Sign in to follow this  
Athos

Indy Lego !!

Truly a work of art *wub* That whip seems to be in a different position...how awesome would it be if the whip was posable? *sweet*

The colour (or color if you are from the US X-D ) of the legs seems to be different compared to those that we know. It looks like they are made in some sort of soft light brownish tint. 8-

The colour (or color if you are from the US X-D ) of the legs seems to be different compared to those that we know. It looks like they are made in some sort of soft light brownish tint. 8-

Firstly i thought why not have the Young Indy train scene from the begining, train sets are always cool and to have an indy one with zoo animals too would be great.

That sounds indeed like a neat and amicable set idea.... *y*

Especially as a RC train set it would offer a lot of playability.... I guess I just would buy it. :'-)

Circus on!

Truly a work of art *wub* That whip seems to be in a different position...how awesome would it be if the whip was posable? *sweet*

Well, the first image was CGI.

But I also hope that the whip is one of those wires encased in plastic and poseable like those bend-em type toys. Not great for continual rigorous play, but great for posing and displaying.

Edited by jp-30

Great ideas, Autobob. I especially like the ones with planes. *wub* I love planes. :-P They would be awesome...

Now, the fig! Looks awesome, the new face is great, I wouldn't mind one in yellow though, we might see one in future City sets or something. The whip is cool, and we now have an 'official' whip piece, rather than that old so called 'whip'. The new hat is great, and can be reused in a variety of other sets, not just future Indiana ones. *y* The torso design is cool, although I'm not too keen on the leg prints. That's the only thing I don't like about this fig, as when you move the legs it distorts it. :-/ Other than that, great fig. *y* Besides, you can always replace the pants. Then again, it'll be hard trying to find plain pants in dark tan. :-(

I love the new fig!!! *y* *y* *y* *wub* *wub* *wub* Its parts could be used to make a Dr. Jackson fig! (from Stargate)

i might go buy that motorcycle chase set, just for fig and the bikes. >:-) >:-) >:-)

Thank you 007 for the pic. I *wub* the look of the minifig. I definitly cannot wait to see the new sets in 2008. I hope the whip will be posable too. That would be an awesome feature. TLC really did a good job at making the minifig look like IJ. I can't wait to see what other minifigs TLC will release with the IJ facial hair look. A definite new minifig look is on the horizon.

I absolutely love that figure! I am really excited about the 3 new bricks already shown! And I can see a lot more new bricks in the works for IJ! I can also see that satchel being used in more places than just this line! And that fedora? Perfection! And the whip? I have to agree with jp-30 about the positioning. Either way, this is going to be a sweet line! :'-)

That Indy fig is so great. I love the satchel, and I can see that having as being quite a fan-favourite piece in the future. The new hat is good, and the printing on the torso and legs is nice. As far as the whip's concerned, it'd be good if it was posable, but it's a nice design anyway so I'm not bothered either way.

That sounds indeed like a neat and amicable set idea.... *y*

Especially as a RC train set it would offer a lot of playability.... I guess I just would buy it. :'-)

Circus on!

Great ideas, Autobob. I especially like the ones with planes. *wub* I love planes. :-P They would be awesome...

Thanks for the feedback guys; the sets you both mentioned were my favourites too. plus Iamded i thought that a set from last crusade of the dog fight between the two planes after the escape from the zepelin would be awsome too.

i think its about time we got a few old skool plane sets. starfighters and airliners are good but oldfashioned ones would be nice. there is Scarecrows biplane from the batman theme i guess.

Great find 007, the new fig is simply stunning.

Thanks! It's my pleasure, my Lord!

Great find 007 8-

Hello everybody!

I'm not very interested in Indiana Jones Lego sets.

Nevertheless I found some interesting news while browsing www.lego.de:

http://www.lego.com/deu/info/default.asp?p...=&archive=false

And here the same article - but in English:

http://www.lego.com/eng/info/default.asp?p...=&archive=false

Since I have not browsed this forum very much this news might be not new for you - but perhaps yet?!

I'm not sure about the set ideas...

Golden fertility thing and boulder, yes...

There are a few sets that seem to make sense, but once the fourth movie is out - what then? Where are the onward opportunities?

I love the Indi figure but I'm not sure what else they can really achieve long-term with this.

In a similar way I think it's why Superman would never really work for Lego despite how awsome the mini-fig is/would be!

(I'd love a future Batman set to include Superman though)

Since I have not browsed this forum very much this news might be not new for you - but perhaps yet?!

Its been old news but tks for pointing that out ;-)

And you should be ashamed of not beeing n Indy Lego fan X-D :-P

*yoda*

I wonder who will be doing the chasing in the Motorcycle Chase set... or who will be stealing the treasure in the Race for the Stolen Treasure set...

Why can't we just have JT and avoid all of this mess...?

Steve

Truer words were never spoken.

While I like the fig, it is a fleshie, and hence will never see the light of day in my constructions (some of the parts and accessories will, of course, but the face and hands go into the "fleshie bin").

Other than that, I have a hard time getting excited about any of this. Yet more cruddy vehicles, yet more snakes, spiders and scorpions, but I don't smell anything that looks like a fun build, or anything original. Hell, they are just going to recycle a bunch of Egypt, Orient, etc parts anyway.

It doesn't seem to me that recreating movie scene dioramas is the way to go with Lego. And while obviously Lego has extensively test marketed this idea (I hope...), I am not sure what the crossover is from old Indie fans (who will now be 30-40 years old) to the current Lego buyers. I think they are just fishing to a Star Wars replacement and have a good relationship with Lucas, so it was easy to do this. But you can't compare this to Star Wars in terms of the potential for interesting constructions.

If they kept JT and crew sets would be less expensive or better for the same money (no licensing fee).

And what's the future of this theme? In contrast to the Adventurers, who have great history, backup merchandising, web site games, and lots of loyal fans (well, at least 3 I know of including myself :-) ).

I've shut my mouth about this so far, and I promise I will shut up about it after this post, but seriously I think this entire theme is a waste.

I've shut my mouth about this so far, and I promise I will shut up about it after this post,.

That would be so awesome if you did :-)

[quote name='badgerboy' date='Jul 5 2007, 02:21 PM' post='171461'

(I'd love a future Batman set to include Superman though)

unfortunately lego dont have a licence for any non-batman characters so supes is out for now at least. we could however get some bat chicks in the way of Oracle, Huntress and Batgirl though.

As for the Indy lego bashing above; as i have already pointed out in an earlier post there is a lot of scope in the Indy movies for some truly great sets. those are long films with a whole lot of stuff i dont recall seeing from lego before such as wwII era tanks and planes as well as train sets and zepelins.

As for the complaints over the fleshie figs though, i think that may be a different argument for a different day.

Can't resist.

"Those are long films with a whole lot of stuff i dont recall seeing from lego before such as wwII era tanks and planes as well as train sets and zepelins."

Zepelins?

WWII era planes?

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/2879

or

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/5925

or

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/5928

or

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/7420

OK. That really was my last post.

PS.

They ain't gonna do tanks.

Now I'm done.

Really.

Promise.

kind of like the above stuff there but, a. more detailed, b. bigger, c. not crappy little bi-planes.

we do need some good sets in that style. and as for the tanks, Bat tank, mobile defense tank? i agree that they probably wont make it due to the whole no war thing, but that is bending what with star wars and the new guns found in both the star wars and bat man sets.

Hey, what's wrong with the bi-planes? I have this set and I think it's fantastic! My friend has this and the other yellow one and they're awesome too! However, I think the blimp is pathetic. Really. It needs to be a main set, and a lot bigger. Like a UCS or something, that'd be sweet.

Hey, what's wrong with the bi-planes? I have this set and I think it's fantastic! My friend has this and the other yellow one and they're awesome too! However, I think the blimp is pathetic. Really. It needs to be a main set, and a lot bigger. Like a UCS or something, that'd be sweet.

An UCS zeppelin would be excellent :-) And I'm in general carefully optimistic about Indy lego, even though they will be fleshies..

As for what other IJ-themed sets we could get I'm not sure.. been too long since the last time I saw the movies I guess.. :-$