Sign in to follow this  
Wardancer

MOC: DST1a "Griffin" and DST 1b "Raven"

UPDATE 15.02.15: New Version 1C Falcon below

DeadlySpearThrowers 1a and 1b: The Griffin and the Raven

Elves usually do not trust in machinery - except when it comes to giant bows. Initially designed as a ranged cavallery killer, the DST has quickly spread through the kingdoms as an all purpose war machine. Put them on your towers, put them on your ship and neither man nor beast will harm you.

Mimicing color and shape of well known predators such as the griffin and the raven, the DST 1 strikes with force beyond the power of a human individual and spreads peace easily. Quickly deployed and maintenance free, it is popular amongst factions with different concepts of moral. The Raven version of the DST1 enjoys excessive use by the so-called "evil" factions, but other factions also like to employ it for nightime objectives.

If this is ever becoming available on brickling mocshop, I recommend to equip your army with one of the many colors available.

14519216502_6b6ef9cb11_c.jpg

. von MWardancer auf Flickr

14333713988_106515229b_c.jpg

. von MWardancer auf Flickr

14333841387_876c7ef3e5_c.jpg

3 front von MWardancer auf Flickr

14497189526_5cfd56cc55_c.jpg

4 total with elf von MWardancer auf Flickr

14520278615_601299eb01_c.jpg

5 perspective von MWardancer auf Flickr

14519233482_d33d857a01_c.jpg

2 total von MWardancer auf Flickr

14333731738_4ed809b1db_c.jpg

1 above von MWardancer auf Flickr

14520295065_33b881cf62_c.jpg

3 front von MWardancer auf Flickr

14333645970_7f9ded1b23_c.jpg

4 front with elf von MWardancer auf Flickr

14333697509_e6f7067390_c.jpg

5 perspective von MWardancer auf Flickr

This is a redo of an older moc of mine, but I did not want to revive a long dead topic.

C&C welcome.

Edited by Wardancer

good info,Beautifull, honestly one of the best moc I've ever seen.thank you48.gif

Edited by bitterray

Thanks a lot for the kind replies. Although it is not much compared to the impressive MOCs I see here every day, a lot of different attempts were necessary until it was finished. I had to cheat by cutting off some rope to make it fit.

I can imagine a fiery red "Phoenix" version. Also I want to try a version that shoots more than one arrow at the same time.

For my own army I would Love more earthen colors like dark tan and brown, but the space Wing is very limited in color choice. Maybe sacrificing the rules of purism is necessary. If one of you owns some of the very rare brown spacewings I heard about, please let me know.

You really got the elven look on these warmachines :) And on your Flickr I think you are building up an interesting elven collection :) Would be nice with some story on Flickr too!

Edited by Tuben

Thank you very much!

Today I can finally present the

DST1c "Falcon"

Even though Germans Elves have become one of the worlds leaders in exporting weapons, their own needs should not be forgotten. The Falcon is their tool of choice when normal bows reach their limits.

​15917323544_b87a8e4c52_o.jpg01 total by MWardancer, on Flickr

16539911035_f7ca3bfdb8_o.jpg02 top by MWardancer, on Flickr

16539911165_3a1ca0022b_o.jpg03 targeting by MWardancer, on Flickr

16539911335_ef468c313d_o.jpg04 front by MWardancer, on Flickr

This one was ridiculously difficult and expensive to make. The story might serve as a example of how good the EB community works and how things may go in the AFOL world:

In the brickowl database I found the space wing in old brown. Not for sale, just the entry of its existence. Bricklink, for some reason, did not have old brown in the list of known colors. However, it reported that one specimen in old brown had been sold. I was puzzled whether the part would exist or not. So I started a thread to look for it in the BSTF forum.

Nothing happened for months.

Then the helpful CopMike came along and offered me some of the spaces wing in old brown. Where he had them from I know not. In which set these ever existed I have no idea. So, due to the help from above (the North that is), I got the wings. All I had to do to finish was to buy ridiculously expensive old brown hands, clips with plates and strings.

I plan to make three of these for my army once I am willing to spend more.

It was important to make these for my army which uses greens and browns. White was not possible because the use white is restricted to noble or spiritual units and a spear thrower is none of that. It is slightly customized like most of my army.

Edited by Wardancer

Cool ballistae! I especially like the way you gave the trailing edge of the 'wings' a feathered look using minifig hands. Very clever. :thumbup:

Cool ballistae! I especially like the way you gave the trailing edge of the 'wings' a feathered look using minifig hands. Very clever. :thumbup:

Thanks! It can damage the wings though if you clip on hands like that.