Sign in to follow this  
Athos

Indy Lego !!

Wow! I'm finally a made guy!

Very glad to have been received nicely with my news at first. I know there were skeptics, but hey...I would be too with such a great toy license!

I do have some SW and Batman news that will trickle out too...so please do watch the other threads in the forum.

Streets of Cairo was my absolute favourite Kenner set!

Cheers!

I know Nazi's are a big part of the Indy movies, but, I don't see Lego making Nazi Minifigs.

Personally, I think they will make some evil generic fig(s) that don't have any nazi markings or emblems on them and pass them off as "bad guys", instead of full blown Nazi's. Maybe They may have a military look to them, but, no swastikas.

It really is the only way to market them and not feel a huge backlash!!

My 2 cents, Jamie

Obviously. If LEGO ever did print the "spider" on minifigs, there would be so much (uncalled for) public backlash.

TLG are a bunch of Nazis. :-P

You know, there aren't actually that many iconic Indy scenes that require "generic Nazi soldiers". They were mostly goons in the movies. Those with any importance to the plot such as Toht, Elsa, Aircraft Mechanic were dressed differently for the most part, and even the tank drivers, truck drivers etc weren't the jackboot wearing, Nazi soldiers everyone's getting worked up about.

I'd say it's actually unlikely we'll get a generic german soldier in the sets, and I honestly don't feel the sets will suffer for it.

Awesooome! Indy Lego for the win! X-D X-D

no Johnny Thunder anymore... :'-(

But Indy!! Really good news... :-D

I hope for cool sets, not pasted together nonsense. Look at the new SW stuff, TLC! Kinda like that!

If this line goes into the second year I'd appreciate it if they make the tank and the biplane from Indy 3!

About the Nazis: Yep, a bit strange. Especially cause there are a lot of buyers of Lego in germany...

But I guess there won't be ANY signs that they belong to any special army. Just generic soldiers.

Perhaps the truck set comes with only four figs: Indy, truckdriver, Beloge (sp?) and the Nazi Officer.

So it is not like they are producing armies of the Deutsche Reich, imo.

btw - isn't Indy's hat like Johnny Thunders a bit? Where is the difference?

:-)

btw - isn't Indy's hat like Johnny Thunders a bit? Where is the difference?

Like all of the Adventures line, johnny's hat & clothing was derivative of Indy's, but neither Johnny's hat nor the cowboy hat do Indy's fedora justice.

fedora2.jpg

fedora1.jpg

There would also be other uses within the Indy Jones universe for such a hat mold...

fedora3.jpg

Like all of the Adventures line, johnny's hat & clothing was derivative of Indy's, but neither Johnny's hat nor the cowboy hat do Indy's fedora justice.

fedora2.jpg

fedora1.jpg

There would also be other uses within the Indy Jones universe for such a hat mold...

fedora3.jpg

I see... thanks a lot for the pictures, jp! Obvious now we NEED a new piece! *vader* *yoda*

The main figure of a new line should not look like a cowboy or something!

Can't await it to see the figs and sets!

Wow!! Alongside Star Wars Indiana Jones is a lifetime favourite of mine too! An Egyptian tomb? Perfect :D. And I can imagine some Temple of Doom scenes and perhaps a Holy Grail set coming out later as well. So excited ^_^. I can't wait to see pics. And a Sean Connery minifig, this should be interesting :).

Wow! I'm finally a made guy!

Very glad to have been received nicely with my news at first. I know there were skeptics, but hey...I would be too with such a great toy license!

I do have some SW and Batman news that will trickle out too...so please do watch the other threads in the forum.

Streets of Cairo was my absolute favourite Kenner set!

Cheers!

I cant wait!

Great news are allways welcome!

X-O *wub* X-O *wub* X-O *wub* X-O

New whip! And look at that pouch!

cool lego_indy.gif

wow thanks!

Three new molds:

Hat, whip and shoulder bag!

I dont think that the head looks ver Indiana Jones like, but it is cool nonetheless *wub*... and it has just become my new avatar

Looks promising, thanks a lot, legomilk and sam89! *y*

Thanks looks great, nice new parts and hat... was worrid if he would the Han Solo feel.

Og hvor var du hurtig med din avatar Christian he he

Thanks looks great, nice new parts and hat... was worrid if he would the Han Solo feel.

Og hvor var du hurtig med din avatar Christian he he

Ja det fik jeg s

cool lego_indy.gif

After a closer look:

Is that line under the mouth a 'lower lip line' or Harrison Ford's scar?

Also, I feel trouble coming up with that lower gunbelt. On the (CG) picture, the belt's paintjob lines up perfectly in that stance, with the legs spread... But imagine the minifig standing up straight, the legs perfectly next to eachother... with this paintjob, the belt would be all skewed up...

See what I mean?

I wonder how they'll solve that...

Thoughts anyone?

Edited by the fixer

Well the is Computer animation, and could not be final version.

Held og Lykke Christian

Well there he is, in all his flesh-toned crappiness.

I like the new hat. The whip doesn't look like anything special; they could have easily done without that and used the old whip and made a new mold for something else. That pouch looks intriguing.

Actually, other than the fleshtones, he looks pretty good,

RIP Johnny Thunder... :'-(

Steve

cool lego_indy.gif

Lovely! *wub* *wub* That hat would be awesome for a mounted officer or a forest keeper! *wub*

And the purse, perfect for a postman! *wub*

Also, I feel trouble coming up with that lower gunbelt. On the (CG) picture, the belt's paintjob lines up perfectly in that stance, with the legs spread... But imagine the minifig standing up straight, the legs perfectly next to eachother... with this paintjob, the belt would be all skewed up...

See what I mean?

I wonder how they'll solve that...

Thoughts anyone?

I think they will print the belt itself on the hip part, and with the bags and stuff on the legs. Doesn't that sound realistic? :-/

RIP Johnny Thunder... :'-(

Agreed. :'-( :'-(

Well there he is, in all his flesh-toned crappiness.
Yep, that's always the problem.

Besides that, he looks great. Nice new whip, I'm rather surprised that they made a new mold.

Shakar

Yeay !! That Indy looks really promissing *wub*

Look at all the new elements: hat, whip and side bags 8-