Sign in to follow this  
Athos

Indy Lego !!

If this is true, I have to find more space in my room... X-D I hope that TLC produce sets of the first three movies too, there are many figures, vehicles and places that Lego could make! Ok, the nazis from the first movie wouldn't be a good idea.... 8-|

Edited by Lego-Freak

Hmm,an Indy fig is quite simple,just take Johnny Thunder and give him Han Solo's face.
But in flesh ;-) . What the 4th Indy movie about actually?

Indiana Jones and the ark of Noah?

More new animals (And maybe brown bears X-D )

A nazi battle pack would be nice, and then let them slaugtered by a jedi >:-) :-P :-D

I don't know where y'guys get 'Indiana Jones and the ark of Noah' from...

What I've heared is that the possible titles were 'Indiana Jones and the four skulls' and 'Indiana Jones and the City of the Gods'...

Well, anyway...

I would LOVE to see an Indy Lego line! In fact this news was the best I've heared since the news of a possible Ghostbusters III movie!

Rock on, LEGO and Lucasfilm!

And while we're on the subject... With Spielberg being a minifig and all...

How about a Lego line based on the upcoming Spielberg/Jackson Tintin movies?

Think about it...

The moon rocket! The shark-shaped submarine! The 'Unicorn' ship! Minifig Tintin!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for that to happen too!

Hmm,an Indy fig is quite simple,just take Johnny Thunder and give him Han Solo's face.

It is not that simple. Thunder has that silly bandana around his neck, and his hat is nothing like a fedora. No whip either.

I find it odd there are so many people who would rather have Thunder back than Jones. A majority of Thunder's sets are derivative of IJ movie locations. So let's have the real thing rather than knock-offs.

I can totally see a number of JT sets (especially Egypt and Amazon) being reworked for the new license, if it all pans out.

I have 2 batches of IJ customs (purist construction) at the start & near the end of this thread. The 2nd batch include refined versions of the first batch.

I find it odd there are so many people who would rather have Thunder back than Jones. A majority of Thunder's sets are derivative of IJ movie locations. So let's have the real thing rather than knock-offs.

Hmm, exactly, why pay nonsense money for another license, when TLC is able

to make decent adventure-sceneries for free? The license-based sets

I think you misread my intent. Johnny Thunder is the knockoff. Why not go back to the original Indiana Jones?

The film will be absolutely huge, and having been a dearth of IJ merchandise widely available for over a decade, IJ logo'd toys will be flying off the shelves.

No no, I wasn

Um, I think you guys have overlooked this;

Sorry to burst some bubbles, but Indy 4 [indiana Jones and the Ark of Noah, I believe it's called] won't have Nazis.

No Nazis.

Or maybe I've overlooked something. :-/

Edited by iamded

Yes, it's likely that an Indiana Jones license would encompass the first three movies as well as the IJ4 movie. Perhaps LEGO will gauge the popularity if the IJ4 sets before delving into sets based on the earlier movies, but you can bet 'classic' scenes / vehicles / characters would be as popular (if not moreso) than the ones based on the forthcoming movie.

And if they're not going to wait-and-see before producing sets based on the older movies, then wouldn't a set with the rolling boulder & the golden idol from Raiders be a perfect 'teaser' set - released in the months leading up to the IJ4 movie (and merchandise) extravaganza?

hm... not sure what to think of it... all has been said already...

the film will be set in the early 50's so i'm guessing it's classic espionage film of the Cold War... maybe a nuclear silo as a reference to the bomb, which was the big thing in the day... perhaps Sovjets or something that resembles those guys...

maybe it'll replace batman...

This just seems like the kiss of death for the Adventurers. I had never really believed that they would be gone forever.

Now, I'm starting to think so.

I'd personally like to see a return of Johnny Thunder, but and Indiana Jones license is the next best thing. I just wonder if they'd go back to the older movies and redo scenes from those too. Either way, I'd definitely get all of the IJ sets for however long the theme would last.

You can almost guarantee if Lego doesn't take it, MegaBloks will.

Well, maybe that why Lego is making it...So Mega-Blocks won't! *y*

I believe the question of historic themes based on recent history and modern military was asked in an interview. In simple terms, the events of any war fought within the last 100 years, i.e. a potential human lifespan(and the American Civil War, I suspect) are still too close to home for a lot of people around the world.

I like military stuff like the next guy, and think Lego versions of tanks, jets, aicraft carriers, etc would be cool as heck, but I fully understand TLC's reasons for not crossing into this area. Thus, I'm dubious of the possibility of an Indiana Jones theme, given the time period. Where do they draw the line? Nazi mini-figs?

I doubt it; the term 'Nazi" and the swatstika, despite its very ancient origin as a symbol of arcane knowledge, still raise strong feelings of revulsion and have both generally become synonymous with evil. To see a swatstika represented in any way on a box of Lego would certainly raise eyebrows, and ,potentially, lawsuits. Too, people these days seem to have very thin skins, offend easily, and feel they are entitled to all sorts of reparations, whether justified or not. And there are lawyers who make their lucrative livings by virtue of these emotionally smitten 'victims'. I'd hate to see my all-time favorite toy manufacturer fall prey to such.

I think TLC did well by creating the Johnny Thunder line; they're not limited by what was and wasn't in a movie, nor by licensing stipulations. And they can pretty much copy any scenario from a myriad of adventure games and movies, adding their brand of humor and charm. My $.02 - M'Kyuun

I highly doubt any of these sets would include nazis, or especially symbols like swastikas, etc. Since Lego is based out of Europe I don't think any of those things would go over well.

However, I bet they include soldiers, probably in grey uniforms that are without symbols.

I personnally would love to see a couple of sets including:

The car chase scene from Raiders where Indy gets stuck on the front of the German duece and a half.

The flying wing from Raiders.

The rope bridge and the mine cars from Temple of Doom.

The possibilities are great. Hopefully this is all true!

I highly doubt any of these sets would include nazis, or especially symbols like swastikas, etc. Since Lego is based out of Europe I don't think any of those things would go over well.

However, I bet they include soldiers, probably in grey uniforms that are without symbols.

I personnally would love to see a couple of sets including:

The car chase scene from Raiders where Indy gets stuck on the front of the German duece and a half.

The flying wing from Raiders.

The rope bridge and the mine cars from Temple of Doom.

The possibilities are great. Hopefully this is all true!

Well, if they do make Indy sets, I'd definitely second you on the German flying wing, and the tank from Last Crusade would be cool.

I definitly would like to see an Indy theme. I totally *wub* the movies and new minifigs would be awesome. But I agree with many of you that JT was similar. I saw the Adventurers line as a Indy spoof.

Time will tell if TLC releases this theme. If the idea is on the drawing board, I can't wait to hear what TLC will do. If the theme is a go, I will be :'-) to see the sets they come out with.

They could pretty much solve the Swastika problem by replacing it by a black X in a red circle.

Pretty much the same solution Factor 5 used in their 1993 Indiana Jones' Greatest Adventures game on Super Nintendo.