StickFig

500th Post

Howdy everyone, I'm Stick.

I've been a member of EB for a while now, and I thought that since I didn't really introduce myself when I first joined, I'd take the opportunity of my 500th post to do so. So far I am really enjoying Heroica and Historica, and I am planning to join Shadows of Nar Eurbrikka if I ever have the time. I've added myself to the member map, and I signed up for the Reviewer's Academy. Thanks to all the staff, fellows, and senior members for making this a great site. :excited:

About me: I'm a late-twenties AFOL and a proud natural-born citizen of the Republic of Texas, but I've lived and worked in two other U.S. states and four countries. Currently I hang my hat in 대한민국 (the Republic of Korea, or South Korea). As a kid my favorite set was 6054-1: Forestman's Hideout, since it was my first "cool" set, but my love as a kid was flying machines, up to and including spaceships. My pride and joy was 6984-1: Galactic Mediator, which I begged and begged my parents for until I finally received. Nowdays, I'll buy most any set if it is discounted deep enough. I just put together my first Chima set tonight - I bought it after I read a great review here - 70007: Eglor's Twin Bike.

Outside of LEGOs, I'm a Linux hobbyist and I enjoy playing basketball and ultimate Frisbee. I have been playing the cello and various percussion bits for more than fifteen years and I can also tool around on the bass guitar if whoever I'm jamming with needs someone to sit in.

Here's to a wonderful site whose members constantly amaze me by their creativity, technique, and huge budgets :laugh:.

God Bless,

Stick

P.S. - :cannon: We need a cowboy hat emoticon!

Well, er, welcome?! :grin:

Re-welcome then!

Thanks all!

How's life in Korea?

Seoul is without a doubt the craziest place I've ever lived. There is just so much... everything!

Always glad to see a fellow Linux fan!

Linux fans unite!

I started with SuSE 8.1 a long time ago, then switched to Fedora (Core) from 4 to 15, and now I very happily run Arch. Down with the micro$haft!

I started with SuSE 8.1 a long time ago, then switched to Fedora (Core) from 4 to 15, and now I very happily run Arch. Down with the micro$haft!

I have to dual-boot Windows due to my job (C# + Visual Studio), but otherwise, I run Crunchbang on my laptops and arch on desktop and home server :)

I have to dual-boot Windows due to my job (C# + Visual Studio), but otherwise, I run Crunchbang on my laptops and arch on desktop and home server :)

I've been there. Thankfully I leave my work (mostly) at work now, and my employer provides a machine. At home it's pure Linux (Android for the phones).