Holy crap, thats cool!!!

3 vehicles and just 200 parts and so many functions. This is absolutely a job well done.

And we have a winner... :wink:

yes we do :D

This entry reminds me for set of 8872, when i was a little child, i always wanted a set like this :classic:

8872isosmall.jpg

Thank you all very much for the compliments :blush:

This entry reminds me for set of 8872, when i was a little child, i always wanted a set like this :classic:

8872isosmall.jpg

I was thinking the same thing half way during making this entry and even thought about making a forklift instead of a wheel loader, but I liked the idea of a wheel loader more. Though since you mentioned it, it has been in the back of my head to make one anyway, just for fun. I finally had some time today to mess around with it. First I wanted to try to make it out of the parts from the wheel loader, but even though I tried I knew it would end up looking silly due to the size of the tires. So I made this with parts not from the wheel loader (nor was the rest of the entry harmed in the making of this forklift :wink: )

fdddbf3840961320d0d88df7718e7f04.jpg

5f0edf5b1ffe4878285192777255bf09.jpg

It can steer and move the fork up and down thanks to 2 wormgears. It has 68 parts. I don't have any intention for this forklift to replace the wheel loader though, just made it for fun and as a little (pun not intended :wink: ) tribute to the 8872 which I remembering building from catalog images back in the day :sweet:

000c90eba87fa7bd3dd7f3d6d7028120.jpg

Trailer is a little bit too big for it, but the locking mechanism also works for this forklift :classic:

Picture of the whole "family"

eb0aabaae1f1f00ec3e8a821d76e352b.jpg

I still have plans for a "B-Model", had a few ideas, even tried to work one out, but it wasn't to my satisfaction, so I scrapped that. I had a new idea this past week which hopefully works out with the parts I have available to me.

:classic:

I love this forklift, it is so cute :wub:

But it's scale is a little bit smaller, than the truck, so the loader may be a better choice...or make a bigger forklift:)

Edited by Eraman

aahhhww! that forklift :P long time ago i went on to build in the same way with the worm gears, but i had alot of them since it was tall and when raising the forks to a current height they always got stuck, maybe only having 2 worm gears would solve this ;) yours doesnt get stuck?

Thanks everybody, I like how cute it came out too :classic:

Goldvillage, I have seen that problem with 3 wormgears, I solved that by giving it less room to move between the liftarms it was locked into (but still 1-2MM of space around the liftarms to keep it running smooth). Problem didn't occur at all with 2 wormgears.