Sign in to follow this  
Athos

Indy Lego !!

I think your pretty much stop on with that set mate, i cant see any other way that it could be done.

Hey i wonder if indys dad with have that umbrella X-D

*yoda* *vader* I agree. But why would they call it motorcyle chase? If it's just the one motorcycle and the side car I think they should call it leisurely motorcycle drive. The umbrella? They had better! >:-(

Umbrella on!!

Seen the new Castle Troll Mine set?

7036.jpg

Bring on the Mine Chase from Temple of Doom.... |-/

Seen the new Castle Troll Mine set?

7036.jpg

Bring on the Mine Chase from Temple of Doom.... |-/

yep ;-) Check the front page :-P And I'm sure a temple of doom mine chase would fit well, but I doubt we'll see one so soon after this mine set....

yep ;-) Check the front page :-P And I'm sure a temple of doom mine chase would fit well, but I doubt we'll see one so soon after this mine set....

The "seen the new" was kinda rhetorical! And as the first 2 waves of Jones' sets are announced, obviously we won't be hearing of / seeing any new ones for quite a while. Just the fact they've made these mine cart molds bodes well though.

Anyway, some interesting, and not at all unexpected news from Badger on Fineclonier.com

I wasn't present for the The LEGO Company Q&A, but Armothe gave me the skinny on their response to the biggest question we've all had as of late: how will they handle German figs in the new Indy sets? Answer: they're not. No soldier figs at all, and no elements associated with them. It's a decision I agree with for a few reasons. While it's somewhat of a cheat, it avoids what would have undoubtedly become a controversial issue ("The figs aren't accurate!" "This fig is offensive and not in keeping with company policy!") and keeps the focus on the adventure aspect of the character rather than the surrounding historical context the films.

Sorry, my mistake :-$

That's very interesting news! It takes a lot out of the sets but...what will they do to represent the "bad guys"? Most of them were Nazis afterall...just not wearing the same uniform. Does that mean a theme without enemies?

The 'generic soldiers' were just background goons, really. So long as you have Toht, Sallah, Aircraft Mechanic and a truck driver or two, you've got most of the main Raiders scenes covered.

Similarly for Crusade, you need Elsa and Donovan. The rest of the scenes (Zeppelin / Nazi Rally excepted) just have Nazis as background goons.

Anyway, some interesting, and not at all unexpected news from Badger on Fineclonier.com

I wonder who will be doing the chasing in the Motorcycle Chase set... or who will be stealing the treasure in the Race for the Stolen Treasure set...

Why can't we just have JT and avoid all of this mess...?

Steve

I wonder who will be doing the chasing in the Motorcycle Chase set... or who will be stealing the treasure in the Race for the Stolen Treasure set...

In both cases, I'd say "Truck drivers", (if there even is a 2nd vehicle in "Motorcycle Chase. It is just a $10 set after all).

Why can't we just have JT and avoid all of this mess...?

Steve

Um I would suggest this guy to drive

Link

:-P

Sorry couldn't resist not being serious

Probably just a generic fig like this guy

He is friendly and has a smile on his face,the perfect bad guy

He may not look mean and tough but everyone has an evil side >:-)

Piranha

Edited by Piranha

The 'generic soldiers' were just background goons, really. So long as you have Toht, Sallah, Aircraft Mechanic and a truck driver or two, you've got most of the main Raiders scenes covered.

Since when is Sallah one of the bad guys? What about Belloq and Dietrich?

In any case, I agree with the Nazi soldiers being mostly background characters. If Lego doesn't do them, it should not be too much of a problem.

Although this pretty much prevents us from ever getting the Ark-opening scene. Without all those ready-to-be-grilled Nazis it'll be pretty empty.

I think you're right, John Cleese.

It'll be like this:

Imperial_Officer.jpg

And maybe this for some people:

Imperial_Shuttle_Pilot.jpg

They kinda look like what you linked to John cleese,

but without the 'Stache.

I was joking :-P (i typed hitler into the google search bar.) You expect the link to lead to something non-nazi when infact its the furhur himself.

No?

ixs003.jpg

Actually, I was talking about the middle part. The belt decals have been there for a while.

Is it me or is lego sucking lately the 2008 star wars sets arnt good and now no generic soilders. Its like monkeys are making there concepts. Sure the nazis dont take the main villain role but who is guarding the ark the guy is supposed to drive the truck if you ask me thats kind of dumb. At least give us this guy with a gun or this guy.

Edited by lukeiamyourfather

I'm really looking forward to these, and I have a feeling that these sets are going to turn out rather well. And I look forward to getting some of those new minifig parts. The new hat and satchel pieces are perfect for Civil War minifigs.

Great find 007, the new fig is simply stunning. These sets just cant come soon enough for me. *wub*

Ah crap, I was about to post that >:-( ;-) . The fig sure looks nice. His vest seems to be a lighter color here than in the CGI pic |-/ .

Not the same head as Han Solo, nice head, nice clothes, very nice Hat and Bag ( also for shopping City ladies), whip is ok

Overall *y*

I think I maybe will pick up the smallest set for this nice fig

I recently spent some time in the torture chamber; while i was there i had some time to reflect on the indy line and came up with some ideas for extra sets. Although as i dont work for Lego they are just a bunch of lovely 'what if' ideas, please all let me know what you think.

I figured that as TLC are making four sets for the new film why not have four for each. Here goes:

Raiders of the Lost Ark.

in addition to the three sets already named we could have a set depicting Indys fight around the plane in the dessert. It could include an X-wing scale model of the aircraft, and maybe a few oil barrels, and four mini-figs; Indy, Marrion, Generic Pilot and the legendery Pat Roach.

Temple of Doom

As there are no sets named for this movie yet i got full range.

To start we could have a Shanghai chase set from the begining of the film, wich could include two classic cars, mini-figs of Willie, shortround and indy as well as a few bad guys.

The escape from the plane over India, another X-wing scale set again with Indy, Willie and Shortround as well as the planes escapee pilots. maybe with the yellow dinghy for the landing too.

As JP-30 mentioned there is a lot of scope for a mine cart chase set too, i know its a bit soon for them to re-use the dwarf cart molds but that would be good.

Finally a small set from the end of the film depicting the temple itself, you wouldnt need much; just the alter and the cage and ofcourse a shirtless Indy figure.

Last Crusade

This is without doubt my favourite Indy film and has so many possibilities but i narrowed it down to three ideas.

Firstly i thought why not have the Young Indy train scene from the begining, train sets are always cool and to have an indy one with zoo animals too would be great.

The tank scene. this could be really good, it could consist of a well detailed tank and a hand full of figures to fight on and around it.

Finally we could have a Batcave scale set of the tomb from the end of the film. it could include a frontage, the passage and the grail room. you could have a lot of fun with the gimmicks for this set and best of all it could have a good old fashioned Lego Knight mini-figure.

Whew... as i said i had a lot of time to think of all that and purely in the interest of resaerch i sat down and watched all three films over three days to come up with better ideas.

Thanks for reading