Sign in to follow this  
Athos

Indy Lego !!

I think they will print the belt itself on the hip part, and with the bags and stuff on the legs. Doesn't that sound realistic? :-/

nono - THAT belt (on the hip part) has to keep Indys trousers up! 8-

It was a totally off-topic conversation, but here it is with some more details ;-) :

TT commented on my quick change of avatar, and I told him that I was kinda bored by the old one, because it reminded me of my soon to come exams. Im having a biology exam on the 26th of june, but I've allready had several annual tests; Math was today and I got a 12, which is the highest possible grade that you can get :-P No offence, I just wanted to let it out X-D

Crap X-D and I thought it was really Indy related :-P

Anyhow, good luck on these exams ;-) Nail them !!

And to come back on the CGI pic: the Batman MF was first shown as a CGI and the actual Lego MF came really close and was as good, therefore i am really confident that this line will rock big time 8-

Those are some beautiful molds! I don't know which I'm more surprised about, the new whip (which wasn't really needed but is nice nonetheless), or that hat (which is a thing of beauty *wub*).

I hope they really give this license their all, and since this is an LFL license, they might!

I'm loving the look of this. Even from only the first fig glimpse. I just hope they can do this series the justice it deserves.

I had decided to stay away from licensed sets and i was successful at it so far.

Now this looks like a challenge. :-)

Regarding the nazis, i've seen the Indy trilogy quite a few times and honestly have a hard time remembering them... but i remember oh so well the tension-packed action scenes full of exotic buildings, characters and locations. That's what LEGO will focus on for sure !

The nazis in the movies were merely mock-up nazis. LEGO will make a mock-up of those and we'll have some basic bad guys i guess (with maybe and at best a new grin for them). Don't even think of military style uniforms and weapons. To be honest, i hope they'll be regular LEGO bad guys. *sweet*

This is really exciting news and we now have months ahead of us, to speculate on what's in it / what's not in it / get all crazy commenting on the least pic update from LEGO. X-D Sounds good ! ;-)

I hope we get a Sallah figure with a fez...

That would be cause for a fez-tival... X-D

Steve

Three things I like about this:

1. I love, love, LOVE Indy! I also love, love LOVE Lego! A combination of both is just grand.

2. When I think of all those 1930s style vehicles we'll be getting (cars, trucks, motorcycles, hopefully planes later on), I get misty-eyed.

3. That Indy minifig is brilliant. Period. Can't wait to see Marion, Henry Jones, Belloq, Toht, Sallah, generic Nazi bad guys and many more.

One thing I don't like:

A Well of Souls set priced $19.99? That's just roughly 200 bricks... Come on Lego, we need at least one of those enormous jackal statues!

One thing I'm hoping for:

Sets from The Temple of Doom. We absolutely need Club Obi-Wan (with Indy wearing a white tuxedo), the mine car chase, and of course a 1000-piece set of the Temple itself!

2. When I think of all those 1930s style vehicles we'll be getting (cars, trucks, motorcycles, hopefully planes later on), I get misty-eyed.

I think there's a chance we could get a plane in the Temple Escape set. Indy escapes in a plane at the end of the scene.

I think there's a chance we could get a plane in the Temple Escape set. Indy escapes in a plane at the end of the scene.

I thought about it also... but for 50$ I am not sure if they manage it to have the rolling boulder trap and the water-bi-plane sitting two people... but it would be great!

With the first 4 sets they focus a lot on Raiders - and I wonder if they plan to release more the years after?

There is a lot they could do but it is not like SW, HP or Spiderman that brought

1. always new movies and dvds

2. have a wider range of popularity (esp. SW..)

some ideas:

Raiders:

Flying Wing *wub*

Temple:

Shanghai Car Chase

Flight Plane

mine cars

elephant journey

Last Crusade:

Venice Boatchase

Dogfight Planes

German Castle Playset

Tank

:-)

go Indy!

Why does LEGO need to pay licensing for Indy when they have the Adventurers theme?

Because the hype generated by the new Indiana Jones movie will generate way more in sales in an official IJ line than a cash-in Johnny Thunder line could even dream of.

It's very basic marketing.

I thought about it also... but for 50$ I am not sure if they manage it to have the rolling boulder trap and the water-bi-plane sitting two people... but it would be great!
It's very possible; the Hoth Base is $59.99, and that's due to some more rare molds (those ice mound things). I would be in love if it does come with a plane. *wub*

Thanks legomilk! Excellent find!

That looks great. I especially love the hat; that is going to be soooooo useful. (Unlike multiple batmans...)

I am over the whole flesh tone thing. It used to bother me, but it doesn't anymore. I think Lego really had no choice once the started showing figures based on real people. If they didn't re-colour them then they are saying in effect that the yellow guys are white and thus Lego look racist. This way they can keep the yellow ones without offending anyone... at least that is how I see it.

Look at that-- I character, with some of the best body parts and accessories LEGO has ever made! Look at the...uh, er...everything! The only thing that isn't 100% spectacular is the head, which is still pretty cool. I want the minifigure right now!

Thanks legomilk! Excellent find!

That looks great. I especially love the hat; that is going to be soooooo useful. (Unlike multiple batmans...)

I am over the whole flesh tone thing. It used to bother me, but it doesn't anymore. I think Lego really had no choice once the started showing figures based on real people. If they didn't re-colour them then they are saying in effect that the yellow guys are white and thus Lego look racist. This way they can keep the yellow ones without offending anyone... at least that is how I see it.

But they already integrated black figs into non-license system, so doesn't that kind of have the same effect? I'm almost positive there was a black fig driving either a medical truck, or a prison transport truck...looking

Edit:

The picture is DOWN. Did anyone save it?

Edit 2:

They just moved it. I updated the link to it earlier in this thread, and on the mainpage so we don't just get an error of "IPB image"

Edited by Starwars4J

This is truly the best Lego news I heard in a long time. I haven't seen any pictures yet (appears that one or more may have been shared in this thread previously), but just the set descriptions sound terrific.

I have to say that I'm a little surprised that Lego will be doing another Adventurers-related theme after talking with a Lego rep last year who said it would be a long time that Lego would re-visit an Adventurers theme based upon the unpopularity of the Orient Expedition Theme (although I loved the theme). I suppose that the movie changes all of this.

I personally think that the sets will be somewhat along the line of Adventurers to appeal to the children Indiana Jones fans. I must say; however, that I can't wait to see the sets as they will most definately include pieces that the old Adventurers theme did not offer.

But they already integrated black figs into non-license system, so doesn't that kind of have the same effect? I'm almost positive there was a black fig driving either a medical truck, or a prison transport truck...looking

The only black guy in a set with a medical/prison truck that I recall is in Arkham asylum. I just flicked through my catalog collection and the NBA figs in 2003 (Australian catalogs and thus Australian dates) seem to be the first time they used black and flesh, then spiderman went peach/black in 2004 (4857 has a black ambulance driver), Harry Potter went flesh in 2004, and Star War converted in 2005. To my knowlege the only set with a black head and a yellow head is Cloud City.

http://www.peeron.com/inv/sets/10123-1

But I could be wrong...

They included African American people in the Spiderman 2 sets, 1 as a police man and 1 as the ambulance driver. Also, I think in the latest police line they included African American officers. With the riot vest and glasses.

Back on topic, I am really looking forward to seeing pics of this new line. I might have to stray from the Castle line and get a few of these. :-D

From the initial set list, I'm really looking forward to at least seeing the sets.

Let's be honest, they couldn't do it and not have the boulder trap could they? The motorcycle chase should be good too, especially if it's a good motorbike and sidecar design. A WW2-era motorbike would be really cool.

And if the final fig looks like that CGI mock-up, then we're on a roll. Especially if it has that pounch-thing. *wub*

This theme could turn out to be quite greatastic. I wonder if TLC could get in trouble if they made nazi minifigs?

Having seen the new Indy minifigure, I need to take back what I said earlier.

I am actually becoming excited for this line now that I can see that Lego isn't cutting corners and recylcing the Adventurer's line like I originally feared! :)

I've rarely been so glad to be wrong!

Hey Ya'll

I think this theme will have great potential for the Adventurer line! I am really excited about it, especially now after seeing the first MF image :-)

As a German, the possibility of Nazi MFs concerns me a bit too. I think though, if we get bad guy MFs, LEGO will probably make them generic looking, just like someone here already mentioned.

Another thing I want to point out is, that we shouldn't emphasize the Nazi thing too much now until we are certain what the contents of the sets will be.

My biggest fear is that by making a big deal about it, LEGO might cancel the whole line....similar to what happend with the Alpha Team Ogel Set 6776 from 2001, where it got put off shelves because someone felt offended by the printed map on the box where it had New York pointed out as a possible terrorist target.

And this would result in not getting any Indy MF or set at all! :-/

I think they should just make generic German-looking (grey uniforms and stahlhelm) enemies. They should defenitly avoid anything Nazi-associated. I'd love to have some Lego soldiers *sweet* .