you would get *both* with a 99 dollar + order? Sorry - I haven't seen a double promo month since I started collecting Lego.

With them having a free item at $50.00 and one at $99.00, does that mean you would get *both* with a 99 dollar + order? Sorry - I haven't seen a double promo month since I started collecting Lego.

I would imagine so, but pay attention to the timing windows on both. And consider the possibility that supply could run out by the time the second polybag becomes an option.

Wow purchases over 50$ for the Chima figure. Yesterday I went to the store, and here in Belgium you get that figure for purchages just over 20 euro...

How does this differ from the Uk? Was thinking of taking my daighters to the free build, but I thought it was a Thursday.
Hi, you can check UK calendar here