Sign in to follow this  
Athos

Indy Lego !!

WOW, this is great news!! I like the variety in sizes/prices of the sets (not just big sets). The descriptions of the sets sound very promising. Only thing I'm really worried about is how the bad guys will look (Nazis). If I remember correctly from the movies, the 'motorcycle chase' and 'race for the stolen treasure' would contain Nazi soldiers.

If I remember correctly from the movies, the 'motorcycle chase' and 'race for the stolen treasure' would contain Nazi soldiers.

Good point ;-) My guess is that they will make kind of a generic torso with a generic face a bit like the ISD's Imperial officer but in black

img_2009.jpg

*yoda*

Both Sinner and DJSaulTNutz have bin thanked on mainpage.

Thanks for the great news.. *y*

My first mention on the mainpage. *wub*

Good point ;-) My guess is that they will make kind of a generic torso with a generic face a bit like the ISD's Imperial officer but in black

img_2009.jpg

*yoda*

Yeah, that would be the easiest and best way for LEGO to handle it.

Smiley Face Nazis ON!

I'm so excited!! These are sets from the Jones Original Trilogy, not the newest movie!! *wub*

AND they can't make the motorcycle chase set without Nazi minifigs! YAY.........

For a while now I've thought this guy would make an excellent WWII guy:

img_3478.jpg

I have been an Indy fan. I have seen Raiders of the Lost Ark numerous times and also fancied the Temple of Doom although I feel that the tense in the last mentioned movie was merely taken away by the silly jokes. Just my opinion.

Anyway, I have seen Indiana Jones playsets sell on eBay before. I think these were made by Kenner (not sure). One of them was called the map room from the Raiders of the Lost Ark movie with Indy standing in the middle with the staff of ra waiting for the sun to point at the spot where the ark was burried. Would be cool if Lego could recreate that. 8-

Edited by jamtf

So there's the boulder scene I love? Yay! Can't wait to see how they handled the theme (hoping they're NOT some badly designed playset sets).

It's just too bad that they're going to be fleshies. :'-(

Shakar

Edited by Shakar

It's just too bad that they're going to be fleshies. :'-(

Are they?

I love the Adventurers serie, and the Indiana Jones movies, but adventurers style Lego with fleshies.... :-/

I think fleshtones are used for all licensed themes... *n*

I hope they make a streets of Cairo set. An arabian bazaar would be wonderful.

Steve

This is amazing news! thanks sinner! ;-) I really like the sound of the vehicle sets. I reckon the bike one will have two enemy bikes and indys bike probably with some tree or barrier! :-D I cant wait for shorty! (thats if they make one! please do! :'-) )

Edited by casewindu

Hm, while I would have preferred the renewal of adventurers, this is still great news! Think of all the wonderful new pieces...that golden idol *wub*

This will be a great series! Sadly not for MF though...I really wish TLG would take back their policy on that |-/

A "Streets of Cairo" set would be great, also as a parts pack. It will most likely have wagon wheels and wagon parts, jugs, baskets, barrels, all sorts of foods and fruits (basically a small market scene or bazaar), the monkey (from the man on the motorcycle with eyepatch) and some figs of course. But let's not get carried away... 2008 is still a couple months away... *sad*

Wow, that confirmation came quickly...

Truly wonderful news!

Turned out DJSaul was right.... Happy to hear that!

Cheers, Saul!

Friends, unfortunately I've got no further information about these sets.

So I don't know how they will look like, but when the toyfairs are there, in february, we'll know more

This is great news!

I'm all exited about this.

I'll start saving money for these Indy sets.

Not to rain on everyone's parade, but I have a bad feeling about this...

Often, (thought not always), Lego tends to slap these sets together for the quick tie-in buck, (look at Avatar; Spiderman, Jurrasic Park, even Harry Potter to some degree), and when it does so the sets end up being very ho-hum. I'm hoping they don't just recycle all the Adventurers theme pieces in flesh tones, but my expectations are extremely low. Wasn't Adventurers just a rip-off Indy in the first place?

I may just wait for the few "new" pieces on Bricklink if my fears are confirmed.

lol, everybody wants Nazi figs so bad (including me). :-D

This should be interesting. I missed out on the Adventure series, so this is definently a great replacement, though like gosuke said, the sets could be lame. :-/

:'-) This is really really great news

Wait,what?

Great now I need to save some money for the new indy sets :-D

Darn TLG for giving us too many great sets all at once

can't wait

Piranha

(Indy Lego video game,sounds good to me)

So 4 of the sets are from Raiders and the other 4 are from the new one. Looks like in 09 we wil l see 8 but probaly will dwindle down to one set from each movie in 2010 and 2011. *sweet*

Oh and Darth Andrew, you have no idea. Dum Dum Duuuuuuuuuuum! :-D

Edited by PSPguy

nazi lego?

ok this is the last frontier for lego

the no-violence policy is sooooo away right now..

the undead

the batman weapons

the star wars weapons

its really all about compat

its all about war and violence

its all about fighting and killing

there is war in each theme! (besides city but there are ungry police men and robbers there too)

and to top that we will have our very own nazi!

i trully hate this idea!

indiana jones lego sounds to me that lego will do anything for a few extra bucks!

its a shame

I kind of agree with phoinix. Its hard for me to picture kids running around with Nazi mfs. I think the nazis are a bit to involved in the movies for lego to make sets. :-X

Wow. This is great news. Now I can make a nazi moc. I've been a fan of the pc game commando and commando 2, where you play british commandos out to sabotage the nazi's operation. Great to be able to recreate scenes from that game in true lego style!

lol well i highly doubt there will be an nazi symbols (unless poor old germany wont be getting the sets) i wonder what faces they will have on the nazis, im guessin a new kind of evil grin

there is alot of potentiol for small indy sets but i cant imagine what a $79 indy set would look like :/ I hope they make a plane set to!

I know Nazi's are a big part of the Indy movies, but, I don't see Lego making Nazi Minifigs.

Personally, I think they will make some evil generic fig(s) that don't have any nazi markings or emblems on them and pass them off as "bad guys", instead of full blown Nazi's. Maybe They may have a military look to them, but, no swastikas.

It really is the only way to market them and not feel a huge backlash!!

My 2 cents, Jamie