gallery_2351_18_164.gif

It's been a while since I've posted here, due to a focus on other creative hobbies. But with the release of the first two Star Wars Rebels sets, it was time for me to dive into my legos again and improve on the official builds. I really dig the design of the characters and the Ghost, which once more is a spaceship with a lot of character. My goal was to keep the size and not make the model bigger, because I like the size of the official set - it's small enough to be handled but big enough to have it look like a huge vehicle. I mean, it's bigger than my modified AT AT.

So, while keeping the size, I fiddled with making the plating less messy, integrating the docked Phantom more smoothly into the Ghost, and correcting some proportions - especially in the front. The latter entailed moving the gunner bubble on the nose and the cockpit canopy 2 studs forward to make the raised area between cockpit and the gun turret on top longer. This created more room in the accessible area behind the pilot seat, so that the Ghost can now transport more minifigs.

Checking the first finalized renders of the Ghost on the internet, I also added a white 'ring' where the transparent front gunner bubble connects to the fuselage. I also used longer, steeper slope bricks for the geometric shapes on each side of the front gunner bubble.

Last, but not least, I added fully retractable landing gear, as such a huge ship should aleays have.

I hope you like it - in any way, please comment, criticise or make suggestions:

GhostExterior1.jpg

GhostInterior.jpg

GhostLandingGear1.jpg

I was wondering how long it would take somebody to get their hands on one of these and mod it. I love that you added a landing gear (pictures please? :sweet: ). I agree that the Ghost is a really great ship; it looks very appropriate for the OT period.

Now that is an improvement! you made a vehicle that I didn't like look good, if lego made it like this I may have been tempted to buy one, nice job.

I would also like to see the landing gear.

The "messy" plating doesn't bother me in terms of making the Ghost feel more weathered, but the modifications you've made to the nose/cockpit area are very nice indeed. Good work!

Got and built this set yesterday, straight away added some rudimentary landing - makes all the difference when displayed!

Edited by pedro

Sorry for posting this so late, but can I get more pictures of it? I'm interested in modding my ghost to make it look like that.