Sign in to follow this  
Athos

Indy Lego !!

Even if Lego does make an Indiana Jones theme, it's probably going to suck.

I mean, this is the same Lego corporation that's getting sued by angry parents because the new Lego Star Wars sets contain little plastic blaster rifles.

So Lego would have to make a really, really tame version of the movie, in order to produce "politically correct" sets.

No weapons of any form, no Nazi symbols, pretty much no violence whatsoever.

So, as I said in my topic sentence, if Lego really does go through with this, it's going to be a pretty boring series.

Just think of the public outrage when Harry wore a Nazi uniform to a dress up party.

I don't think it would go down to well either.

I mean, this is the same Lego corporation that's getting sued by angry parents because the new Lego Star Wars sets contain little plastic blaster rifles.

LOL... you have any links to back this up.. :-D

I mean, this is the same Lego corporation that's getting sued by angry parents because the new Lego Star Wars sets contain little plastic blasters...

Where did ya here this? *wacko*

Article.

Scroll down to the comments at the bottom, and you can read the response I posted to it.

If people react this badly to tiny little minifig guns, I kind of doubt Lego will be very receptive to my idea that they start marketing my rubberband powered lego shotguns. :(

If LEGO makes an Indy theme, we should wait to see the sets before passing judgment. And if the sets do suck, I'll still be cool with it. For years I wanted to see a LEGO Batman license and was excited when they finally got it. But when the sets came out, I was disappointed with LEGOs execution of the theme. However, I'm fine with it because the sets provide me with the minifigs, minifig accessories, and other theme specific elements to make my own Batman MOCs. I'll feel the same way with Indiana Jones sets if they prove to be a less than stellar.

Several people have questioned this so you provided the following link:

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article...do?ito=newsnow&

Scroll down to the comments at the bottom, and you can read the response I posted to it.

If people react this badly to tiny little minifig guns, I kind of doubt Lego will be very receptive to my idea that they start marketing my rubberband powered lego shotguns. :(

Nowhere in that article does it state that parents are suing LEGO over the new minifig guns (on what grounds could someone sue LEGO on this issue anyway? Organize a boycott sure, but sue?) In fact, although the headline says parents are upset over this issue, the actual article doesn't produce any upset parents. It mentions adult fans, an anonymous Brickish Association member talks about policy change at TLG and Huw Millington of Brickset says some people think licensing has hurt LEGO but he doesn't agree. I don't see alot of angry individuals. It seems like poor journalism and much ado about nothing to me.

So Lego would have to make a really, really tame version of the movie, in order to produce "politically correct" sets.

In the comments section of the linked article, you also claim that Wild West, Pirates and Knights Kingdom were retired by LEGO because the proliferation of weapons in those themes weren't "politically correct". Where did you get the idea that LEGO is motivated by political correctness? Knights Kingdom ran its' course and has been replaced by the new castle line (which is more violent - and better - if you ask me). Similarly, Wild West and Pirates were retired to make way for new themes like Adventurers (a theme that reused the Wild West weapons). If you are going to make these kind of statements, you should really have facts to back them up.

No weapons of any form,

If LEGO does make Indy sets, I'd say it's almost certain that there will be weapons. I doubt we'll see new weapons though - they'd probably use Adventurers and Batman weapons.

no Nazi symbols,

This is a given. My understanding is that it's forbidden to use the swastika in many European countries (not to mention that it would have lots of people up in arms).

pretty much no violence whatsoever.

Considering the direction of LEGO themes of late and that we're talking about Indiana Jones, violence is almost guaranteed.

So, as I said in my topic sentence, if Lego really does go through with this, it's going to be a pretty boring series.

Lets see:

LEGO = greatest toy ever.

Indiana Jones = some of the best adventure cinema ever.

But, LEGO + Indiana Jones = boring?

That must be the new math! ;-)

Ken

Article.

No where in the article does it say that anyone is suing anyone. As for for your "suck" comment. why don't you wait until we get more new other than "there are rumors of LEGO doing Indiana Jones" before passing such harsh judgment (like maybe some actual PICS of the sets) :-| :-| :-|

Uh, not sure if it was mentioned back there, but there seemed to be a bit of confusion over the title:

Indiana Jones and the City of Gods

is the real one. :-)

TK

Uh, not sure if it was mentioned back there, but there seemed to be a bit of confusion over the title:

Indiana Jones and the City of Gods

is the real one. :-)

TK

It doesn't actually have an official title yet ;-)

Ok, I will admit the article doesn't actually say that Lego is getting sued, I misremembered the article.

However, the Lego sets that Lego has retired were a lot more violent and less "politically correct" than the stuff Lego is making now.

Now I'm done.

Back on topic. :)

i hope the rumors are false, they have already had an advernturers line that never did to well, plus a mummy type theme. There isnt enought sets that can be done, just like batman, if lego are goona get lisences then it should be for large themes they can create alot of sets on

or better still go back to 1990 and START BEING ORIGINAL :)

Ok, I will admit the article doesn't actually say that Lego is getting sued, I misremembered the article.

Apparently you also misremembered the article when you wrote the comment directly below it? :)

However, the Lego sets that Lego has retired were a lot more violent and less "politically correct"...

Erm, LEGO has retired a gazillion sets by now, not all of which contained weapons.

...than the stuff Lego is making now.

Batman tommyguns? Star Wars rifles?

Back on topic. :)

Right, sorry. :) I would very much like to see IJ in LEGO form! But, as most of you guys around here, the return of JT would be even more appreciated.

I find it pretty funny that so many members here completely dismiss the possibility of the line because of the Nazis. They were the main villians in 2 of the 4 films (Nazis aren't really around in the 50's). If LEGO wants to include their characters, they could easily replace the swastika with an "x". We never saw the Nazis in Indiana Jones do much worse than the Stormtroopers did in Star Wars, so I don't think there would be much of a public outcry. They're the bad guys after all.

If LEGO wants to include their characters, they could easily replace the swastika with an "x".

That's what I said a page back. Like Factor 5 did in their 'Indiana Jones' Greatest Adventures' SNES game.

Problem solved.

Bring them sets on... ;-)

Ok, I hope I've scooped Sam......so here are the tenative Indy sets for January 2008:

7620 Motorcycle Chase

7621 Lost Tomb

7622 Race for the Stolen Treasure

7623 Temple Escape

I'm sure that Legomilk or someone can verify....a second wave is set for April release to coincide with the film's release...

Can't wait to see an Indy minifig!

That's what I said a page back. Like Factor 5 did in their 'Indiana Jones' Greatest Adventures' SNES game.

Problem solved.

Bring them sets on... ;-)

Yes, and I'm glad I'm not the only one. I know that others have said that, and I've said it too, but I just wanted to explain my side of the debate one more time.

I'm still skeptical... Especially since those sets sound like they belong in the first three movies... and the rumor was for the 4th...

Steve

We never saw the Nazis in Indiana Jones do much worse than the Stormtroopers did in Star Wars, so I don't think there would be much of a public outcry. They're the bad guys after all.

Well, the important difference between SW Stormtroopers and Nazis is that the last ones were real....

Maybe those LEGO Indy sets

Not much to say

Cause its already been said X-D

Well i guess this is the end of the adventurers *sad*

They were good sets and very fun

Indiana Jones Lego should be very interesting

I hope they are as good as the SW sets and the old adventure theme

And not just a bunch of junk sets like..........(might offend members who like the theme 8-| )

Piranha

lets start thinking about what sets you would like to see

hehe

Yes, and I'm glad I'm not the only one. I know that others have said that, and I've said it too, but I just wanted to explain my side of the debate one more time.

And right you were! Guess we're eager to solve the potential problem and get our hands on some Indy sets ;-)

By the way, what's the deal with the set titles and numbers DJSaulTNutz posted?

8-

And right you were! Guess we're eager to solve the potential problem and get our hands on some Indy sets ;-)

By the way, what's the deal with the set titles and numbers DJSaulTNutz posted?

8-

I'm still skeptical... Especially since those sets sound like they belong in the first three movies... and the rumor was for the 4th...

Steve

Well, they're apparently the January line, when the film comes out in May - perhaps they're meant to be from the first films, and sets from the fourth film will be released in the new April line.*

It doesn't actually have an official title yet

Odd, I read that in the... July (I think) Edition of FHM. *wacko*

TK

*This statement is issued assuming that the information above presented by DJSaulTNutz is correct. The Kid assumes no responsibility for incorrect sources or information. All Rights Reserved.

Edited by The Kid

Yeah lol. I know a lot of people are bummed that this means the end of the Adventurers, but that line hasn't been around in almost 4 years now.

That's right. Johnny Thunder's Adventure line was a good one, but now it's time to move on and keep up with the Joneses...

I hope...

*sweet*

Edited by the fixer