Sign in to follow this  
Athos

Indy Lego !!

Rumors of Indy lego have surfaced. Intrigued, but not sure I'm convinced...

Personally, I'd much prefer a new JT line... Here's hoping the source misspoke and meant an Indy-like line...

Steve

Well this sounds like something that could definitely be very promising if it's true. For the moment I'm not holding my breath, but I'm not ruling it out as a possibility

it seems weird that LEGO would license this movie, after all the good opportunities they have missed *wacko*

however, maybe the SW license has put lucas and LEGO into a good partnership that they are looking to expand on ???

honestly, im not sure how excited i would be if this surfaces... id rather have the adventurers back. i miss johnny :'-)

- BrickMiner

Here's hoping the source misspoke and meant an Indy-like line...

but we already have an Indy-like line, the Adventure theme.

Looking at how lego NOT GOING for license for:

LOTR (can easily be done using the existing castle themes),

POTC (pirates),

any robot/mecha such as Gundam etc etc (they invent their own theme, EXO Force!)

I always assume adventure series is a take on Indiana Jones without paying for the license...

Edited by Imperial Dawg

You can almost guarantee if Lego doesn't take it, MegaBloks will.

but we already have an Indy-like line, the Adventure theme.

Looking at how lego NOT GOING for license for:

LOTR (can easily be done using the existing castle themes),

POTC (pirates),

any robot/mecha such as Gundam etc etc (they invent their own them, EXO Force!)

I always assume adventure series is a take on Indiana Jones without paying for the license...

However since they clearly have good relations with LFL (three videogames now, a long-running theme, various spin-off items, etc.) they'd be much more likely to accept a license if offered, rather than another one that they'd have to invest in. Hell, Lucas might have done it for advertisement and given them a break on the licensing fees, who knows? But it's much more plausible.

If there is Indy Lego, does that mean all the WWII buff will finally get their Nazi minifigs? Or at least official Lego military weapons?

It just seems like there are too many guns and Nazis in Indiana Jones for Lego to want the license. It could be cool though, especially if they give us a few sets from the old Indy movies. Imagine the Holy Grail chamber with tons of pearl gold goblets...

If this is true it would open up a load more minifigs for us such as indian people and the dreaded Nazi (some how I really dont think Lego will make a Nazi)

A great scene would be when the little chinese boy(I forget his name) is driving the car while they are getting chased through the streets of......(china? I forget where that is aswell ;-) )

I wuld really appreciate these sets though.

Intreguing this possibility is :-D

Lets assume this is true for the purpose of discussion: I think that this is a odd move. After 3 POTC movies and a lot of wishing and requests for the pirate theme come back (an I would definitly be a part of those who want more pirate sets !!), you would assume that TLC use the momentom but NO !! Still not a bloody pirate them on the horizon...

So instaed of surfing the wave of Indy 4 and realeasing a cheaper and most wanted JT line, it seems that TLC bought yet another license :-| Why would hey do that ??I know a lot of people who will be bummed by having fleshie adventurer figs :-P

Oh well, a new adventurer them, beein JT or INdy would greatly be appreciated by a majority of members of this forum so all I have to say is... BRING IT ON !!

*yoda*

Seems pointless to me, weve had the great adventures line and if i was lego i would just continue that line and save a hat full of cash.

Oh well i guess indy is better than some lines we could have.

Although I would rather have JT back,I guess an Indiana Jones theme won't be to bad. |-/

This is off topic but Indiana was his dogs name. X-D

This would be totally stupid. We need Johnny Thunder back, not the "lame action movie star du jour" license.

I sure hope this is false.

It is incredibly stupid that Lego had not thought of doing any Indian Jones movies in the past, and no lame "Adventurer" character could compare to the one and only Harrison Ford!

I hope this is true!

There's a lot of potential in this.

Maybe we get some Nazi minifigs X-D

Edited by bonaparte

Wow - This picture is making quite an assertion!

0009703.jpg

The illustrator might be slightly embarrassed if this doesn't come though. 8-|

I remember we had a thread about discussing the potential concept of any Indy 4 theme. I'm to busy to go searching at the moment but I think Yoda comented that we could get another 'Padm

That Indy Logo is from a poster and movie box..

But i wont bet on it, but then again as severel has said..... Lucas like Lego..

And Speilberg have bin into a minifig

And Speilberg have bin into a minifig
:-D thats true... i had forgotten about that. that makes this news seem all the more likely.

- BrickMiner

Basically, if this is true we will see a Johnny Thunder minifig with a Han Solo head. :-D

And I thought that Lego was having financial trouble because of those licenses they paid for... :-|

Sorry to burst some bubbles, but Indy 4 [indiana Jones and the Ark of Noah, I believe it's called] won't have Nazis.

Though I'd like that line, some nice castle parts could be had, as well as good figs. I'd like to see that nightclub from Temple of Doom in LEGO.

Too bad John Rhys-Davies hasn't been approached to return as Sallah and Brody won't appear in this one.

What LEGO needs is the Chronicles of Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever licence!

Edited by hewkii9

This will be a great theme hopefully It comes with many great new pieces. Hopefully my wallet has recovered from this 2007 year once they are released.

I got goosebumps reading this... I've been a huge fan of Indy since I was a kid. However, Im not holding my breath...

LEGO Whips Out A New License

Posted by D_Martin on May 30, 2007 at 07:19 PM CST:

During Celebration IV, one of the guys at LEGO wasn't being mindful of the crowds, or more precisely the two ears of said crowd, when he let it slip that they will be producing toys for Lucasfilm's upcoming Indiana Jones IV feature film. While details are a bit sketchy, it is safe to assume that these will be shown later this year. Hats off to trusted CTR friend Nick for the heads up.

Source: http://www.cooltoyreview.com/story/front/L...ense_106361.asp

Actually there's a topic about this already, but it's in the History forum! So I'll move it here and merge these two topics

Tks Wolfie ;-) G that really amazes me !! They waited to get a peach adventurer theme costing more due to license cost |-/ If they had bigger brains they would just have released a new JT theme just before the releasing of Indy 4 :-|

So there is hope for a POTC licence for the 4th instalment :-D

OK, now the only thing to do is pray for a great line !! It has so much possibilities, lets hope TLC won't mess it too much ;-)

Indy On !!

*yoda*

Hmm,an Indy fig is quite simple,just take Johnny Thunder and give him Han Solo's face.