Who would ever have thought that a Friends set could actually be useful?

Well, many pirate builders did, atleast that was my impression a while back when the new friends cruiser was discussed here.

But now that you mention it, I haven't seen many ships with the white hull yet, In fact I can't recall a single one, maybe I was first pirate_oh.gif

Thanks.

Edited by Sebeus I

It is a fantastic and beautiful ship, I've viewed this single ship more than any other posted. It reminds me a lot of the HMS Surpise, low and sleek. The stern "wow", one of my favorite features. Great job, I know it's an inspiration to many of us.

Thank you,

lddbeatrix.png

The Digital version of the ship is almost finished, incase anyone would be interested in building instructions pirate_classic.gif .

Building instructions available for download here

(right click, 'save as')

The gun deck is not finished yet,

it's a matter of basic bricks and plates to fill up the hull so there's no exact way of building the missing bits anyway.

Yet I do plan to provide complete instructions but as I find LDD kind of difficult to work with I'll have to open the deck on the real ship to see what I'm doing.

I will do that only after the next Belug event (as the operation would mess up the rigging).

However I am certain that anyone can build a fine replica using these instructions (in fact you may come accros some improvements on the original ship pir_laugh2.gif ).

Well... Instructions is one thing, gathering the parts you need is another pirate_laugh2.gif .

But you don't have to stick to that colorscheme of course, a variant with a black or brown hull would be interesting pirate_devg1.gif .

Unfortunately I don't think all of the white parts used for the brickbuilt stern are available in reddish brown color.. perhaps they might be in dark orange, I don't know how these two colors looks like together.

Anyway, thanks a lot for sharing this!!

Unfortunately I don't think all of the white parts used for the brickbuilt stern are available in reddish brown color.. perhaps they might be in dark orange, I don't know how these two colors looks like together.

Anyway, thanks a lot for sharing this!!

You're right, maybe I'll try working out some alternatives for a brown and dark brown hull,

black shouldn't be a problem I think.

Sebeus I, may I use some of your techniques, please? I am building my first ever sailing ship.

Of course, good luck on your first ship pirate_wink.gif .

Well... I'm always a bit apprehensive about commenting on bumped topics but this is one of those occasions that allows newcomers to comment on something excellent so I'm going for it. This is easily one of my favorite Lego ships (top 5, perhaps) and I remember being delighted (as a lurker) when it was first posted last year. The color scheme is beautiful and the overall design is simply superb. The piece count is within range of the "mighty" (haha) 10210 IFS, so why can't TLG do something this good? I'm certain that Pirates-theme fans would clear the shelves if something this good was available as an official set. Sebeus, this is truly a masterpiece. It looks just about perfect to my eyes and should definitely be on prominent display somewhere. Fantastic!

Oh no, I am gathering the parts for my ship based on the "Friends Cruise" hull (see my profile picture for a foresighttp) and I thought it would be inovative just to see Sebeus did it half a year ago... >sigh< Nevertheless, she is a beauty. Some thing I don't like, as the cabin's headlight, but that would be nitpicking.

Time certainly flies, I remember buidling this ship as if it was yesterday pir_laugh2.gif .

Oh no, I am gathering the parts for my ship based on the "Friends Cruise" hull (see my profile picture for a foresighttp) and I thought it would be inovative just to see Sebeus did it half a year ago... >sigh< Nevertheless, she is a beauty. Some thing I don't like, as the cabin's headlight, but that would be nitpicking.

By all means, don't let that stop you, more ships with the white hull are more than welcome pirate_wink.gif .

<p>I am too far gone to stop now, actually I am awaiting my brickset order of the hull pieces. Hope I'll be finished as soon as the Brethrens of the Brick Seas set sail

Edited by Rotaser

Usually, I'm not the biggest fan of large, detailed ships; because, I've found that many MOCers overdo the details and make their creations too "busy." However, I adore this ship. It's color scheme really captures my attention, and it has just the right amount of details, most of which involve some sort of storyline or playability. Well done. :pir_laugh2:

Sebeus,

I'm brand new here (1st post even!), but I just wanted to say thank you for posting the detailed pictures, lxf file, and the WIP thread. My oldest son is just now big enough to justify getting all of my 20 year old Lego ships and imperial trading post out of storage, and I have been looking for ideas on MOCs and keep coming across yours time after time. Beatrix, Farore's Wind, and The Christine are just terrific. In particular, your Brig of War http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=5814384 seems like the perfect size and style to fit in with my old 90s sets and my 8 year old's Pirates of the Caribbean ships. You wouldn't have any WIP threads for these other ships somewhere too? (I promise I've been searching...)

I definitely bit off more than I could chew with my first attempt at a custom ship that is just too big, but I think if I study yours closely then hopefully I can come up with something as clean and realistic as your designs to satisfy me that is still playable enough for my 8 year old. Thanks again, and I would appreciate it if I could ask you for some hints if I get stuck along the way if you don't mind.

Thanks,

Adam

Sebeus,

I'm brand new here (1st post even!), but I just wanted to say thank you for posting the detailed pictures, lxf file, and the WIP thread. My oldest son is just now big enough to justify getting all of my 20 year old Lego ships and imperial trading post out of storage, and I have been looking for ideas on MOCs and keep coming across yours time after time. Beatrix, Farore's Wind, and The Christine are just terrific. In particular, your Brig of War http://www.brickshel...y.cgi?i=5814384 seems like the perfect size and style to fit in with my old 90s sets and my 8 year old's Pirates of the Caribbean ships. You wouldn't have any WIP threads for these other ships somewhere too? (I promise I've been searching...)

I definitely bit off more than I could chew with my first attempt at a custom ship that is just too big, but I think if I study yours closely then hopefully I can come up with something as clean and realistic as your designs to satisfy me that is still playable enough for my 8 year old. Thanks again, and I would appreciate it if I could ask you for some hints if I get stuck along the way if you don't mind.

Thanks,

Adam

Thank you, It's always nice to hear that my work is appreciated pirate_blush.gif .

I only have a few WIP treads and you've probably seen all of them already,

for my Brig of war I don't have one.

I still have the ship intact (kind of atleast) so I may be able to halp you with some additional pictures.

If I find time, I'll take it off the shelf and take some pictures showing more about the building constructions I used.

I could also replicate part of it in LDD, it shouldn't be too much work.

ALthough only part of it because that ship used the old type of hulls (which are not available in LDD).

Edited by Sebeus I

Thank you for the quick response - and yes, your work is very much appreciated!

I found the thread on the Brig of War http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=71195, so that is definitely helpful. Being a novice like myself who is really used to following the instructions and doesn't have a large part inventory, the most difficult part for me right now is figuring out the inner workings of how to build up to what is visible in the pictures of your awesome MOCs. I found myself zooming in on your pictures of it when it fell of the shelf this morning! Of course getting an accurate count on the pieces I need to get from Bricklink is important from a cost perspective and keeping the wife off my back... ;)

Any help you can offer on providing some additional guidance on LDD or pictures would be great. My goal right now is something approaching your Brig of War/HMS Interceptor with the traditional black/yellow color scheme and a red gun deck. I have the hull pieces and some brown, black, and red plates. I'm also planning on piecing together a replica of the BSB since it was a ship I couldn't afford when I was my son's age!

Here is my oldest with our little fleet... I need to flatten out those Imperial sails... :( https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10155643284215261&l=1b0e9f2f49

Thanks again for taking the time to respond and for your help!

Regards,

Adam

I've been working on a digital version of the ship, like I said it's not complete,

I didn't cover to full inner construction but it's definitely a bit more than what can be derived from the pictures.

Brig_of_war_by_Sebeus.lxf

(right-click, save as...)

I would have to take apart a great deal of the ship to get to the bottom of it.

I might do that but not today pir_laugh2.gif .

That is a great help, thank you so much! I'm really grateful that you're so willing to help even a brand new guy like me! Do you think it would be OK to start my own topic where I try to build a sister-ship to your HMS Interceptor or would that be too fan-boy ish lol...?